Muslim Who Won’t Sell Pork Loses Dunkin’ Donuts Franchise

I thought you valued our system of checks and balances? Now suddenly the simple fact a Muslim has lost a LEGAL battle makes you side with your religion.
In this case I would side with the guy even if he was a Buddhist or just a vegitarian.

DD changed the rules in the middle of the game.

Which was totally unfair regardless of religion.

You need a waaaabulance?

Should we call whine one one for ya?

Their business, their rules. Unlucky. Maybe he could move to an Islamic country where they are more rigid about these things?

The funny thing is not all Muslim countries ban pork and alcohol, in my hotel in Bahrain I had pork sausages and a gin and tonic in my hotel room. :thup:

It's like the Christian man who own's a liquor store and yet is also a Deacon in his Church.

He knows it's against his religion and lives a hypocritical life.

It's not against the Christian religion to drink. Not even close.

As is their right. Stop fucking whining. Don't like pork... fine, don't eat it. Don't wanna sell pork? Fine, don't buy a DD franchise. I hope that's clear.
Read the OP nitwit.

He bought the franchise and open the store years before DD offered pork produces.

Actually that's not what happened. He didn't buy the franchise, he leased the franchise as part of a contract. Basically he rented the use of the name (for this discussion, franchise means other things like access to training, materials, and consumables - but that matter here), the rental agreement (contract) expired and terms were laid out of continuation. Accept or reject.

>>>>

I thought you valued our system of checks and balances? Now suddenly the simple fact a Muslim has lost a LEGAL battle makes you side with your religion.
In this case I would side with the guy even if he was a Buddhist or just a vegitarian.

No they didn't, they changed the rules at the end of the contract period when it was up for renewal, not "in the middle of the game".

>>>>

When he bought the franchise DD didn't sell pork products.

And for 20 years he has been operating his business without offering bacon or pork sausage products with the blessings of DD corporate office.

Then all at once DD comes along and changes the rules and says that he has to offer pork products.

Looks like he had a choice to make and he made it. Now he has to live with it.

No they didn't, they changed the rules at the end of the contract period when it was up for renewal, not "in the middle of the game".

Right, Shithead, they changed the rules when the contract expired. But, they still have one set of rules for Muslims and another set of rules for Jews.

When he bought the franchise DD didn't sell pork products.

And for 20 years he has been operating his business without offering bacon or pork sausage products with the blessings of DD corporate office.

Then all at once DD comes along and changes the rules and says that he has to offer pork products.

Looks like he had a choice to make and he made it. Now he has to live with it.

To be fair he had little choice. As a Muslim that practices the religion he can have nothing to do with Pork. he can not handle it, touch it or use it. If he added it to the menu he would have to stop being a practicing Muslim or stop going to his store.

However he has no legal grounds to complain, it is a renewable contract and the terms are established by Dunkin Donuts. He had his day in Court and lost.

DD had the right and power to change the Contract. Personally I would not have since they accommodated him for 20 years. I suspect something else was going on. We just don't know.

Right, Shithead, they changed the rules when the contract expired. But, they still have one set of rules for Muslims and another set of rules for Jews.

DD allows Jews to skip the pork products?

Read the article according to his attorney there is at least one Kosher Jewish DD that does not serve pork.

From the OP

"In fact, Elkhatib’s lawyer found a Chicago location that did not sell breakfast sandwiches with pork because many of the customers followed Jewish dietary laws that ban the consumption of pork products."

Can you imagine the uproar and screams of anti-semitism if DD would have done the same thing with a store that caters to Jewish patrons?

So basically it boils down to bigotry against muslims.

And that's why he lost in the courts.
That Chicago location should lose their franchise, also.

I can't imagine McDonalds allowing a franchisee to refuse to sell Big Macs or Egg-a-Muffins.

Well alot of the liquor stores I go to have Muslims working the register, and a few of the strip clubs in Virginia that I went to were owned by Muslims too. :dunno:
It's like the Christian man who own's a liquor store and yet is also a Deacon in his Church.

He knows it's against his religion and lives a hypocritical life.
Christianity is anti-liquor? I think Catholics would disagree. Especially the Irish ones.

Psst! It's not a game.

Fairness is irrelevant. Resistance is futile.

So he shouldn't sell anything with high fructose corn syrup in it? How about trans fat? How about anything with a lot of cholesterol?
Those things taste good and aren't forbidden in the Quran.

So I have no problem with them.

But the religion of Liberalism does; so you should ask them. :cool:

You're a dishonest little shit, aren't you?

You deliberately cut your comment out when you quoted my reply, didn't you? Of course you did, since the default is two quotes.

Here is what I responded to:

It is hypocritical and unIslamic to invite people to accept Islam on one hand; and yet sell them something that is harmful with the other hand.

Trans fat, cholesterol, and high fructose corn syrup are harmful substances. Why is it not forbidden to sell those items?

Sorry bout that,

1. Dun-kin Donuts did the right thing, strip that muslim bum of the right to sell DD nuts.
2. How do so many muslims work in all them 7-11's?
3. All those breakfast sammiches????
4. Bunch of losers any way you slice it.
5. Rag heads.
6. Why don't they all just get pissed and move back to their hell holes they left?
7. Like some one said, call a whambalance!!!!! whaaaaaa!!!!!:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Dun-kin Donuts did the right thing, strip that muslim bum of the right to sell DD nuts.
2. How do so many muslims work in all them 7-11's?
3. All those breakfast sammiches????
4. Bunch of losers any way you slice it.
5. Rag heads.
6. Why don't they all just get pissed and move back to their hell holes they left?
7. Like some one said, call a whambalance!!!!! whaaaaaa!!!!!:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Right on, Brother! Muslims are almost as bad as those G-d Damned Jews!

Sorry bout that,

1. Nah, the Jews are cool, Jews didn't highjack our planes and crash them into our buildings now did they?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

An Arab-American owner of a Chicago-area Dunkin’ Donuts store has to give up his franchise after he lost his long-running legal battle with the restaurant chain over his religious objections to selling pork products.

The company’s lawsuit came two weeks after a federal jury found that the chain did not discriminate against Elkhatib for refusing to renew his franchise agreement because he declined to sell breakfast sandwiches with bacon, ham or sausage.

The dietary restrictions of Elkhatib’s Muslim faith forbid him from eating or handling pork. When he decided to go into the restaurant business, his faith one of the reasons why he invested in Dunkin’ Donuts in 1979. The chain did not introduce breakfast sandwiches until 1984.

For nearly 20 years, Dunkin’ Donuts accommodated his religious beliefs, even providing him signs for his store that said, “No meat products available,” Elkhatib asserted in court documents. But in 2002, the company reversed course and told him it would not renew his franchise agreement if he did not sell its full line of products.

Elkhatib sued the company but because he is not an employee of Dunkin’ Donuts, he could not sue under federal laws banning religious discrimination in the work place. Instead, he invoked a law that bars racial and certain forms of ancestry discrimination in the making of contracts.

A Chicago federal judge rejected Elkhatib’s claim, finding that it was a religious rather than a racial claim. But in 2007 an appellate court allowed the case to go to trial, finding that Dunkin’ Donuts did not consistently apply its rules on franchise holders. In fact, Elkhatib’s lawyer found a Chicago location that did not sell breakfast sandwiches with pork because many of the customers followed Jewish dietary laws that ban the consumption of pork products.

Elkhatib’s franchise agreement expired in April 2008, but Dunkin’ Donuts allowed him to keep operating the store until the end of the trial.

Muslim Who Won’t Sell Pork Loses Dunkin’ Donuts Franchise | Chill Yo Islam Yo
Good for them for standing by their faith. Now... stand by the consequences too and found a halal version of Dunkin Donuts or something. If you don't want to live by the brand standards, don't join the brand. Simple as that. Dunkin Donuts says you have to handle and serve Pork products to be part of the brand. The Qu'ran says you can't deal in pork products. Pick one since they're mutually exclusive and be happy.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Good for them for standing by their faith. Now... stand by the consequences too and found a halal version of Dun-kin Donuts or something.

1. No, no no,...let them try to found a Islamic shit stain donut shop, call it, *Dun-kin BumSticks*, not using toilet paper, and see how many normal people walk through the doors.......
2. Only reason they hide behind a franchise is the public duffass will always go to a franchise, even if the franchise holder is a rag head.
3. Not the same for the local falafel shops.
4. People like Joe public won't be dragged into those places.
5. Not even if it was free!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:

Forum List

Back