Muslim to Christian convert may be executed

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
Un-freakin'-real. More proof what Islam really is about...thought control.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/03/22/afghan.christian/index.html

That was supposed to change after U.S.-led forces ousted the oppressive, fundamentalist regime, but the case of 41-year-old Abdul Rahman has many Western nations wondering if Afghanistan is regressing.

Rahman, a father of two, was arrested and is on trial for rejecting Islam. The Afghan constitution, which is based on Sharia, or Islamic law, says that apostates can receive the death penalty.

"They want to sentence me to death, and I accept it," Rahman told reporters last week, "but I am not a deserter and not an infidel." (Watch how this case is testing Afghanistan -- 1:17)

He had been arrested after telling local police, whom he approached on an unrelated matter, that he had converted to Christianity. Reports say he was carrying a Bible at the time.

He said he converted to Christianity 16 years ago after working with a Christian aid group that assisted refugees in neighboring Pakistan.

It goes on to say the charges will probably be dropped due to the international pressure and outrage over this. What really pisses me off is that this is a LAW and could and probably would be enforced if the rest of the world wasn't keeping tabs on it.

Hawk you are just bigoted against the Religion of Peace. You dont understand that if this man converted from Islam that he is a sinner and must be sent to hell via other true muslim beleivers in order to maintain the peaceful existence that is Islam. :wtf:

theHawk said:
What really pisses me off is that this is a LAW and could and probably would be enforced if the rest of the world wasn't keeping tabs on it.

Muslims intend to force everyone into their religion, so absolutely this law will be enforced if they can find any way to do it without confrontation with the civilized world. Italy has threatened to withdraw its troops from Afghanistan in protest, and I can only wish that the U.S. would do the same, but we all know there is no way on earth that is going to happen.

Adam's Apple said:
Muslims intend to force everyone into their religion, so absolutely this law will be enforced if they can find any way to do it without confrontation with the civilized world. Italy has threatened to withdraw its troops from Afghanistan in protest, and I can only wish that the U.S. would do the same, but we all know there is no way on earth that is going to happen.

I'm hearing the guy might be spared by a plea of insanity. Whatever works I guess. :dunno:

dilloduck said:
I'm hearing the guy might be spared by a plea of insanity. Whatever works I guess. :dunno:

I have heard the insanity plea business as well, but I'm betting they will still require the guy to renounce his Christian faith in order for his life to be spared. Karzi is between a rock and a hard place on this one.

For those of you who are interested in this topic, Malkin's website had a lot of articles on different aspects of this story.

Who will save Abdul Rahman?
By Michelle Malkin
March 22, 2006

This is a watershed moment in the post-Sept. 11 world. The Taliban are out of power. And yet today, an innocent man sits in the jail of a "moderate" Muslim nation praying for his life because he owned a Bible and refuses to renounce his Christian faith. Rahman, who converted many years ago while working for a Christian aid agency in Germany, "is standing by his words," fellow jail inmate Saya Miakel told Canada's Globe and Mail.

As of Tuesday afternoon, left-wing Amnesty International had nothing to say about the case. But neither did President Bush, a man of faith and a Christian brother. During his extensive White House press conference on the War on Terror and the defense of freedom overseas, Bush spent plenty of time describing what life was like for Afghanis before Operation Enduring Freedom:

"There was no such thing as religious freedom. There was no such thing as being able to express yourself in the public square. There was no such thing as press conferences like this. They were totalitarian in their view. And that would be — I'm referring to the Taliban, of course. And that's how they would like to run government. They rule by intimidation and fear, by death and destruction. And the United States of America must take this threat seriously and must not — must never forget the natural rights that formed our country."

President Bush, who will defend Abdul Rahman's natural rights from being usurped and terminated by Afghanistan's Islamic executioners?

Tony Perkins at the Family Research Council raises the unpleasant question Bush evaded and no one in the White House press corps bothered to ask: "How can we congratulate ourselves for liberating Afghanistan from the rule of jihadists only to be ruled by Islamists who kill Christians?…President Bush should immediately send Vice President Cheney or Secretary Rice to Kabul to read Hamid Kharzai's government the riot act. Americans will not give their blood and treasure to prop up new Islamic fundamentalist regimes. Democracy is more than purple thumbs."

Afghanistan's president, Hamid Karzai, has ducked the issue so far. Our feckless State Department is "monitoring" the situation.

If we sit on the sidelines and watch this man "cut into little pieces" for his love of Christ, we do not deserve the legacy of liberty our Founding Fathers left us. How about offering Rahman asylum in the United States? Perhaps Yale University, proud sponsor of former Taliban official Sayed Rahmatullah Hashemi, can offer Rahman a scholarship. Where's the Catholic church, so quick to offer sanctuary to every last illegal alien streaming across the borders? And how about Hollywood, so quick to take up the cause of every last Death Row inmate?

Hello, anyone, hello?

for full article:
http://jewishworldreview.com/michelle/malkin032206.php3

Nuc said:
Good point!

Where are the holy trinity of Bush, Cheney and Karzai on this one?

:bangheads :piss2: :thewave:

Or better yet, where is the entire democratic party?

The war on terror is just a manipulation. right?

Bush made it very clear in his speech on Thursday that he was upset about this situation and it was being dealt with diplomatically. Why does everyone asssume that because they don't know everything that is going on that nothing is being done?????

Adam's Apple said:

The Afghanistan court system is going to claim he is insane...this way they can wiggle out of it!..So now I suppose everyone who is Christian is now, according to Islamic law, "Insane" :thanks:

Nuc said:
OOooooooh! That is so scathing you singed my pubic hair! I am suitably chastised! :trolls: :afro: :piss2: :usa: :tng: :spank3:

Actually you are. Really. what a stupid point.

rtwngAvngr said:
Actually you are. Really. what a stupid point.

RWA, you seem like a nice guy, well sorta. But you definitely have some anger management issues. Maybe you should talk to somebody or join a support group or something. :baby4: :baby4: :baby4:

Anger only ends up hurting the person who feels it. It can consume you.

Carpe Diem!

You mean to tell me that when Muslims are allowed to vote, they quite often vote for theocratic fundamentalist government?

Well I never!

Honestly, if you're going to invade with some high-minded notion of making a backwards country into a beacon of tolerance and secular enlightenment, then please just drop the democracy rhetoric. Letting these people vote is the last thing you want. You might as well be honest and let them know they are a conquered province who is going to be getting British-style top-down instructions in the ways of proper governance. Speaking of which, this reminds me of a story I read somewhere, about when the British first arrived in India.

British officer: I say good sir, what in the devil is going on over there?

Indian: Oh, that is a funeral. The widow is going to be burned on the funeral pyre for her dead husband. It is our tradition.

British officer: No, I don't think we'll be doing that.

Indian: But sir, in our culture, this is expected.

British officer: Oh...yes. Well, in my culture we hang chaps for doing this sort of thing.

Forum List

Back