Muslim Sues Abercrombie & Fitch soon to become millionaire!

Wolfmoon

U B U & I'll B Me 4 USA!
Jan 15, 2009
PROUD, USA
Muslim Woman Sues Abercrombie & Fitch Over Hijab

Picture of woman at link

June 27, 2011

S.F., CA. – Hani Khan, a 20 year old Muslim woman and college student studying political science is suing the clothing giant Abercrombie & Fitch for discrimination against her religion. Ms. Khan was working as a stockroom clerk and was terminated because she refused to remove her head scarf while working.

Ms. Khan was employed as a stockroom clerk and four months after she was hired a district, human resource manager asked her to stop wearing her hijab at work and she refused. She was first suspended then terminated for disobeying the company "look policy" which is a natural classic American style.

Ms. Khan maintains that she was told she could wear her head piece and believes her religious rights have been violated. Her attorney says, she is suing to change the company “look policy” and “for unspecified damages.”

“The lawsuit alleges violations of federal and state civil rights and employment laws.” The company has said it does not tolerate discrimination.

“Abercrombie has said, "We comply with the law regarding reasonable religious accommodation, and we will continue to do so," said Rocky Robbins, the company's general counsel. “We are confident that when this matter is tried, a jury will find that we have fully complied with the law."

Abercrombie & Fitch have been sued by two other Muslim women in the past. In 2009 a 17 year old Muslim woman sued and said she’d been rejected for employment because she was wearing a hijab. In 2008 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a lawsuit against the company for another Muslim woman stating the same reason.

So, if her style of dress is allowed, what's to say that native Americans (sic), Indians, don't come to work in full Indian garb? What's the difference?

I am sick of this shit.

Working is a personal choice of WHERE you work. I am sick of this shit of accommodating everyone. If you want to work...follow the guidelines of the job...and that includes dress code. If you cant do what is required for whatever fucking reason you think up....don't fucking apply for the job.

Its san francisco... of course she will win. That is unless i get on that jury.

I am sick of this shit.

Working is a personal choice of WHERE you work. I am sick of this shit of accommodating everyone. If you want to work...follow the guidelines of the job...and that includes dress code. If you cant do what is required for whatever fucking reason you think up....don't fucking apply for the job.

syrenn speaks lots of truth...

I am sick of this shit.

syrenn speaks lots of truth...

I can see it now... some muslim woman wants to work as a cocktail waitress in vegas...but doesn't want to wear the required uniform.

People really need to read the article.

She was hired with the headscarf on and had worked there for four months with no problems.

It wasn't until the district manager came and saw her wearing it and told her to take it off or be fired.

I would side with the company if she was hired with out it and then showed up to work with that on.

But she was hired with it on her head.

She was hired with the headscarf on and had worked there for four months with no problems.

It wasn't until the district manager came and saw her wearing it and told her to take it off or be fired.

I would side with the company if she was hired with out it and then showed up to work with that on.

She claimed she was told it was OK, but that doesn't make it true. There's two sides to the story and I'm sure both sides will come out.

I can't imagine work performance being any good by someone who’s constantly adjusting their head scarf all day long, they must also overheat and sweat a lot. I wonder if Body Odor was a problem seems like it would be.:terror:

That is totally retarded.

Abercrombie & Fitch stores are almost all inside of air conditioning malls.

And if you have ever been around a Muslim woman who wears the Hijab

You will see that they are hand pinned to their hair and do not slide around or need constant adjustment.

Last edited:
Muslim Woman Sues Abercrombie & Fitch Over Hijab

Picture of woman at link

June 27, 2011

S.F., CA. – Hani Khan, a 20 year old Muslim woman and college student studying political science is suing the clothing giant Abercrombie & Fitch for discrimination against her religion. Ms. Khan was working as a stockroom clerk and was terminated because she refused to remove her head scarf while working.

Ms. Khan was employed as a stockroom clerk and four months after she was hired a district, human resource manager asked her to stop wearing her hijab at work and she refused. She was first suspended then terminated for disobeying the company "look policy" which is a natural classic American style.

Ms. Khan maintains that she was told she could wear her head piece and believes her religious rights have been violated. Her attorney says, she is suing to change the company “look policy” and “for unspecified damages.”

“The lawsuit alleges violations of federal and state civil rights and employment laws.” The company has said it does not tolerate discrimination.

“Abercrombie has said, "We comply with the law regarding reasonable religious accommodation, and we will continue to do so," said Rocky Robbins, the company's general counsel. “We are confident that when this matter is tried, a jury will find that we have fully complied with the law."

Abercrombie & Fitch have been sued by two other Muslim women in the past. In 2009 a 17 year old Muslim woman sued and said she’d been rejected for employment because she was wearing a hijab. In 2008 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a lawsuit against the company for another Muslim woman stating the same reason.

Well it's clear to me A&F need to just stop hiring Muslim women.

A Muslim woman is suing Disneyland and Disneyland has decided to fight the case. It all boils down to the question is wearing a head scarf a vital part of Islamic religion? Is it required? Many women in the Middle East don't wear a head scarf.

26-Year-Old Anaheim Muslim Woman Fights Disneyland on Headscarf – Saturday’s Battle

What's ironic is they want their freedom of religion but don't want Americans to have their freedom of religion.

Last edited:
You come to America to become an American at least immigrants can do is try to fit in and learn the language. If you're employer wants you to wear a certain outfit like a cocktail dress or business suit or Disneyland costume to look a certain way. It is one of the job requirements. You don't wear your Burka over the outfit. If you can’t comply with the job requirements don’t take the job or face the consequences.

Americans have just about had enough of this nonsense.

Doesn’t matter:
The lawsuit alleges violations of federal and state civil rights and employment laws.

Which sounds like the complaint is alleging a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, or religion, among other factors.

This isn’t about failure to conform to a ‘dress code.’
I can't imagine work performance being any good by someone who’s constantly adjusting their head scarf all day long, they must also overheat and sweat a lot. I wonder if Body Odor was a problem seems like it would be.

Obviously you’ve never worked with an observant Muslim.
Well it's clear to me A&F need to just stop hiring Muslim women.

That would clearly be a violation of Title VII, two actually.
A Muslim woman is suing Disney and Disney has decided to fight the case. It all boils down to the question is wearing a head scarf a vital part of Islamic religion? Many women in the Middle East don't wear a head scarf.

Irrelevant.

Employers are not authorities as to how an employee practices his religion.
What's ironic is they want their freedom of religion but don't want Americans to have their freedom of religion.
What religion are Muslims not allowing to be practiced?

There are Americans who are Muslim.

You come to America to become an American at least immigrants can do is try to fit in and learn the language. If you're employer wants you to wear a certain outfit like a cocktail dress or business suit or Disneyland costume to look a certain way. It is one of the job requirements. You don't wear your Burka over the outfit. If you can’t comply with the job requirements don’t take the job or face the consequences.

Americans have just about had enough of this nonsense.

You are a freaking idiot.

Where does it say she could not speak the language?

And exactly where has a muslim woman wanted to wear a burqa over her stores uniform??

Wearing a head scarf is a form of Jihad. Jihad is not only carrying a sword & riding a horse, Jihad is spending efforts in the way of satisfying God, by wearing a Scarf. This is about Jihad in the way of God. In the Koran under, "inna ba3da l 3usri yusra"

She was also hired with an intact dress code. I guess it took 4 months for someone to have the balls to call he one it.

A Muslim woman is suing Disneyland and Disneyland has decided to fight the case. It all boils down to the question is wearing a head scarf a vital part of Islamic religion? Is it required? Many women in the Middle East don't wear a head scarf.

26-Year-Old Anaheim Muslim Woman Fights Disneyland on Headscarf – Saturday’s Battle

They want the freedom to sue for damages.

Forum List

Back