Muslim response to London terror attacks

Gabriella84 said:
That was all about the Palestinians, where even what they said was 'all about us' not about the deaths of the Britons:
"We disagree with Britain on many issues, but we believe that the terrorist attacks in London were a big mistake," said Ayman Asfour, 22, a university student from Nablus. "Such attacks cause a lot of damage to Arabs and Muslims."

Ahmed Abu Shusheh, 50, owner of a furniture shop in Ramallah, expressed fear that the London attacks would harm Palestinians. "I'm afraid that many people in Britain will now look at the Palestinian struggle against Israeli occupation as another form of terrorism," he said. "I'm afraid that our enemies will now exploit these attacks to mobilize public opinion in Europe against the Palestinian struggle. This is also bad for Arabs and Muslims living in Europe."
OIC, not exactly a 'group' that has Western civilians at heart: http://www.aei.org/publications/pubID.21419,filter.all/pub_detail.asp
With the Organization of the Islamic Conference defending any act committed on behalf of "national liberation," the United Nations cannot even issue an unequivocal condemnation of terrorism, let alone join the struggle to eliminate it.

This month, the United Nations Security Council voted to condemn terrorism. The resolution was introduced by Russia, still grieving over the terrorist attack on a school in Beslan, and perhaps the unanimous vote will give it a measure of solace. But the convoluted text and the dealings behind the scenes that were necessary to secure agreement on it offer cold comfort to anyone who cares about winning the war against terrorism. For what they reveal is that even after Beslan and after Madrid and after 9/11, the UN still cannot bring itself to oppose terrorism unequivocally.

Terrorism As a Right

The reason for this failure is that the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), which comprises fifty-six of the UN's 191 members, defends terrorism as a right.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...08,0,6057080.story?coll=ny-region-apnewjersey
Again, you are mixing up 'empathy' with self interest:
"The main targets of these vile and cowardly acts are innocent civilians," said Aref Assaf, president of the Paterson-based Arab American Forum. "Our condemnations are universal and unequivocal.

"We call on members of the Arab and Muslim community to be especially careful about their surroundings, places of worship and employment, as they may be subject to hate crimes consistent with experiences after such horrific attacks," he said.

Assaf also urged people to refrain from blaming the entire Arab and Muslim community for the attacks.

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=9140
I am unsure what to make of this at the very beginning :wtf:

Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid-Reza Asefi said that such attacks are an "inappropriate method" that doesn’t serve any goal.
http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/29910.html[/QUOTE]
Gabby you need to read what you are posting. This is a repeat of the 2nd link, ie an AP story.

Kathy..

You're expecting her to actually show any sign of intelligence.... You can't really blame her, however, she's surrounded by a bunch of tie-dyed t-shirt, pot-smokin', berkinstock-wearin' throwbacks there in San Francisco....

She's a victim of her surroundings and has never been taught the concept of crictical thinking...

-Cp said:
Kathy..

You're expecting her to actually show any sign of intelligence.... You can't really blame her, however, she's surrounded by a bunch of tie-dyed t-shirt, pot-smokin', berkinstock-wearin' throwbacks there in San Francisco....

She's a victim of her surroundings and has never been taught the concept of crictical thinking...

I know. She didn't even have the nerve to post it on the other thread where it belonged. :rolleyes:

Kathianne said:
I know. She didn't even have the nerve to post it on the other thread where it belonged. :rolleyes:

The sad part is how under her nick it says "The Future of America" - if she were my daughter she would've never turned out so screwed up...

It's unfortunate that she's so ill-informed to think that her ideals are the Future of America....

-Cp said:
The sad part is how under her nick it says "The Future of America" - if she were my daughter she would've never turned out so screwed up...

It's unfortunate that she's so ill-informed to think that her ideals are the Future of America....

Ah having watched kids from good homes go stupid and vice versa, don't curse the future! :laugh:

"We disagree with Britain on many issues, but we believe that the terrorist attacks in London were a big mistake," said Ayman Asfour, 22, a university student from Nablus. "Such attacks cause a lot of damage to Arabs and Muslims."
It is unbelievable to me that anyone could possibly read this as anything close to "sympathy".

were a big mistake
No, I would say the attacks were pre-mediated, wouldn't you? It wasn't like the bombs were being transported to a construction site and blew up en-route. That would be a big mistake.

Such attacks cause a lot of damage to Arabs and Muslims
The sympathy oozing from this statement for the deceased is touching. A more accurate statement would be that such attacks directly caused an infinite more amount of damage to hundreds of non arabs and muslims and indirectly damaged millions of non arabs and muslims around the world. I would say the damage to arabs and muslims was minimal at best.

Wow, you are a REAL piece of work!! You remain stuck in the 60s, while the rest of have moved into the 21st Century. Take your head out of your ass and attempt to move into the modern era.

if she were my daughter she would've never turned out so screwed up...

So tell me about your kids. Are they perfect? Do they have college degrees and jobs? Have they every been arrested? Any teen pregnancy?
If I was your daughter, no doubt I would be a LOT more fucked up than I am now.

Gabby admitted she was "fucked up"...now that is a start in the right direction!

archangel said:
Gabby admitted she was "fucked up"...now that is a start in the right direction!

Yep, I admit to be a bit fucked up. Not as fucked up as your kids, but still a bit screwy.

Gabriella84 said:
Yep, I admit to be a bit fucked up. Not as fucked up as your kids, but still a bit screwy.
You don't know his kids so how do you know if they are "fucked up" or not? See, you lack any coherant cognitive skills, so you resort to making claims you know nothing about. Your posts give us an inference of your state of mind so we can draw logical conclusions. You cannot draw a single conclusion about his children based on his posts. For all you know, they are NOTHING like him or exactly like him... the thing is, you DON'T know.

You don't know me either. And if he can draw inferences about me from my posts, I can draw inferences from his posts. If he is not a responsible poster, why would he be a responsible parents? The acorn doesn't drop far from the tree.

freeandfun1 said:
You don't know his kids so how do you know if they are "fucked up" or not? See, you lack any coherant cognitive skills, so you resort to making claims you know nothing about. Your posts give us an inference of your state of mind so we can draw logical conclusions. You cannot draw a single conclusion about his children based on his posts. For all you know, they are NOTHING like him or exactly like him... the thing is, you DON'T know.

I can clarify that...they are for the most part very conservative just like me...educated and well rounded...never arrested or used drugs...damn they even get on old dad and g/pa for smoking occassionally and having more than a beer or two...gotta love em! I feel no bad for gabbys comment...she is the one who admitted to being "fucked up"...just her way of releasing her anger at herself! :crutch:

Gabriella84 said:
You don't know me either. And if he can draw inferences about me from my posts, I can draw inferences from his posts. If he is not a responsible poster, why would he be a responsible parents? The acorn doesn't drop far from the tree.
You can draw inferences about HIM, but not his CHILDREN. What is so hard about that to comprehend???

Secondly, if the acorn doesn't fall far as you say, then your folks must really be some fucked up individuals because dear, you surely are. You put material things before anything else and I feel for any child that is taught to be that way. You either need a lot of maturing to do, or you just come from a long line of fucked up individuals. And education alone does not determine one's mental stability or capabilities so don't resort to your, "my mommy and daddy went to college" crap cuz it doesn't mean SQUAT.

Gabriella84 said:

Explain how I am not a responsible poster and how you assume you are so much better than the rest...after all you take hits when you make rediculous statements and embarrass yourself to the end degree...I admitt I have attacked you on a level unbecomming a officer and gentlemen...however you do not know when to stop...and it becomes hard to contain oneself...your turn missy! :usa:

Forum List

Back