Muslim On Southwest Flight: You're All Going To Die! Allahu Akhbar!

I am quite happy with that and will refer you to my earlier post (80) where I said ;)

No I don't see him as a philosopher at all. I think it is too early to know whether he really did say that or people were frightened and imagined it. I see him as someone having a hissy fit and am simply giving a speculation on what someone having a tantrum could be thinking if indeed he did say that. The clue I suspect will be in what the conversation he was having with the person next to him was about.

Doesn't matter to me. What was done matters, not where he brought himself to that point. Over-emotional behavior as such is a prime indicator of character deficiencies and I'm not going to go into the genetic medical proofs, but that won't change the act of terrorizing others if indeed the information shows he actually yelled out those words.

I will just wait.

People scare people all the time. As I told you people have been removed from UK planes for causing similar difficulties but we do not call them terrorists.

My point was, I believe that what began his strop will clarify the situation. If you believe on putting people with mental health problems into the same category as terrorists then god help the world. In the meantime I understood we agreed to wait for more news. We have already found the situation has changed clarifying that he did not try to get into the cockpit ..but hey, people with mental health problems or anyone who frightens anyone else is a terrorist now it would appear - or is that just if they are Muslims and the country is the USA?

Are you seriously trying to say yelling "ALLAHU AKBAR" on a airplane is a good idea these days? why are you lobbying so hard for this guy? what he did was stupid and dangerous I don't care if he was mentally ill or not.

Doesn't matter to me. What was done matters, not where he brought himself to that point. Over-emotional behavior as such is a prime indicator of character deficiencies and I'm not going to go into the genetic medical proofs, but that won't change the act of terrorizing others if indeed the information shows he actually yelled out those words.

I will just wait.

People scare people all the time. As I told you people have been removed from UK planes for causing similar difficulties but we do not call them terrorists.

My point was, I believe that what began his strop will clarify the situation. If you believe on putting people with mental health problems into the same category as terrorists then god help the world. In the meantime I understood we agreed to wait for more news. We have already found the situation has changed clarifying that he did not try to get into the cockpit ..but hey, people with mental health problems or anyone who frightens anyone else is a terrorist now it would appear - or is that just if they are Muslims and the country is the USA?

Are you seriously trying to say yelling "ALLAHU AKBAR" on a airplane is a good idea these days?

Where did I say that. Rather I said we do not know whether he said this. Already we have seen that misinformation was given saying that he had tried to break into the cockpit when that was not so. Further we can see that this airline has already thrown someone off the blame for what they wrongly believed they were saying. Taking the rest of the information into account the evidence points to him suffering mental illness. Him saying this does not fit in with the rest of his behaviour.

Are you trying to tell me all of the US speak whatever language this is and so would know what he said if indeed he did say it which is a big if.

why are you lobbying so hard for this guy? what he did was stupid and dangerous I don't care if he was mentally ill or not.

I think you will find you have made more posts than me ;)

Regarding his behaviour, there is a big difference between probably having a mental illness - in which case the person has diminished responsibility and being a terrorist or would be terrorist. I am old fashioned. I don't like lynchings. I don't like kangaroo courts and I don't like racial/religious stereotypes/prejudice. People have been choosing to see this as a terrorist act when the evidence is against. It isn't even being covered by the main news.

Are you seriously trying to say yelling "ALLAHU AKBAR" on a airplane is a good idea these days?

Where did I say that. Rather I said we do not know whether he said this. Already we have seen that misinformation was given saying that he had tried to break into the cockpit when that was not so. Further we can see that this airline has already thrown someone off the blame for what they wrongly believed they were saying. Taking the rest of the information into account the evidence points to him suffering mental illness. Him saying this does not fit in with the rest of his behaviour.

Are you trying to tell me all of the US speak whatever language this is and so would know what he said if indeed he did say it which is a big if.

why are you lobbying so hard for this guy? what he did was stupid and dangerous I don't care if he was mentally ill or not.

Regarding his behaviour, there is a big difference between probably having a mental illness - in which case the person has diminished responsibility and being a terrorist or would be terrorist. I am old fashioned. I don't like lynchings. I don't like kangaroo courts and I don't like racial/religious stereotypes/prejudice. People have been choosing to see this as a terrorist act when the evidence is against. It isn't even being covered by the main news.

I really don't know what to tell you, Islamic terrorism is a big issue in the world we live in and people are on the look out for it, so maybe Muslims shouldn't be yelling allahu akbar on a plane and threatening to kill the passengers? just a thought.

I really don't know what to tell you, Islamic terrorism is a big issue in the world we live in and people are on the look out for it, so maybe Muslims shouldn't be yelling allahu akbar on a plane and trying to kill people? just a thought.

That is no excuse for calling things terrorism when it is not.

Edit: sorry it went off by mistake. I have fully answered what you are saying several times. You can bring a horse to water as they say.......

Last edited:

I really don't know what to tell you, Islamic terrorism is a big issue in the world we live in and people are on the look out for it, so maybe Muslims shouldn't be yelling allahu akbar on a plane and trying to kill people? just a thought.

Edit: sorry it went off by mistake. I have fully answered what you are saying several times. You can bring a horse to water as they say.......

You don't have to physically hurt someone to terrorize them, trust me when I say that.

P.S do you not think if there was anything to this story it would have been picked up by the mainstream press?

You don't have to physically hurt someone to terrorize them, trust me when I say that.

I believe the term is ... terrorist threats.

Exactly, trust me there are plenty of ways to terrorize someone without putting a hand on them.

Exactly, trust me there are plenty of ways to terrorize someone without putting a hand on them.

Although the exact definition varies from state to state, generally one makes a terrorist threat if one threatens to commit a violent crime for the purpose of terrorizing another or of causing public panic. Some states laws are very narrow, meaning the threat must be very specific and direct, while other states adapt a looser approach, allowing even negligently made threats to be prosecutable.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/making-a-terrorist-threat.html

Although the exact definition varies from state to state, generally one makes a terrorist threat if one threatens to commit a violent crime for the purpose of terrorizing another or of causing public panic. Some states laws are very narrow, meaning the threat must be very specific and direct, while other states adapt a looser approach, allowing even negligently made threats to be prosecutable.

Making a Terrorist Threat Lawyers | LegalMatch Law Library

You nailed it, and like I told Alexa I don't care if he is mentally ill or not, to me most terrorists are mentally ill anyways.

Making a Terrorist Threat Lawyers | LegalMatch Law Library

You nailed it, and like I told Alexa I don't care if he is mentally ill or not, to me most terrorists are mentally ill anyways.

Yep, and in a situation like that on a plane.... you do anything like that in front of me, i will do everything in my power to take them down....

Yep, and in a situation like that on a plane.... you do anything like that in front of me, i will do everything in my power to take them down....

No doubt after 9/11 alot of Americans are the same way, we are not going to stand there idly by while these jack asses try and do their terrorist bullshit anymore.

Why Syrrenn do you believe that that is the appropriate term to use when the people who arrested him said that it was not about terrorism and that it looked like he had a mental illness.

This story is only being covered by Atlas Shrugs and the other link that Ropey gave which was the one which said it was not terrorism or a terrorist threat if you prefer, he did not try to get into the cockpit and he seemed to have become upset showing signs of a mental illness.

No one else is covering this. Is a terrorist threat so common in the US that none of your papers or news is interested in it ? Far more likely the reason for the lack of coverage is because it was simply as the police said, an incident with a man who was suffering a mental illness. The lack of coverage doubtless is the reason for not retracting that he had shouted ......

Why when all the evidence particularly the police say it had nothing to do with terrorism do you continue to argue that it was connected to terrorism?

Why Syrrenn do you believe that that is the appropriate term to use when the people who arrested him said that it was not about terrorism and that it looked like he had a mental illness.

This story is only being covered by Atlas Shrugs and the other link that Ropey gave which was the one which said it was not terrorism or a terrorist threat if you prefer, he did not try to get into the cockpit and he seemed to have become upset showing signs of a mental illness.

No one else is covering this. Is a terrorist threat so common in the US that none of your papers or news is interested in it ? Far more likely the reason for the lack of coverage is because it was simply as the police said, an incident with a man who was suffering a mental illness. The lack of coverage doubtless is the reason for not retracting that he had shouted ......

Why when all the evidence particularly the police say it had nothing to do with terrorism do you continue to argue that it was connected to terrorism?

If you yell allahu akbar on a plane and say you want all the passengers to die, you are committing a terrorist act in the eyes of most people no matter what, and I don't care if he is mentally ill or not that is irrelevant.

See, i don't give a rats ass what your problem is... i am taking you down and securing your ass..... they can figure out what your problems are on the ground. Sorta a better safe then sorry thing.

And FYI... ya don't need to get into the cockpit to take or try to take a plain down.

See, i don't give a rats ass what your problem is... i am taking you down and securing your ass..... they can figure out what your problems are on the ground. Sorta a better safe then sorry thing.

And FYI... ya don't need to get into the cockpit to take or try to take a plain down.

Exactly, whether or not he tried to get into the cockpit is irrelevant, if this idiot yelled allahu akbar and threatened passengers he needs to be taken down.

Disruptive flight passenger indicted, rants in Amarillo courtroom | Amarillo Globe-News

Before a court hearing in Amarillo on Thursday, Shahsavari gave a breathless rant about his immortality.

“Welcome to your salvation,” he said. “You can’t be harmed in this room. I saved your life.”

After reading a copy of the indictment, Shahsavari asked, “How is this a crime of violence?”

Shahsavari’s attorney, Jeff Blackburn, said his sister, who was in the courtroom Thursday, was taking him to Florida to get help for his schizophrenia.

He sounds more like a nut than a terrorist. And the information that he doesn't speak English appears to also be wrong.

Much ado about nada.

Forum List

Back