Muslim On Southwest Flight: You're All Going To Die! Allahu Akhbar!

Where were the air marshalls?

Obviously not keeping him out of the bathroom alone!

Attendants attempted to calm Shahsauri and then he went to the bathroom at the rear of plane and began making a commotion, Oerding said.

Man on Southwest flight allegedly tries to break into cockpit - latimes.com

I can't believe they didn't keep him where they could watch him. That flight crew needs a good tongue lashing!

That would not be politically correct.

(Shouted while trying to break into the cockpit, of course. No terrorism involved! The system worked! Dontcha just love Janet Napolitano "The greatest threat to America's homeland security, today, is the returning Iraq War Veteran". Then Alice vanishes down the rabbit hole. Just go ask her!)

"Here is more on that story I posted yesterday on the Muslim who tried to bust into the cockpit of a Southwest flight:.

Cue the CAIR caterwauls decrying "islamophobic" reactions and demanding prosecution of "islamophobes." But I get cancelled in Texas for discussing this very thing. That's how far down the rabbit hole America has gone.

Meanwhile, FBI special agent Mark White in Dallas said, "The FBI continues to investigate but initial indications are that there was no terrorist intent." Yes, he really said that.

Passenger: 'You're all going to die' Amarillo.com

Southwest flight makes emergency landing

Somewhere in the heavens above Amarillo, angry shouts rang out from the back of Southwest Airlines Flight 3683.

“You’re all going to die,” a man dressed in black screamed at passengers Tuesday afternoon. “You’re all going to hell. Allahu Akbar,” translated as God is great[er] in Arabic.

Federal authorities arrested Ali Reza Shahsavari, 29, of Indialantic, Fla., onboard the Boeing 737 after pilots made an emergency landing at Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport at 3:30 p.m. He is being held in the Randall County jail on a federal charge of interfering with a flight crew.

None of the 136 passengers and five crew members on the flight from Los Angeles to Kansas City was hurt, said Brad Hawkins, spokesman for Dallas-based Southwest."

US Muslim on Southwest flight:

Cool. No one was hurt by one insane 'Muslim'; same cannot be said when one insane 'Christian' walked into a church and shot to death a doctor.
The real question to be answered is, what is it a religion which causes so much hate and fear and violence?

True when the IRA said it was going to be planting bombs in the underground that was sufficient to get it shut down and for people to be afraid of using this. However, in this instance the man only said what is true 'you are all going to die' and their are hints in the other links that he is demented.

Yes, it would frighten people particularly with him being a Muslim and the fear of Islam Terrorism.

However there is no evidence that he even said this pretending he was a terrorist. White people are not the only people to suffer from mental problems and from the information given that is what this was.

Atlas Shrugs though as usually decided to use this as a vehicle to stir up more fear and hatred of Muslims. That is deliberately agitating to create trouble.

And the act on the plane wasn't alexa? Causality is proven by the resultant outcome and not the initiating event.

Passenger: 'You're all going to die' | Amarillo Globe-News

Regarding Atlas Shrugged. Look to my link above please. That's my only link on this page.

From your link Ropey
Police said the incident began with Shahsavari arguing with another passenger. The flight crew separated the men, said Amarillo police Cpl. Jerry Neufeld.

Shahsavari went into a bathroom and yelled obscenities from the rear of the plane, said passenger Doug Oerding, of Sacramento, Calif. Attendants tried to calm Shahsavari before a female flight attendant finally succeeded in quieting him. Oerding said.

-snip-

“He was being disruptive and unruly on the flight, but he was not specifically trying to break into the cockpit,” Rhodes said.

When the plane reached a gate at the airport, police boarded it and arrested Shahsavari without incident, Neufeld said.

“He was waiting at the door when we went in,” Neufeld said. “He cooperated with officers.”

I don't deny passengers were frightened. I just think it is wrong to suggest this was an attempt at terrorism when there is no evidence for that and more evidence that he freaked out over some argument, hence showing mental instability.

I haven't found your link to Atlas Shrugs yet. I wasn't having a go at you. The OP left a link. My belief is that to turn what appears to be some Iranian having a hissy into terrorism is creating unnecessary and unreal drama. I do not see any evidence to support this. I clearly accept that passengers would be frightened and I would have been hiding under my seat but I believe the reason for it was because he was for some reason temporary demented - not because he was a Muslim or a terrorist. If later evidence proves me wrong then so be it but at the moment there is no evidence of this so why act as if that is the situation.

This is a forum where we discuss events. We are allowed to extend in discussion...

Sunni Man creates posts here calling to remove every Jew in the world so as to move them en masse, world wide to an island to be held there by force of arms.

^ So, that being said, you may understand this Jews readiness to attach his own personal view to these events.

However there is no evidence that he even said this pretending he was a terrorist.

Sure there is. You just are as unwilling to see that as you are unwilling to see that; "You Are All Going To Die"... being yelled on a plane by a Muslim is NOT a philosophical statement! :doubt:

However, in this instance the man only said what is true 'you are all going to die' and their are hints in the other links that he is demented.

:doubt:

You say that when he says everyone is going to die that he is saying it as if it was a philosophical statement. Not as a Muslim (Yes, go figure) person doing it on a plane to anger and scare people and use the fact that he was Muslim to do so?

I see no philosopher on that plane in that moment alexa and for you to go there is telling to your willingness to soften it. :doubt:

Alexa? I would post some proof of what you believe as there's enough proof for others to decry it without proof imo.

If he said Allahu Akbar he probably is.
:eusa_eh:

You just said it.

:eek:

lib-head-explode.jpg

OMG you di'nt!!! :eek:

Well technically I typed it, so in a way almost all of us are Muslims on USMB because most of us have typed Allahu Akbar at 1 time or another:razz: see you at prayer call Ropey.:lol:

Just a bit of sarcasm :)

And the act on the plane wasn't alexa? Causality is proven by the resultant outcome and not the initiating event.

Passenger: 'You're all going to die' | Amarillo Globe-News

Regarding Atlas Shrugged. Look to my link above please. That's my only link on this page.

From your link Ropey

I don't deny passengers were frightened. I just think it is wrong to suggest this was an attempt at terrorism when there is no evidence for that and more evidence that he freaked out over some argument, hence showing mental instability.

I haven't found your link to Atlas Shrugs yet. I wasn't having a go at you. The OP left a link. My belief is that to turn what appears to be some Iranian having a hissy into terrorism is creating unnecessary and unreal drama. I do not see any evidence to support this. I clearly accept that passengers would be frightened and I would have been hiding under my seat but I believe the reason for it was because he was for some reason temporary demented - not because he was a Muslim or a terrorist. If later evidence proves me wrong then so be it but at the moment there is no evidence of this so why act as if that is the situation.

This is a forum where we discuss events. We are allowed to extend in discussion...

Of course but why keep arguing black is white. Your link says

FBI Special Agent Mark White, based in Dallas, said the event did not appear to be an act of terrorism. He described Shahsavari as a U.S. citizen who might have experienced an episode of mental illness.

“It sounded like he sort of lost control of himself,” White said.

Sunni Man creates posts here calling to remove every Jew in the world so as to move them en masse, world wide to an island to be held there by force of arms.

^ So, that being said, you may understand this Jews readiness to attach his own personal view to these events.

Is Sunni all Muslims? Is JStone all Jews (if indeed he is a Jew)

However there is no evidence that he even said this pretending he was a terrorist.

Sure there is. You just are as unwilling to see that as you are unwilling to see that; "You Are All Going To Die"... being yelled on a plane by a Muslim is NOT a philosophical statement! :doubt:

He got angry and he shouted obscenities and he as your link says appears to have a mental illness. You are holding onto a quote which may not even be true and which has no context. He sounds drunk to me but I guess being mentally ill could be similar.

However, in this instance the man only said what is true 'you are all going to die' and their are hints in the other links that he is demented.

You say that when he says everyone is going to die that he is saying it as if it was a philosophical statement. Not as a Muslim (Yes, go figure) person doing it on a plane to anger and scare people and use the fact that he was Muslim to do so?

For all I know it might have been. He was throwing a fit. Maybe the person on the chair next to him suggested the US was going to bomb Iran and he went into a fit and at some time within that fit he said that everyone was going to die and go to hell. The fact that he believed the people when they eventually died would be going to hell being his satisfaction. Who knows. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest he was wanting to be involved in any kind of terrorism from your link except you are using your imagination on a quote which may not even be accurate.

I see no philosopher on that plane in that moment alexa and for you to go there is telling to your willingness to soften it. :doubt:

Alexa? I would post some proof of what you believe as there's enough proof for others to decry it without proof imo.

No, there is not enough proof for anyone to say it but a quote which may or not be accurate alone which allows people who want to speculate that that is what it is, is what it is. On the complete information given however, he is probably suffering a mental illness, threw a fit, went into the toilet, shouted obscenities, wandered about the plane shouting his obscenities but did not try to get into the cockpit and was eventually calmed down by a female flight attendant. You are not going to find a would be terrorists subdued by a female flight attendants but you might well find someone who is mentally ill so subdued.

We have had similar issues with drunks on our flights. The flight has had to land and they have been removed.

Your link already points out that the earlier information that he had tried to break into the cockpit was wrong. Now when people thought that was the case they would have had reason to question but despite you now having fuller information indicating that he had a hissy and is likely suffering mental illness, you hold on to the idea that he was a terrorist against all the available evidence.

Last edited:

For all I know it might have been. He was throwing a fit. Maybe the person on the chair next to him suggested the US was going to bomb Iran and he went into a fit and at some time within that fit he said that everyone was going to die and go to hell. The fact that he believed the people when they eventually died would be going to hell being his satisfaction. Who knows. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest he was wanting to be involved in any kind of terrorism from your link except you are using your imagination on a quote which may not even be accurate.

No, there is not enough proof for anyone to say it but a quote which may or not be accurate alone which allows people who want to speculate that that is what it is, is what it is. On the complete information given however, he is probably suffering a mental illness, threw a fit, went into the toilet, shouted obscenities, wandered about the plane shouting his obscenities but did not try to get into the cockpit and was eventually calmed down by a female flight attendant. You are not going to find a would be terrorists subdued by a female flight attendant but you might well find someone who is mentally ill so subdued.

We have had similar issues with drunks on our flights. The flight has had to land and they have been removed.

Your link already points out that the earlier information that he had tried to break into the cockpit was wrong. Now when people thought that was the case they would have had reason to question but despite you now having fuller information indicating that he had a hissy and is likely suffering mental illness, you hold on to the idea that he was a terrorist against all the available evidence.

I will wait a few days to answer you as I would like to see both of our responses when more information comes out. At this moment, we have both said our piece and now is the time for the offices of the US law to collate the data into information for actionable charges.

You see a philosopher there. I see a person attempting to scare others with terrorist speech and that's enough for me to stare closely at your 'possible' philosopher. :)

Last edited:
It shouldn't take a genius to figure out that in this day and age a Muslim yelling Allahu Akbar on a plane is probably not a good idea.

No, there is not enough proof for anyone to say it but a quote which may or not be accurate alone which allows people who want to speculate that that is what it is, is what it is. On the complete information given however, he is probably suffering a mental illness, threw a fit, went into the toilet, shouted obscenities, wandered about the plane shouting his obscenities but did not try to get into the cockpit and was eventually calmed down by a female flight attendant. You are not going to find a would be terrorists subdued by a female flight attendant but you might well find someone who is mentally ill so subdued.

I will wait a few days to answer you as I would like to see both of our responses when more information comes out. At this moment, we have both said our piece and now is the time for the offices of the US law to collate the data into information for actionable charges.

I am quite happy with that and will refer you to my earlier post (80) where I said ;)
If later evidence proves me wrong then so be it but at the moment there is no evidence of this so why act as if that is the situation.

You see a philosopher there. I see a person attempting to scare others with terrorist speech and that's enough for me to stare closely at your 'possible' philosopher. :)

No I don't see him as a philosopher at all. I think it is too early to know whether he really did say that or people were frightened and imagined it. I see him as someone having a hissy fit and am simply giving a speculation on what someone having a tantrum could be thinking if indeed he did say that. The clue I suspect will be in what the conversation he was having with the person next to him was about.

I am quite happy with that and will refer you to my earlier post (80) where I said ;)
If later evidence proves me wrong then so be it but at the moment there is no evidence of this so why act as if that is the situation.

No I don't see him as a philosopher at all. I think it is too early to know whether he really did say that or people were frightened and imagined it. I see him as someone having a hissy fit and am simply giving a speculation on what someone having a tantrum could be thinking if indeed he did say that. The clue I suspect will be in what the conversation he was having with the person next to him was about.

Doesn't matter to me. What was done matters, not where he brought himself to that point. Over-emotional behavior as such is a prime indicator of character deficiencies and I'm not going to go into the genetic medical proofs, but that won't change the act of terrorizing others if indeed the information shows he actually yelled out those words.

I will just wait.

Apparently he didn't say that.

He did or said something.... they landed the plain.

What i said stands.... IF he did say that.... and anywhere close to me.... his a dead man or will be damn close to if once i was finished.
That's fine, I'm just saying that there is no claim that he said that. The reports said he was cursing. Maybe he just sneezed, that kind of sounds like allah Akbar, :lol:

That's fine.... a little concussion never hurt anyone. I would prefer to have a subdued nut case with a very bad headache then take the chance that its a live terrorist with an agenda.

All i can tell you is what my reactions would be to a situation like that.

Good. A terrorist stopped.

No mention of air marshals, though. Doesn't their budget include paying for air marshals on flights?

How often do you fly Si? They are not on every flight. You can spot them easily and must check in at the podium and board about 20 mins before the rest of the plane.

Doesn't matter to me. What was done matters, not where he brought himself to that point. Over-emotional behavior as such is a prime indicator of character deficiencies and I'm not going to go into the genetic medical proofs, but that won't change the act of terrorizing others if indeed the information shows he actually yelled out those words.

I will just wait.

People scare people all the time. As I told you people have been removed from UK planes for causing similar difficulties but we do not call them terrorists.

My point was, I believe that what began his strop will clarify the situation. If you believe on putting people with mental health problems into the same category as terrorists then god help the world. In the meantime I understood we agreed to wait for more news. We have already found the situation has changed clarifying that he did not try to get into the cockpit ..but hey, people with mental health problems or anyone who frightens anyone else is a terrorist now it would appear - or is that just if they are Muslims and the country is the USA?

Forum List

Back