Muslim Journalist Challenges Sharia, Gets Accused of ‘Hate’

Buford

Rookie
May 15, 2012
In a house
I'm not sure where to put this, so please let me know where it belongs. Thanks.

I think this woman hit the nail on the head. Criticizing Islam doesn't fuel hate and make Islam look bad. Actions by muslims fuels the hate and makes Islam look bad.

If the mainstream media narrative about “extremists” making up only a tiny minority of Muslims, the vast majority of which are “moderate,” were true, Eltahawy’s article should have won applause from Muslim spokesmen in the U.S., and particularly Muslim women. But instead, Harvard professor Leila Ahmed confronted Eltahawy on MSNBC:

Mona, I appreciate what you do. I would love it if — I understand if you want to get your message across. It’s an important message. But if possible [you should not] give fuel, fodder to people who simply hate Arabs and Muslims in this climate of our day.

Eltahawy appeared surprised to be accused of fueling hate — the same accusation that jihadists and Islamic supremacists have leveled against counter-jihadists for years. And she answered it in exactly the same way counter-jihadists have innumerable times:

That’s the whole point. It’s not me that makes Muslims look bad. It’s those atrocities that make Muslims look bad. And as a writer, it’s my job to poke the painful places.

PJ Media » Muslim Journalist Challenges Sharia, Gets Accused of ‘Hate’

Forum List

Back