Muslim Girl takes her burka off on YouTube

Well, friends, it appears that Sunni cannot or will not respond to my inquiry. A mere 2 minute video segment .... hmmm ...

Remember that.

I'm referring to min. 3 thru 5 of the video link I posted especially for Sunni. He won't answer. Cannot. Gotcha.
Listen nitwit........I am not at your beck and call.

Besides, your video has zero to do with the subject of the OP on this thread.

Start a new thread with your video and question and maybe I will participate. :cool:

Actually, it's interesting to see the reaction of some senior muslims regarding the law in France:

Majority of French Muslims oppose the wearing of the full veil in France

France is home to the largest Muslim community in Europe, approximately 5 million people. There are 2368 mosques and prayer rooms and two grand mosques are currently being built. There are in France elected institutions representing the Muslim faith. They work hard for a successful integration of the Muslim community in the French society. Yet, their position on the burqa and the niqab is often not known. In fact, they stand against the wearing of the full veil. Why? Because they don’t recognize it as part of Islam. For instance, Mr. Mohammed Moussaoui, Chairman of the French Council of Muslim Faith said before the National Assembly commission: “the Council considers that the wearing of the burqa is not a religious prescription. It is an extreme practice that we don’t want to see growing on the national soil. We have also said that it (the burqa) prevents women from having a normal social life.”
“ it is therefore obvious that the burqa (…) is today wrongly presented as an Islamic tradition.”

Dr. Dalil Boubakeur, Imam of the Grand Mosque of Paris
This issue of the burqa or niqab is cultural, it is not a religious matter. The majority of the French Muslims see the hijab (even though not all of the women wear it) as part of their religion, not the full veil. Therefore, the French Parliament retains the right to ban a cultural practice that is regarded as not compatible with our socio-cultural norms. For example, polygamy is banned in France.
The burqa debate in France - La France au Pakistan - Ambassade de France au Pakistan

CAIRO — A leading cleric at Egypt's prestigious Al-Azhar Mosque on Wednesday applauded France's ban on the face veil worn by some devout Muslim women, saying the niqab harmed Islam's image.

Abdel Muti al-Bayyumi, a member of an influential council of clerics at al-Azhar, said the niqab, a full-face veil that leaves an opening for the eyes, "has no basis in Islamic law and there is nothing in the Koran or Sunna that supports it."

"I personally support (the ban) and many of my brothers in the Islamic Research Academy support it. My position against the niqab is actually older than France's," said Bayyumi, who has authored a book against the practice.

"I want to send a message to Muslims in France and Europe. The niqab has no basis in Islam. I used to feel dismayed when I saw some of the sisters (in France) wearing the niqab. This does not give a good impression of Islam."
AFP: Egypt Al-Azhar scholar supports French niqab ban

Women wearing the full veil are becoming more numerous in Los Angeles. My dog saw a woman in full regalia in our complex. It scared her and she tried to attack. But my dog is very little, and is always on a leash so no harm done.

Women can wear the veil anywhere they like, they just can't go into a bank, any government building, and many stores that are posted that it's not allowed. They can walk the streets though.

Well, friends, it appears that Sunni cannot or will not respond to my inquiry. A mere 2 minute video segment .... hmmm ...

Remember that.

I'm referring to min. 3 thru 5 of the video link I posted especially for Sunni. He won't answer. Cannot. Gotcha.

Start a new thread with your video and question and maybe I will participate. :cool:

I already started a thread on it, thanks - where it belongs, in the Mid East forum.

However, I was merely asking you specifically about the matter at hand - referred to in min. 3 thru min. 5.

Here again .. note min. 3 thru min. 5 ... thanks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxFzFIDbKpg]Of Mosques and Men: Reflections on the Ground Zero Mosque - YouTube[/ame]

For every muslim cleric that opposes wearing the veil.

I can post a hundred that are in favor of muslim women wearing it.

Even Islam has it's share of "Uncle Muhammads" always willing to please the government and local authorities. :cool:

For every muslim cleric that opposes wearing the veil.

I can post a hundred that are in favor of muslim women wearing it.

Even Islam has it's share of "Uncle Muhammads" always willing to please the government and local authorities. :cool:

The veil is perfect in islamic countries. Not so much in other countries. If you think the law should be obeyed, then it should be obeyed everywhere. Each nation's laws should be be obeyed. American women should slap a burka on their heads before they ever get off the plane landing in an islamic country. And muslim women should take theirs off when they come to a non-islamic country.

As long as veiled women can't enter buildings, and have to take it off for official photos, there's no problem with it.

I am conflicted on this issue. I fully support France and its position on banning all religious garb in the workplace however I don't understand what forcing everybody to show their faces achieves.

I am conflicted on this issue. I fully support France and its position on banning all religious garb in the workplace however I don't understand what forcing everybody to show their faces achieves.

It's called identification. It's not just religious garb, it's all forms of facial concealment. Meaning you can't go into a bank wearing a halloween mask and say it's your religion.

The trend is that banning all forms of face concealment will become for important the more facial recognition is used. Muslims who want to keep the veil, and extend that to non islamic countries won't succeed. Technology has already trampled that "right" out of existence.

Quite simple.

Muslims are a small minority in France; and only about 2,000 muslim women actually wear the veil.

So right wing French politicians can use this issue to increase their voting base.

And not worry about offending a small minority of citizens that wouldn't vote for them anyway. :cool:

Remember that.

As we see, you appeared on the thread but have no earthly idea how to reply - except for your word games.

Min. 3 thru 5 really threw you for a loop. I love it - you showed your real colors here and there. "Smile in their faces and curse them in your hearts."

Don't worry, I'll expose you again. That was easy. :eusa_clap:

It's called identification. It's not just religious garb, it's all forms of facial concealment. Meaning you can't go into a bank wearing a halloween mask and say it's your religion.

The trend is that banning all forms of face concealment will become for important the more facial recognition is used. Muslims who want to keep the veil, and extend that to non islamic countries won't succeed. Technology has already trampled that "right" out of existence.

Don't forget, though, that both the face veil and burka is not religious but cultural garb.

Your thread is all well and good but it DOES NOT cover the REAL reason why the French government passed the law to stop people from concealing their identity.

A group of young, radical Muslims roam the streets of various French cities and towns setting fire to parked cars, blocking roads with burning tires, and even assaulting French non-Muslim women for the clothes they wear!

Are they NOT supposed to protect their citizens? :(

Forum List

Back