Muslim Chaplain Arrested for Allegedly Trying to Smuggle Razor Blades Into NYC Jail

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
NEW YORK — Authorities say a New York jails chaplain has been charged with trying to smuggle three razor blades and a pair of scissors into a facility.

The Department of Investigation says 58-year-old Imam Zul-Qarnain Shahid was arrested at the Manhattan Detention Complex on Wednesday.

Officials say Shahid was arrested while entering the jailhouse when a bag he had brought with him triggered an alarm from the X-ray machine. Authorities discovered razor blades and scissors inside the bag.

Muslim Chaplain Arrested for Allegedly Trying to Smuggle Razor Blades Into NYC Jail - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Do you think the FBI might want to keep an eye on his mosque? Or would that not be P.C.?

I think our Islamic freind just got confused and thought Rawmandan was a celebration of clean shorn criminal scrotums.

NEW YORK — Authorities say a New York jails chaplain has been charged with trying to smuggle three razor blades and a pair of scissors into a facility.

The Department of Investigation says 58-year-old Imam Zul-Qarnain Shahid was arrested at the Manhattan Detention Complex on Wednesday.

Officials say Shahid was arrested while entering the jailhouse when a bag he had brought with him triggered an alarm from the X-ray machine. Authorities discovered razor blades and scissors inside the bag.

Muslim Chaplain Arrested for Allegedly Trying to Smuggle Razor Blades Into NYC Jail - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Do you think the FBI might want to keep an eye on his mosque? Or would that not be P.C.?

These guys just wanted a shave and a haircut!

You might want to google drug problem in US prisons.
Heck we can't even keep illegal drugs out of our prisons, the war on drugs is lost.

Nope. Not based on this article alone. Nor based on this incident alone. And it has nothing to do with being PC. The people in that mosque have the right to worship free from government interference even if they have a stupid pastor.

It's like the guy that shot the kansas doctor, should the FBI have begun listening in on his church? I think not.

Nope. Not based on this article alone. Nor based on this incident alone. And it has nothing to do with being PC. The people in that mosque have the right to worship free from government interference even if they have a stupid pastor.

It's like the guy that shot the kansas doctor, should the FBI have begun listening in on his church? I think not.

they should investigate to the extent to prove or disprove any church involvement. Not to do so would be iresponsible.

Beowulfe doesn't believe they should watch any mosque - even when the IMAM is clearly aiding and abetting terrorism. No church should fear outside guests. It sure could have helped the Catholics if they had gotten involved earlier. Why would the worshippers need to feel intimidated? Especially if it was done discreetly - like undercover. :cuckoo:

they should investigate to the extent to prove or disprove any church involvement. Not to do so would be iresponsible.

Not based on what's in the article. There is nothing, nada, zip, in the article that would lead me to think the church was involved. Who knows, the guy could have been going to see his brother or nephew. Now, if the FBI knows something about this church that's not in the article and that causes them to think there may be more to this than some guy getting caught trying to bring contraband into a prison, then, by all means, they should investigate. But saying because this guy got caught doing this they should put his church under surveillance is, IMO, persecution.

Beowulfe doesn't believe they should watch any mosque - even when the IMAM is clearly aiding and abetting terrorism. No church should fear outside guests. It sure could have helped the Catholics if they had gotten involved earlier. Why would the worshippers need to feel intimidated? Especially if it was done discreetly - like undercover. :cuckoo:

YOu don't know what I believe or don't believe so I wil tell you. The FBI shouldn't be watching any mosque just because it's a mosque. The law requires that there be more. Apparently, I'm not like you.............so afraid that I'd agree to have the US become a police state. Been there done that and it doesn't work for anyone.

Do you know what you call a democratic republic that breaks its own laws in time of emergencies?...... A dictatorship. Is that what you want? Or do you think that because you are not muslim that it won't affect you?

Nope. I am a Catholic and would have no problem with the FBI sitting in mass. I already said so. I don't know how that makes us a police state. Sorry - not following you.

YOu don't know what I believe or don't believe so I wil tell you. The FBI shouldn't be watching any mosque just because it's a mosque. The law requires that there be more. Apparently, I'm not like you.............so afraid that I'd agree to have the US become a police state. Been there done that and it doesn't work for anyone.

Do you know what you call a democratic republic that breaks its own laws in time of emergencies?...... A dictatorship. Is that what you want? Or do you think that because you are not muslim that it won't affect you?

Redefine Islam as a cult and then it is not a religion and gets no free pass for same.
As soon as the "Peaceful" Islamic terrorists stop killing Americans they can apply for their belief system to be recognized as a religion.

Let's say there is a group of fervent motherfuckers who share a goal of killing Americans.

And let's say the aforesaid fervent motherfuckers happen to share something in common: they are all adherents, say, of the same religion.

And let's say that when they meet in their place of worship, they also (in a religious zeal) discuss their fervent hopes, goals, aspirations and plans to bring about the deaths of many Americans.

Is it some violation of the First Amendment's provision about religious freedom for the government to monitor what these fervent motherfuckers are saying in their places of worship?

If your answer is "yes, it is" then please tell us all:

How on Earth does monitoring the conversation of these fervent motherfuckers tend to establish an official State religion or deny to anybody the free exercise of their own religions? I mean, that IS what the Constitution prohibits.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Nope. I am a Catholic and would have no problem with the FBI sitting in mass. I already said so. I don't know how that makes us a police state. Sorry - not following you.

The law requires probable cause in order for surveillance. With what we know from the story, there is no probable cause for the FBI to surveil this guy's mosque.

The fact that you would have no problem with the FBI surveilling your church without probable cause says you'd be okay with a police state. Because that's what you're advocating. In a police state the goverment does surveil w/o probably cause. In a country of laws, as the US is supposed to be, the government must meet the legal requirements of surveillance in order to put someone under its microscope.

Forum List

Back