Muslim Calvinism

Maybe as long as the radicals are used by monarchs to achieve political ends, reform will not occur, as the funding would be cut from the kings and princes. Maybe it's a "follow the money" situation.

rtwngAvngr said:
Maybe as long as the radicals are used by monarchs to achieve political ends, reform will not occur, as the funding would be cut from the kings and princes. Maybe it's a "follow the money" situation.

Traditionally true reformers physically removed themselves from those who oppressed them for thier new practices until they finally landed somewhere that they we free to practice as they wished. I'm gonna look at the glass as half full today. :tng:

Sometimes I feel like the smart thing would be to just anti personnel the whole area and repopulate it all with white christians. But. That's just me. :banana:

rtwngAvngr said:
Sometimes I feel like the smart thing would be to just anti personnel the whole area and repopulate it all with white christians. But. That's just me. :banana:

Greed and capitalism have been able to make a pretty good dent in all religious concepts. Biggest enemy of Islam there is IMHO.

dilloduck said:
Greed and capitalism have been able to make a pretty good dent in all religious concepts. Biggest enemy of Islam there is IMHO.

True. Satan's ways dominate in this realm. For now. :teeth:

dilloduck said:
Don't all reformers start out as exceptions? Are you saying that Turkey is the ONLY exception?

Can you think of any? And I'm not talking about overly progressive states such as Jordan, mainly those who are proclaimed theocracies.

Said1 said:
Turkey is the exception. However, Ataturk eventually caved on a number of issues (I'm sure Canvar can say what they are, I forget). Islam, as has been practiced does not, nor do I believe it's intended to have a decentralized order within societies where the religion is practiced.

Is authority in islam kind of along the tribal clan lines as they connect to muhammad?

I guess one could say christianity is equally decentralized today, because there are so many denominations now. Maybe that IS partially why "bible based" in having such a comeback in america. I don't know what the hell Im talking about.

rtwngAvngr said:
Is authority in islam kind of along the tribal clan lines as they connect to muhammad?

That's how you know your place in society, if you have any standing. It's very important - within both Kingdoms and Theocracies. Even Saddam touted his clan's entitlement to Iraq (or at least parts of it).

I guess one could say christianity is equally decentralized today, because there are so many denominations now. Maybe that IS partially why "bible based" in having such a comeback in america. I don't know what the hell Im talking about.

I have no idea. Each denomination interprets some parts of the bible differently. What do you mean by "bible based"?

Said1 said:
That's how you know your place in society, if you have any standing. It's very important - within both Kingdoms and Theocracies. Even Saddam touted his clan's entitlement to Iraq (or at least parts of it).

I have no idea. Each denomination interprets some parts of the bible differently. What do you mean by "bible based"?

more fundamentalist. Not catholicism, not episcopals, not methodists, not presbyterians. ALl the southern baptist/ old testament named / of the rock/cross and such. But NOT mormons. jehovahs witness, or seventh day. But yes on pentecostal. It's hard to say. Did that clear it up? again. Not sure what I'm talking about!
:dance:

I guess in essence it's a reliance on personal reading and interpretation of the bible on a personal level as a main teaching that makes the difference. Not that catholics DON'T encourage that. Maybe they just don't discourage it TODAY, who knows how it was prior to the reformation. SOmeone here probably does, but I don't. Out damn IGNORANCE. Thy existence is a pox.

Forum List

Back