Muslim Brotherhood controlled Egypt will be a Nuclear Power in a Few Years

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Gamal Mubarak, the son of Egypt's president Hosni Mubarak, announced back in 2006 that Egypt is working to have a nuclear plant in operation with in 10 years.

Egypt is a member of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty signed in 1968, and ratified in 1981

So even if the Muslim Brotherhood becomes the dominate player in the Egyptian government.

There is no legal recourse to prevent them from going nuclear. :cool:

Last edited:
That Genie has been out of the bottle for decades.

Eventually even Haiti will have the bomb.

Building nuclear plants would provide employment opportunities for Egyptian citizens and stimulate the economy. :cool:

You have to possess certain skills to work at a nuclear power plant, North Korea and Iran have nuclear power plants and they have very high unemployment rates. If the first this new government is going to do is build nukes the situation for the Egyptians will be 10 times worse than it was under Mubarak.

The Muslim Brotherhood are not the "Moderates" the International Press is making them out to be. The Media is always biased and wrong. Bin Laden and his #2 Zawahiri were both members of the Muslim Brotherhood. Mubarak kept them under wraps and i think many are mistaking that for them being "Moderates." They will now become very powerful. The U.S. is making a huge mistake intervening and creating this new Egyptian Government which will include the Muslim Brotherhood. This will just lead to more disastrous Blow Back for us. We will regret it someday.

Solution, stay at home and use your National guard, to guard your own Nation

The Muslim Brotherhood are not the "Moderates" the International Press is making them out to be. The Media is always biased and wrong. Bin Laden and his #2 Zawahiri were both members of the Muslim Brotherhood. Mubarak kept them under wraps and i think many are mistaking that for them being "Moderates." They will now become very powerful. The U.S. is making a huge mistake intervening and creating this new Egyptian Government which will include the Muslim Brotherhood. This will just lead to more disastrous Blow Back for us. We will regret it someday.
The Muslim Brotherhood is very popular among Egyptian citizens.

They have done a lot of humanitarian work for the people.

And will be a part of any newly formed Egyptian government. :cool:

No. they have *some* support in Egypt. But Egyptians are generally secular and generally don't want a bunch of fundies telling them what to do. Egypt also likes its tourists and doesn't want to drive normal people away like the fundie countries. As to your assertion about nukes, according to the Federation of American Scientists,

Egypt has not engaged in significant efforts to develop a nuclear weapons capability. Evidently Egypt has decided to concentrate on increasing conventional forces, and chemical and biological weapons, rather than developing nuclear weapons.

Nuclear Weapons Program - Egypt

No. they have *some* support in Egypt. But Egyptians are generally secular and generally don't want a bunch of fundies telling them what to do. Egypt also likes its tourists and doesn't want to drive normal people away like the fundie countries. As to your assertion about nukes, according to the Federation of American Scientists,

Egypt has not engaged in significant efforts to develop a nuclear weapons capability. Evidently Egypt has decided to concentrate on increasing conventional forces, and chemical and biological weapons, rather than developing nuclear weapons.

Weren't people saying the same thing about Iranians before 1979?

Tell that to the Iranians. They thought they'd have a secular government too.

No they didn't. The iranian revolution WAS a religious movement.

I expect you to be able to distinguish between countries.

The revolution didn't start off as religious though.

When the Shah left iran, he left a power vacuum. The Ayatollah Khomeini and his boys stepped into the void because there was chaos. The Shah's army was overtaken by military who opposed him. None of that is happening in Egypt. Mubarak isn't leaving a power vacuum for them to walk into. And Mubarak has the army for now and should keep them so long as it appears that he is actually going to leave and is making the necessary transition.

Different circumstances.

When the Shah left iran, he left a power vacuum. The Ayatollah Khomeini and his boys stepped into the void because there was chaos. The Shah's army was overtaken by military who opposed him. None of that is happening in Egypt. Mubarak isn't leaving a power vacuum for them to walk into. And Mubarak has the army for now and should keep them so long as it appears that he is actually going to leave and is making the necessary transition.

Different circumstances.

Mubarak is smart not to leave because if he did the country would plunge into choas.

It didn't start out that way, Jillian. I can distinguish between countries. I can also distinguish between how the world is and how people would like it to be.

If Egypt becomes an Islamic theocracy they can kiss their tourist trade goodbye, people aren't exactly banging on the doors to visit a strict Islamic state.

It didn't start out that way, Jillian. I can distinguish between countries. I can also distinguish between how the world is and how people would like it to be.

see my response to high gravity.

and i think you lump people together too much.

If Egypt becomes an Islamic theocracy they can kiss their tourist trade goodbye, people aren't exactly banging on the doors to visit a strict Islamic state.

that's true. and i don't think anyone is going to make the same mistakes in regard to egypt that were made with regard to iran.

let me rephrase that... i hope they won't be.

but as of right now, there is little popular support for a theocracy in egypt.

Forum List

Back