Muslim attitudes towards terror & the US

It clearly indicates very widespread support for terrorism among muslim populations..

Not really - single figure support for terror attacks against civilian targets is not "widespread", but I think the need to see each and every aspect of the Middle East as being either black or white makes it hard to see that.

This report clearly shows that countries like Indonesia, Turkey and even Pakistan are largely moderate in their views, and should be encouraged to be so.

Clearly you prefer to use research for which you do not even know the source, given the results suit your political views - I am not convinved making up data that is the way forward.

It clearly indicates very widespread support for terrorism among muslim populations..

Not really - single figure support for terror attacks against civilian targets is not "widespread", but I think the need to see each and every aspect of the Middle East as being either black or white makes it hard to see that.

This report clearly shows that countries like Indonesia, Turkey and even Pakistan are largely moderate in their views, and should be encouraged to be so.

Clearly you prefer to use research for which you do not even know the source, given the results suit your political views - I am not convinved making up data that is the way forward.

Again you are simply lying here. The research which you yourself quote indicates overwhelming support for terrorist attacks against non-civilian US targets and doesn't even dare to pose the question about terrorist attacks against Israel. You simply disregard those facts which don't fit with your false view about muslim attitudes towards terrorism.

Link to research?

I only have it as a PDF, but you can find it linked from this Wikipedia page:

Muslim attitudes towards terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is 45 pages or so, so I just picked the bits I thought people might find most interesting.

Thanks. Given that so many 'studies' tend to be nothing more than junk 'science', I like to look at the actual study in order to establish its credentials. This, happily, looks like an academically sound piece of research - which makes a change from the usual shit we get on this forum.

All Muslim countries are the same.

Just like all Christian countries are the same.

:thup:

Thanks. Given that so many 'studies' tend to be nothing more than junk 'science', I like to look at the actual study in order to establish its credentials. This, happily, looks like an academically sound piece of research - which makes a change from the usual shit we get on this forum.

Thanks! It does look fairly solid to me - at least they are a genuine research company!

You simply disregard those facts which don't fit with your false view about muslim attitudes towards terrorism.

Says the person disregarding the research.

I quoted the research that you referred to and which you claim is solid and which clearly documents that the vast majority of muslims approve of terrorist attacks against US non-civilian targets. You are the one purposely disregarding these findings. Because you prefer to lie about it. You really are quite pathetic.

Views towards Al Queda:

Egypt: 21% support
Indonesia: 9%
Pakistan: 16%
Morocco: 9%

Iran?

Syria?

PA?

:eusa_whistle:

The reseachers were not able to operate in Iran, but they do have results from Palestinian Territories. I'm not sure about Syria.

I didn't post all of the stats here because it would have taken too much time and space, but if you check the link earlier, you can find more stats on each topic.

Views towards Al Queda:

Iran?

Syria?

PA?

Yes, one of the stats you unfortunately didn't have time to refer to was that only 6% of Palestinians disapprove of terrorist attacks against US non-military targets.

The reseachers were not able to operate in Iran, but they do have results from Palestinian Territories. I'm not sure about Syria.

I didn't post all of the stats here because it would have taken too much time and space, but if you check the link earlier, you can find more stats on each topic.

Yes, one of the stats you unfortunately didn't have time to refer to was that only 6% of Palestinians disapprove of terrorist attacks against US non-military targets.

Views towards Al Queda:

Iran?

Syria?

PA?

Yes, strangely the stats you didn't have time to refer to were the ones showing overwhelming support for terrorist attacks against US non-civilian targets.

Arte -

Please post honestly.

I don't personally find the issue of strikes against military targets as controversial or as disputed as strikes against non-military targets, so that was what I focused on.

Arte -

Please post honestly.

I don't personally find the issue of strikes against military targets as controversial or as disputed as strikes against non-military targets, so that was what I focused on.

So you think terrorist attacks against US military personnel are not terrorism?

Arte -

Please post honestly.

I didn't say that - and don't say that.

I thin terrorist attacks against military targets are less of an issue for most of us than attacks against civilian targets.

Terror attacks against military targets may be, in some cases, something I would consider completely abhorent. In other cases, they may be something I would consider a fairly legitimate act of self defense.

I look at the polling on attitudes towards attacks on US troops in the Gulf, and just didn't find them particularly remarkable.

Arte -

Please post honestly.

I thin terrorist attacks against military targets are less of an issue for most of us than attacks against civilian targets.

Terror attacks against military targets may be, in some cases, something I would consider completely abhorent. In other cases, they may be something I would consider a fairly legitimate act of self defense.

I look at the polling on attitudes towards attacks on US troops in the Gulf, and just didn't find them particularly remarkable.

So you support certain forms of terrorism. Pretty disgusting, but not really a surprise.

So you support certain forms of terrorism. Pretty disgusting, but not really a surprise.
It took you a while but you finally got to where I was a month ago. Saigon is an imposter.

Saigon is an imposter.

Oh, yes, I actually work for Syrian Intelligence. But it's supposed to be a secret.

Sometimes it seems like anyone on this board not currently suffering from either acute strabismia or a sever brain stem injury is an imposter.

Roudy, just because I have been to both Syria and Israel doesn't make me an imposter - it just makes me adquately informed.

You should try it one day.

Saigon is an imposter.

Oh, yes, I actually work for Syrian Intelligence. But it's supposed to be a secret.

Sometimes it seems like anyone on this board not currently suffering from either acute strabismia or a sever brain stem injury is an imposter.

Roudy, just because I have been to both Syria and Israel doesn't make me an imposter - it just makes me adquately informed.

You should try it one day.

You may think that you are informed. But all you do is spout all sort of stupidity.

It took you a while but you finally got to where I was a month ago. Saigon is an imposter.

I give everybody the benefit of the doubt.

New Topics

Forum List

Back