Muslim American Society: Official Response to the Death of Osama bin Laden

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
I am a member of MAS

Which is the largest Muslim American organization in the United States.

Here is the e-mail that was sent out to all of our members this morning.

On May 2, 2011 12:19 AM
>
> As salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah Dear All,,
> *
> The Muslim American Society welcomes the news of the demise of Osama bin Laden. The intentional killing of civilians for political ends is terrorism, and this has been the mode of operation of Al Qaeda as directed by Osama bin Laden. We pray that this development leads to a reduction in radical extremism in the world, and that fewer fall victim to it. Indeed fighting against acts of terror, radical extremism, and its root causes must continue to be part of our nation’s agenda. Finally, we pray that bin Laden’s demise brings some solace to the thousands of families, Muslims and non-Muslims, who have been victimized by Al Qaeda’s crimes.
> *

Very sensible.

Islamic terrorists have killed far more Moslems than anybody else.

Thanks for the post. The reality that Muslims aren't terrorists isn't new, but it still hasn't made it's way into public consciousness. Sometimes it seems that pushing it there is like paddling a canoe up a waterfall.

Thanks for the post. The reality that Muslims aren't terrorists isn't new, but it still hasn't made it's way into public consciousness. Sometimes it seems that pushing it there is like paddling a canoe up a waterfall.

Like a politician trying to convince a American veteran that the invasion from Mexico is a good thing.

This from Dearborn.....

bilde

Muslims and Arab-Americans across metro Detroit -- greatly impacted by the war on terrorism over the past decade -- rejoiced at the news that Osama bin Laden was killed.

"The world is definitely a better place without the patron of all terrorists," said Imam Hassan Al-Qazwini, head of the Islamic Center of America in Dearborn, the largest mosque in a city that has the highest concentration of Arab-Americans in the U.S. Qazwini called bin Laden "the world's most infamous thug."

Detroit-area Arab Americans, Muslims rejoice at death of bin Laden | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I don't doubt that there will still be assholes out there among the Muslim community that are infuriated about OBL's demise, just as I am sure there will be assholes who still continue to see all Muslims as his supporters, but hopefully both are a tiny and increasingly insignificant minority.

Last edited:
Osama Bin Laden, upper body injury, out indefinitely. Al Quaeda placed him on the LTIR.
RangerReview.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muslims are not more radical than say red necks. We paint with a broad brush when we are condemning segments of society depending on our own beliefs. The number of bad people in the world is not specific to race, religion or ethnicity. Education and finances do not guarantee that we are dealing with people we consider good. AH's run the gamut, I have not problem with Bin Laden being killed, he asked for it.

I am a member of MAS

>
> *
> The Muslim American Society welcomes the news of the demise of Osama bin Laden. The intentional killing of civilians for political ends is terrorism, and this has been the mode of operation of Al Qaeda as directed by Osama bin Laden. We pray that this development leads to a reduction in radical extremism in the world, and that fewer fall victim to it. Indeed fighting against acts of terror, radical extremism, and its root causes must continue to be part of our nation’s agenda. Finally, we pray that bin Laden’s demise brings some solace to the thousands of families, Muslims and non-Muslims, who have been victimized by Al Qaeda’s crimes.
> *

Why do they only send this out to "members?"

Why doesn't the MAS get out in the PUBLIC and make these comments.

Might help squelch some hate...

Just sayin'

Muslims are not more radical than say red necks. We paint with a broad brush when we are condemning segments of society depending on our own beliefs. The number of bad people in the world is not specific to race, religion or ethnicity. Education and finances do not guarantee that we are dealing with people we consider good. AH's run the gamut, I have not problem with Bin Laden being killed, he asked for it.

Really. How many rednecks have committed anti-American acts of terrorism over the last couple years compared to Muslims?

I am a member of MAS

>
> *
> *

I've got a crisp $100 bill that says all the radio talking heads are going to be asking why the Muslims are sooooo silent within the next 48 hours. It seems they think there should be banners flying in front of mosques and each Muslim should repeat this letter each day like the pledge of allegience.

This is something I never understood.

Since Al-q and other terror groups have killed more other muslims than anything else.

How do the keep getting people to join?

Any chance he gets used as a martyr and recruitment tool?

I am a member of MAS

>
> *
> *

Good response. :thup:

J
I am a member of MAS

>
> *
> *

Just sayin'
That is a good question.

The person who wrote this is a good personal friend of mine that I see most everyday.

I will forward your suggestion to him.

Thanks

J
I am a member of MAS

>
> *
> *

Just sayin'
That is a good question.

The person who wrote this is a good personal friend of mine that I see most everyday.

Thanks

I liked the pictures of the Muslims in Dearborn out celebrating waving American flags, it lets non Muslims see where they stand.

9539471-large.jpg

179141800-01230407.jpg

bilde

They look like good Americans to me.

Questioning Americans patriotism because they have roots elsewhere has always been a repugnant thing to me.

We are a country of immigrants

J
I am a member of MAS

>
> *
> *

Just sayin'
That is a good question.

Thanks

My suggestion would be a press release or a press conference...

I am a member of MAS

>
> *
> *

Just sayin'

Agreed the problem has been and continues to be one of getting the message heard

This specter of Osama bin Laden has been like an albatross around the necks of Muslim Americans for almost 10 years.

Now that the United States as finally got its revenge

I hope that the American public will start to view Muslim Americans as loyal and patriotic citizens and not the enemy.

This specter of Osama bin Laden has been like an albatross around the necks of Muslim Americans for almost 10 years.

Now that the United States as finally got its revenge

I hope that the American public will start to view Muslim Americans as loyal and patriotic citizens and not the enemy.

I share your hope, but I've already seen one "Fuck Islam" on another thread this morning. Every country is cursed with one or more idiots.

Forum List

Back