Music: Wait. What!?

Witchit

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2014
TARDIS
If anybody else is absolutely thrown for a loop by a song or video (or both) share here.

I've heard this song so many times. Didn't know what I was listening to until I could pull it up by "Peter Rabbit trailer song." Okay. I love her voice. I shall listen some more. I listened over and over. The song started popping up in commercials.

Then I found this video.

On this one, I wasn't so much thrown as made aware. I'd heard of the chemistry between these two (ignore the drummer with his mouth hanging open, ffs) but this was the first time I'd seen it. All this time later, and the link is palpable.

I was floored by Peter Gabriel's 'Sledgehammer' vid, many years ago. A ground-breaking approach, it re-wrote the rules.

I'm not sure why this one hit me so hard, obviously HE knew he was dying - it was just the rest of us who didn't.

Thinking back, I didn't see the video until he'd already passed away.

Surreal.

George Michael's "Freedom". The cinematography is outstanding... And it doesn't hurt that the women are gorgeous..

This is probably one of my favorite videos, you listen to the music and it's all happy and cheery, but then when you pay attention to the lyrics you're all, "what the hell!"

This one I may have mentioned elsewhere. I never knew what Eric Burdon looked like, I assumed he was a big, older guy based on his voice.

Then I saw this.

I mean, one of the guys in our Homecoming court bore a remarkable resemblance, lol! He's such a KID!

This is probably one of my favorite videos, you listen to the music and it's all happy and cheery, but then when you pay attention to the lyrics you're all, "what the hell!"

Fine, you win the thread, lol!!

{/thread}

George Michael's "Freedom". The cinematography is outstanding... And it doesn't hurt that the women are gorgeous..

Agreed. And I've got two related songs - I think we can only attach one song per post?

George Michael again because I got hypnotized by his ass. That never happens. Seriously.

Further, I don't think I ever saw an ass with a featured role in a music video, which will lead to my next post.

A song featuring bouncing boobs. On all these exquisite, expressionless women. I had a major crush on him and still was bouncing my head in time with the bouncing boobs.

Now maybe some male on the board will come and tell me that someone predated RP on this front but I'm not thinking so. At the very least, it wasn't as popular as this song.

And I, a flaming bleeding heart liberal, was blindsided when this song got so much hate for misogyny Like had they NOT heard rap for the past couple of decades?!

NSFW. Nudity.

The first time i heard the unedited version of this song was a surprise too. About the 1:45 mark...

I can't find a version I'm happy with, but the original video "Them little faggots" included. Firstly, I believe it was the first video I saw that wasn't just the musician standing there being the focal point, and second, that language.

I gather from what I'm seeing over at Youtube that there was a cleaned-up version released after the quoted part above was removed or altered or something?

I want my MTV (Money for Nothin.)

Forum List

Back