Music Trivia

Here's one for you younguns. :D

Who made up the Million Dollar Quartet? This isn't really a band per se, but the name given to recordings made during a jam session that included 4 of the biggest talents of early rock and roll, one going on to be one the biggest names in country.

The Million Dollar Quartet was Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis. (Had to ask my boss about that one since it was BMT)

What was the first white group to have a hit "rap" single? What was the name of the song?

jillian said:
The Million Dollar Quartet was Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis. (Had to ask my boss about that one since it was BMT)

What was the first white group to have a hit "rap" single? What was the name of the song?

Yep, that's them. Worth picking up *cough* downloading* a copy if the opportunity arises.

And to your second question, I'm gonna guess "The Beastie Boys" I have no idea what the single was, though. OH! "You gotta fight for your right to paaarrrrtttay". :laugh:

Again, just a guess.

Said1 said:
Yep, that's them. Worth picking up *cough* downloading* a copy if the opportunity arises.

And to your second question, I'm gonna guess "The Beastie Boys" I have no idea what the single was, though. OH! "You gotta fight for your right to paaarrrrtttay". :laugh:

Again, just a guess.

After seeing Walk The Line, I'd actually like to er.... pick up.... some of that kind of music.

Nope...not the Beasties.

jillian said:
After seeing Walk The Line, I'd actually like to er.... pick up.... some of that kind of music.

Nope...not the Beasties.

It's probably my favorite era. In my opion, all the music from that period is great.

The live album Johnny Cash recorded at Folsum Prison and San Quentin are really good, probably better than most of his recordings.

Ok. Another guess......white group..... rap single....I give up.

Said1 said:
It's probably my favorite era. In my opion, all the music from that period is great.

The live album Johnny Cash recorded at Folsum Prison and San Quentin are really good, probably better than most of his recordings.

Ok. Another guess......white group..... rap single....I give up.

Musically, I go from the mid-70's classic rock and on, but I'm very big on '80's post-punk new wave (I know...I know....but it was fun!)

BTW, that last was a bit of a hint.

jillian said:
Musically, I go from the mid-70's classic rock and on, but I'm very big on '80's post-punk new wave (I know...I know....but it was fun!)

BTW, that last was a bit of a hint.

And it isn't the Beastie Boys? Hmmmm, they started in the early 80's as a punk band of sorts. I really have no clue, I'm not a big 80's music fan, although I did love watching Solid Gold. :D

Said1 said:
And it isn't the Beastie Boys? Hmmmm, they started in the early 80's as a punk band of sorts. I really have no clue, I'm not a big 80's music fan, although I did love watching Solid Gold. :D

I started out my career watching "The Hit Parade" so I'm a little weak on rapper questions.
(where is that old geezer smilie ? )

Dr Grump said:
Who wrote Black Magic Women and what band was he in (who subsequently recorded it!) No googling Jillian - too easy otherwise...

lol...google? moi? nah...wouldn't be any fun. :cheers2:

Don't know the answer, though I know who recorded it eventually.

jillian said:
And the next question?

Drumroll, please :cheers2:
Oh, man. I don't know. My brain is melting, the polar ice caps are receding rapidly from the heat, my basement is flooding - I don't know if I can do it.

Ok. Who was the oldest Beatle?

Forum List

Back