Music Trivia

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Musicman just posted on another thread that Bobby Goldsboro played the guitar intro to Roy Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman". I had no idea that was the case. But thought it might be fun if one of us raised a music trivia question and then whoever answers it gets to post the next question.

I can't post Musicman's since he gave the answer. But how about this one?

What 16 year old music prodigy did the intro for Neil Young's "Southern Man"?

jillian said:
Musicman just posted on another thread that Bobby Goldsboro played the guitar intro to Roy Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman". I had no idea that was the case. But thought it might be fun if one of us raised a music trivia question and then whoever answers it gets to post the next question.

What 16 year old music prodigy did the guitar intro for Neil Young's "Southern Man"?

Danged if you didn't stump me right out of the gate, jillian! I'll be looking forward to getting the answer to this one.

musicman said:
Danged if you didn't stump me right out of the gate, jillian! I'll be looking forward to getting the answer to this one.

I think I got lucky! lol... I'll give it some time to see if anyone gets it before I give away the answer. :cheers2:

jillian said:
I think I got lucky! lol... I'll give it some time to see if anyone gets it before I give away the answer. :cheers2:

My !@#$% emoticons aren't working since the board upgrade. That really makes me mad, too - as I had some devastatingly funny stuff planned for my last couple of replies (well...maybe not DEVASTATINGLY funny - but a little bit funny...grrr).

musicman said:
My !@#$% emoticons aren't working since the board upgrade. That really makes me mad, too - as I had some devastatingly funny stuff planned for my last couple of replies (well...maybe not DEVASTATINGLY funny - but a little bit funny...grrr).

LOL! I hear ya! I felt sooooooooooo frustrated not having them. I don't know about you, but I speak with my hands a lot.... and without the smilies, I felt like I had to talk with my hands tied. :eek:

jillian said:
LOL! I hear ya! I felt sooooooooooo frustrated not having them. I don't know about you, but I speak with my hands a lot.... and without the smilies, I felt like I had to talk with my hands tied. :eek:

Picture my crying smilie here.

And, imagine my frustration at having to discuss Rod McKuen without the benefit of my vomiting smilie.

It is to weep...

musicman said:
Picture my crying smilie here.

And, imagine my frustration at having to discuss Rod McKuen without the benefit of my vomiting smilie.

It is to weep...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :cry:

BTW, edited my question because it dawns on me, Neil might have had this person on piano, not guitar, for the intro. Does that help?

LOL - you shouldn't show off your emoticons like that, jillian; it's like eating in front of a starving man (j/k)!

I'll take a wild guess, and say Jackson Browne.

jillian said:

What 16 year old music prodigy did the intro for Neil Young's "Southern Man"?

Ronnie Van Zant? :laugh:

And Jillian, that's a "joke".

musicman said:
LOL - you shouldn't show off your emoticons like that, jillian; it's like eating in front of a starving man (j/k)!

I'll take a wild guess, and say Jackson Browne.

Sorry about the emoticons. Hope yours are working again now.

And it's not Jackson, although he's one of my favorites. (Used to have a huge crush on him.)

It was Nils Lofgren. ;)

OK...what movie did Bruce Springsteen watch that was the inspiration for his song, "Jungleland"?

jillian said:
Sorry about the emoticons. Hope yours are working again now.

And it's not Jackson, although he's one of my favorites. (Used to have a huge crush on him.)

It was Nils Lofgren. ;)

OK...what movie did Bruce Springsteen watch that was the inspiration for his song, "Jungleland"?

Gotta be Mean Streets.....

jillian said:
:clap:

Now, I do believe it's your turn to post a question.

Thank you, ma'am!

A group called The Champs had a hit in the early sixties with a saxophone-based instrumental titled, "Tequila". Two members of this band went on to become one of the most successful duos of early seventies rock. Who were they?

musicman said:
Thank you, ma'am!

A group called The Champs had a hit in the early sixties with a saxophone-based instrumental titled, "Tequila". Two members of this band went on to become one of the most successful duos of early seventies rock. Who were they?

I haven't a clue. :scratch:

Can I take a guess and say Simon and Garfunkel?

musicman said:
Thank you, ma'am!

Herb Alpert is one, right??

Forum List

Back