music "theft"

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
the day of paying Hollywood for music has come to an end.
the big companies say "we've replaced you with a robot, your job is obsolete, goodbye"
now, the same thing has happened to music.
Ozzy Osbourne's classic album Blizzard of Oz, featuring one of the greatest rock guitar players in history, Randy Rhoades, only earned him 60K,
...which he blew on drugs.
the record companies sold that album for years and years, something they could have never made.
"We went on tour in support of our first album for 11 months, when we came back from Europe, the record company told us we owe them 3 million dollars and a new album. We said , how does that work?"
-Eddie Van Halen
they say artists need to be paid for their work, they're not being paid anyways.
record sales numbers are based on estimates, which means they really don't know how many are sold.
they're selling many off the book so they don't have to pay taxes
they say there's some moral obligation because the artist signed a contract they didn't understand.
i'm sorry, but I just don't feel that moral obligation.

the big companies say "we've replaced you with a robot, your job is obsolete, goodbye"
Ozzy Osbourne's classic album Blizzard of Oz, featuring one of the greatest rock guitar players in history, Randy Rhoades, only earned him 60K,
the record companies sold that album for years and years, something they could have never made.
"We went on tour in support of our first album for 11 months, when we came back from Europe, the record company told us we owe them 3 million dollars and a new album. We said , how does that work?"
-Eddie Van Halen
they say artists need to be paid for their work, they're not being paid anyways.
record sales numbers are based on estimates, which means they really don't know how many are sold.
they say there's some moral obligation because the artist signed a contract they didn't understand.
60K,.which he blew on drugs.
how do you know?....

Most new bands offer there music for free or donation nowadays
making the bulk of income from live shows and merch sales has it worked really well for many artist and its awesome for music fans. ozzy and van halen are legends but there way of marketing music is old school

-Eddie Van Halen
how do you know?....
Ozzy said before meeting sharon he would just spend all his money
mostly on drugs

-Eddie Van Halen
how do you know?....
Ozzy said before meeting sharon he would just spend all his money
mostly on drugs
oh im sorry ....i thought he meant Randy....
blushing.gif

Forum List

Back