Music That Ships You Elsewhere

That's not The Nutcracker; it's the Waltz of the Flowers from it, probably the most emotionally delicious composition ever written. Particularly the viola section.

And a damn good choice.

I googled Waltz of the Flowers, that was the first one up.

Listened to it, it was what I wanted, cut/pasted

And you could not have picked a better section of that ballet. I put it on every year at Christmas and never get away with dry eyes. Probably because it was the first piece of music I ever latched on to.

Let me show you a REALLY cool version. Two people on water glasses.

That's not The Nutcracker; it's the Waltz of the Flowers from it, probably the most emotionally delicious composition ever written. Particularly the viola section.

And a damn good choice.

And you could not have picked a better section of that ballet. I put it on every year at Christmas and never get away with dry eyes. Probably because it was the first piece of music I ever latched on to.

Must take them forever to 'tune' their 'instruments'

And a damn good choice.

Must take them forever to 'tune' their 'instruments'

You have to wonder -- after you've tuned the last glass how much water has evaporated from the first one? :eusa_think:

Here's another he/she collaboration, much easier to tune. And saves money on instruments -----

Check out how one picks while the other frets (starting at 0:50). My favorite part is at 2:11 where she knocks his hand away.

Last edited:
More in the conventional vein, this particular work has always transported me very far indeed. And it brings you back, right around the Beatle reference at 13:48. A very circular song.

Forum List

Back