music industry kisses Clinton asses

sitarro

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2003
USA
Bill Clinton Wins Second Grammy

Sun Feb 13, 6:13 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former U.S. President Bill Clinton (news - web sites) won the second Grammy Award of his career on Sunday, when he was honored in the spoken word category for his best-selling memoir "My Life."
Clinton, who was not present to accept his award at the Los Angeles Convention Center, also won a Grammy last year in the spoken word for children category. His wife, U.S. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (news - web sites), won a spoken word Grammy in 1997 for her memoir "It Takes A Village."

I haven't heard Bill's reading but I have heard some of Hillary's monotone , inhuman , drivel . . . I now understand why the Grammys have become such a joke.

The music industry - what a joke! I firmly believe that they would give Bill a grammy for a recording of his constipated groaning.

Kind of makes you nostalgic for the good old days of - say - Milli Vanilli, doesn't it?

I do. I am a musician, and I resent seeing one of the great loves of my life bastardized in the name of politics.

And, no - I don't mean Bill.

musicman said:
I do. I am a musician, and I resent seeing one of the great loves of my life bastardized in the name of politics.

And, no - I don't mean Bill.

Maybe you shouldn't take mainstream awards ceremonies so seriously.

nakedemperor said:
To sample a music industry legend (again)...

CRY ME A RIIIIVEEEEER :gives:

Sample , your generation's word for stealing something from someone who is actually creative and pretending it's yours . I do agree , who gives a fuck about such crap as fiddy cent , usher , punk daddy , or any of the other talentless asswipes that clog up the radio dial .

nakedemperor said:
Maybe you shouldn't take mainstream awards ceremonies so seriously.

Personally, I don't. But, they function as the canary in the coal mine - giving us a general idea of our culture's air quality.

We're dying.

sitarro said:
Bill Clinton Wins Second Grammy

Sun Feb 13, 6:13 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former U.S. President Bill Clinton (news - web sites) won the second Grammy Award of his career on Sunday, when he was honored in the spoken word category for his best-selling memoir "My Life."
Clinton, who was not present to accept his award at the Los Angeles Convention Center, also won a Grammy last year in the spoken word for children category. His wife, U.S. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (news - web sites), won a spoken word Grammy in 1997 for her memoir "It Takes A Village."

I haven't heard Bill's reading but I have heard some of Hillary's monotone , inhuman , drivel . . . I now understand why the Grammys have become such a joke.
This is too good to pass up

Bill Clinton also won a Grammy for his song "For all the girls I've picked up then tried to discredit before" (apologies to Willy Nelson)

Perhaps Hollywood could come up with a few special honors for Bubba and his friends, too!

Bill Clinton --- Best Actor for his portrayal of an innocent man during a press conference

Bill Clinton --- best obfuscation under oath for his "meaning of 'is' " performance (also, best perjury while under oath, best obstruction of justice, best obstruction of a federal investigation, best misuse of government property, best selling your country out to the Chinese, best pardoning of guilty as the devil criminals ....)

Bill Clinton --- best impeachment proceedings by a President during the 20th century

Bill Clinton --- best perverted act with a cigar with a woman young enough to be your daughter

Bill Clinton --- Best Actor 2 for his portrayal of a victim of the vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Bill and Hillary Clinton --- Best making off with the White House china, silverware, furniture and anything else that wasn't bolted down

Hillary Clinton --- Best Actress for her portrayal of the long suffering wife who knew absolutely nothing of her husband's affair with an intern

Hillary Clinton --- Best Actress for her portrayal of a morally bankrupt, ambitious, stop at nothing bitch who would sell her mother to the .... wait that's not an act!

Monica Lewinsky --- best sword swallowing act (or something close) while wearing a blue dress and kneepads

Madeline Albright --- best portrayal of a failed foreign policy

Janet Reno --- best portrayal of an inept Attorney General for her role in the Waco incident

Al Gore -- best outrageous claim for his crediting himself for inventing the Internet

Al Gore -- best Sore Loser of a presidential election

James Carville --- best presidential patsy and outright apologist (also best impersonation of Uncle Fester by a member of a presidential administration)

Sir Evil said:
Agree with MM on this one. what happened to the days when music was about rebelling, a thinbg for a good escape? too much politics in anf form of music sucks as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed, SE. Funny how they still call popular music the voice of rebellion, while all the artists line up in lockstep with the correct liberal views. They all look the same, they all sound the same, and they all parrot political orthodoxy.

Maybe soon a real rebel will come along!

20 or so "stars" all lined up singing "something's gonna change my world" ??

Those rebels!!! man was that sad !!

musicman said:
Agreed, SE. Funny how they still call popular music the voice of rebellion, while all the artists line up in lockstep with the correct liberal views. They all look the same, they all sound the same, and they all parrot political orthodoxy.

Maybe soon a real rebel will come along!

"Leather boots are still in style for manly footwear, beads and roman sandals won't be seen, football is the roughest thing on campus, and the kids here still respect the college dean."

I'm sorry, don't ding me.

KarlMarx said:
This is too good to pass up

Bill Clinton also won a Grammy for his song "For all the girls I've picked up then tried to discredit before" (apologies to Willy Nelson)

Perhaps Hollywood could come up with a few special honors for Bubba and his friends, too!

Bill Clinton --- Best Actor for his portrayal of an innocent man during a press conference

Bill Clinton --- best obfuscation under oath for his "meaning of 'is' " performance (also, best perjury while under oath, best obstruction of justice, best obstruction of a federal investigation, best misuse of government property, best selling your country out to the Chinese, best pardoning of guilty as the devil criminals ....)

Bill Clinton --- best impeachment proceedings by a President during the 20th century

Bill Clinton --- best perverted act with a cigar with a woman young enough to be your daughter

Bill Clinton --- Best Actor 2 for his portrayal of a victim of the vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Bill and Hillary Clinton --- Best making off with the White House china, silverware, furniture and anything else that wasn't bolted down

Hillary Clinton --- Best Actress for her portrayal of the long suffering wife who knew absolutely nothing of her husband's affair with an intern

Hillary Clinton --- Best Actress for her portrayal of a morally bankrupt, ambitious, stop at nothing bitch who would sell her mother to the .... wait that's not an act!

Monica Lewinsky --- best sword swallowing act (or something close) while wearing a blue dress and kneepads

Madeline Albright --- best portrayal of a failed foreign policy

Janet Reno --- best portrayal of an inept Attorney General for her role in the Waco incident

Al Gore -- best outrageous claim for his crediting himself for inventing the Internet

Al Gore -- best Sore Loser of a presidential election

James Carville --- best presidential patsy and outright apologist (also best impersonation of Uncle Fester by a member of a presidential administration)

Thanks a lot Karl , I showered my keyboard with coffee while reading this post!
:laugh: They need to come up with a smiley for that , take a sip of coffee and then spit it up laughing.

Said1 said:
"Leather boots are still in style for manly footwear, beads and roman sandals won't be seen, football is the roughest thing on campus, and the kids here still respect the college dean."

I'm sorry, don't ding me.

Ding you, hell - if my computer was working right, I'd point you!

Merle Haggard is a great American philosopher - nothing less.

musicman said:
Ding you, hell - if my computer was working right, I'd point you!

Merle Haggard is a great American philosopher - nothing less.

I like him too! I didn't want you to think I was makin fun of ya, that's all. :)

Forum List

Back