Muscle Beats Import.

I LOVE muscle cars. I was glad to see that Ford remembered why folks bought Mustangs in the first place. The Mustang (and its derivatives) is a muscle car and not a family sedan (or coupe).

Bluntly, I find muscle cars ridiculous in todays driving. They sit in traffic using buku fuel, going excactly as fast as a three cylinder Geo.

Now I like fast cas, and have built a few engines for fun. But it is no fun sitting in stalled traffic with a built engine tearing itself up in a lumpy idle.

Best to build a car like that for exclusive use on a race track.

And most American muscle cars handle like shit.

Bluntly, I find muscle cars ridiculous in todays driving. They sit in traffic using buku fuel, going excactly as fast as a three cylinder Geo.

Now I like fast cas, and have built a few engines for fun. But it is no fun sitting in stalled traffic with a built engine tearing itself up in a lumpy idle.

Ah the joys of rural living...four traffic lights within the 5000 square miles area around my house. :woohoo:

Ah the joys of rural living...four traffic lights within the 5000 square miles area around my house. :woohoo:
Funny how Rocks can't even imagine any sort of world outside the one immediately surrounding him where that car would be desirable.

First car was a 1972 Chevelle. 350ci, turbo 350 trans (went through 4 of them because I was quite the asshole back then), corvette rallyes, couple thousand dollars worth of mods, and mother fucking PRIMER GRAY, baby!

I've had a bunch of vehicles since then, old and new, and in hindsight the only one I ever really loved was that one.

Funny how Rocks can't even imagine any sort of world outside the one immediately surrounding him where that car would be desirable.

Funny how you are so totally wrong, as usual. Where I plan to retire, a county as big as some Eastern states, there are now two stop lights.

However, the majority of people live in the same circumstances as I do at present. Even in a very pleasant city such as Portland, you still have heavy traffic. A muscle car just doesn't do anything.

First car that I had that I really liked? 63 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500. 300 hp 390, 4 speed, and, after '64, over $1000 worth of suspension parts for handling. A lot of fun, then I decided to go to college. 13 mpg just wasn't sensible, holding part time jobs and going to school. Especially when one's major is geology, and you travel a lot to look at the subject. Sold the Ford, and bought a wrecked 1962 Volvo 544. 25+ mpg and I wasn't afraid of scratching it. Traveled all over Oregon and Washington, and parts of Idaho in that little rig.

Funny how you are so totally wrong, as usual. Where I plan to retire, a county as big as some Eastern states, there are now two stop lights.

However, the majority of people live in the same circumstances as I do at present. Even in a very pleasant city such as Portland, you still have heavy traffic. A muscle car just doesn't do anything.

First car that I had that I really liked? 63 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500. 300 hp 390, 4 speed, and, after '64, over $1000 worth of suspension parts for handling. A lot of fun, then I decided to go to college. 13 mpg just wasn't sensible, holding part time jobs and going to school. Especially when one's major is geology, and you travel a lot to look at the subject. Sold the Ford, and bought a wrecked 1962 Volvo 544. 25+ mpg and I wasn't afraid of scratching it. Traveled all over Oregon and Washington, and parts of Idaho in that little rig.
Good call retiring to another country. This one is going down the tubes if Obama continues on his track.

I am not retiring to another country. To another county, a very rural one in Oregon.

This nation survived Bush Jr., I am sure that it will survive President Obama. And I bet that he will not get us into a war of choice, based on lies. I doubt that the whole economy will be going down the tubes as it was after 8 years of Bush and the Republican's incompetance.

First and foremost I am an American. I don't need to go to another nation, I just need to help make this nation a better one.

I am not retiring to another country. To another county, a very rural one in Oregon.

This nation survived Bush Jr., I am sure that it will survive President Obama. And I bet that he will not get us into a war of choice, based on lies. I doubt that the whole economy will be going down the tubes as it was after 8 years of Bush and the Republican's incompetance.

First and foremost I am an American. I don't need to go to another nation, I just need to help make this nation a better one.

He'll just continue to fight Bush's "war of choice based on lies" and you'll continue to support him because he has a D after his name.

How did a thread about cars get political? :confused:

Let's get back on track, shall we?

Anyway, I LOVED my mustang, it was fast and yellow. I totaled it one rainy night, through no fault of my own of course.

I miss that car.

I saw a sweet red one while I was driving to work today,,,I'm thinking after Mini E goes to college it's time for a "fun" car for mom.

Jesus Christ, it's a thread about fast cars and you still can't help yourself from bringing up BOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH...........:cuckoo:

Was driving back from Practice and saw some really fugly Honda Civic all "Asian" Style.. Made me wanna ram him...

But lately, ive been having theese discussions with some Fellow Honda and Toyota owners telling me Muscle Cars are just a pieace of shit compared to Imports..

really?

I'd take this:

2007_hot_rod_power_tour_day_5_pictures_12_z+1969_camaro_rs_ss+side_view.jpg

Over this anyday..

090.jpg

Forum List

Back