Murtha Wants To Be Majority Leader

red states rule said:
It is fine to send a message, but if enough Republicans have your attitude (please, no disrespect intended) we could wake up on Nov 8th to Speaker Pelosi and Majority Leader Reid.

Ask what would you prefer, perhaps slightly better then waht we have now or the nightmare I just outlined above?

I agree with you. I wish more Republicans would think about this before they abandon the party because it isn't going exactly as they would like it to. And believe me, I am pretty angry over the whole border thing myself. Write your Congressman and the President and let them know how you feel, but be very careful how you vote.

I seriously doubt the Dems would do this if they were in power. When Clinton moved to the center, he ticked off a lot of Dems, but they re-elected him nonetheless. Better the devil you know...

Abbey Normal said:
I agree with you. I wish more Republicans would think about this before they abandon the party because it isn't going exactly as they would like it to. And believe me, I am pretty angry over the whole border thing myself. Write your Congressman and the President and let them know how you feel, but be very careful how you vote.

I seriously doubt the Dems would do this if they were in power. When Clinton moved to the center, he ticked off a lot of Dems, but they re-elected him nonetheless. Better the devil you know...

I don't want 'devils'. I've written as have many. What was the response? A marriage amendment proposal they knew would be shot down. Sorry, as much as I'd like to, just not going to follow that logic anymore. We do not deserve condescension and spinning from our own party.

rtwngAvngr said:
Don't be so sure. I used to be like you. Then the port deal, and the border morass. These republicans are selling out america for satan's gold.

Your ports deal is a bunch of crap. The port was NOT being sold. Only the management was being changed. The US Coast Guard and the long shoremen would still be there. The deal would have been good for business with NO security risk

It was overblown and I was shocked to see conservatives buying the liberal media spin.

red states rule said:
Your ports deal is a bunch of crap. The port was NOT being sold. Only the management was being changed. The US Coast Guard and the long shoremen would still be there. The deal would have been good for business with NO security risk

It was overblown and I was shocked to see conservatives buying the liberal media spin.

The UAE is an islamofascist dictatorship. They must learn our security protocols to operate the port. This unnecesarily compromises the system. Your ignorant defense of this insanity indicates your own stupidity. Rush isn't always right. Don't be shocked, it was a bad idea.

Kathianne said:
I don't want 'devils'. I've written as have many. What was the response? A marriage amendment proposal they knew would be shot down. Sorry, as much as I'd like to, just not going to follow that logic anymore. We do not deserve condescension and spinning from our own party.

Then the future could very well be pretty much as red states rule outlined. I want no part of ushering that in.

Abbey Normal said:
Then the future could very well be pretty much as red states rule outlined. I want no part of ushering that in.

For me it comes out to, 'I want things better than I found them', whether country, party, teaching, raising my kids.

The party will only be as good as the members hold it to. I don't expect perfect, lord knows. I will not accept/condone the leadership acting like their supporters are idiots.

rtwngAvngr said:
The UAE is an islamofascist dictatorship. They must learn our security protocols to operate the port. This unnecesarily compromises the system. Your ignorant defense of this insanity indicates your own stupidity. Rush isn't always right. Don't be shocked, it was a bad idea.

Apparently you do not know all the facts - your personal attacks shows your limited intelligence and ability to debate the issues

Now read slow - so you do not miss anything. The US Coast Gurad will still be on partol. Customs will still be checking in the cargo. Union thugs ( and the Mafia) will still be on the docks.

The ONLY thing to change is the management of the port.

red states rule said:
Rep Murtha (D-PA) sent out a letter saying he wants to be House Majority Leader WHEN the Dems take control of the House in November

Perhaps Motor Mouth Murtha is not up on current events. The Dems lost a huge election this past Tues in CA 50th. This was an important election the Dems had to win IF they had a prayer of taking the House back

Murtha is the modern day George McGovern. He is helping to lead the Dems into a political abyss. I for one am stepping aside

I heard this on the news and immediately thought "Go Murtha" keep offering:rotflmao:

Bonnie said:
I'd love to see a Good Conservative Independant candidtate step foward that could actually win!!

Me too! Especially a problem with Ill. GOP. On the national level for 2008, I hope Red States is correct: Guiliani and Jeb. I'd settle for Condi at #2.

red states rule said:
Apparently you do not know all the facts - your personal attacks shows your limited intelligence and ability to debate the issues

Now read slow - so you do not miss anything. The US Coast Gurad will still be on partol. Customs will still be checking in the cargo. Union thugs ( and the Mafia) will still be on the docks.

Sorry for the personal attacks. But you're just not thinking it through. Of course port management must know security policies in order to facilitate their implementation. Like which line items on container prompt an inspection etc etc.

Letting the UAE in on this information is not good. But you keep buying the neocon lies.

Kathianne said:
Me too! Especially a problem with Ill. GOP. On the national level for 2008, I hope Red States is correct: Guiliani and Jeb. I'd settle for Condi at #2.

Might be more suited for a new thread, but I have no objection if it gets started here - who would you like to see in 2008?

I really do not see any other conservatives that would get more votes the Rudy and Jeb

While the Dems have only either tin foil hat kooks or tired old retreads, I do not see anyone who could pose a threat to the Republicans winning the Electoral College

What do you think?

red states rule said:
Might be more suited for a new thread, but I have no objection if it gets started here - who would you like to see in 2008?

I really do not see any other conservatives that would get more votes the Rudy and Jeb

While the Dems have only either tin foil hat kooks or tired old retreads, I do not see anyone who could pose a threat to the Republicans winning the Electoral College

What do you think?
As I said, I'm happy with those. No McCain and no Frist!

Kathianne said:
As I said, I'm happy with those. No McCain and no Frist!

McCain and Frist would never get through the primaries. I will enjoy watching McCain meltdown when the voters tell him to go home

red states rule said:
Very true. In PA, where I live, Republicans threw out 14 Republicans incumbents in last months primary.

It can be done. We can kick out the RINO's (Snow, McCain, Collins, ect) if we get off our ass and VOTE!

Hey I voted in the Primary and Spector still pulled it off somehow. What really frustrates me is he was once a prosecutor and should know better in some of the positions he takes because of his own personal experience.

As for Murtha, I couldnt care less. He wont be majority leader, he will be lucky if he is minority leader, because why i doubt Pelosi is going to remain in that position forever, I have no doubt that she is going to use everything she can to sink him as well. Dems are going to turn on each other and rip each other apart.

It is nice when libs tear into each other

It will really make me happy if Gore takes on Hillary. That will be worth watching

red states rule said:

So it is a good idea to have a soveriegn foriegn nation "managing" one of our busiest ports? I don't care how good it is for business. The facts won't change the fact that it is a simplistically bad idea.

Forum List

Back