Murphy Brown and Unmarried Moms

The branch of Liberalism known as 'feminism' has destroyed women.

To be specific....what is known in the literature as Second Wave Feminism...."The slogan 'the personal is political' sums up the way in which Second Wave Feminism did not just strive to extend the range of social opportunities open to women, but also, through intervention within the spheres of reproduction, sexuality and cultural representation, to change their domestic and private lives."
http://www.georgetowncollege.edu/Departments/ws/1st,_2nd,_3rd_wave.htm
The true end game of feminism was lesbianism. :cool:

Interesting observation....and certainly true for some, but only a tiny part of the 'feminism' picture.
This requires a little history….

1. . “Under Horkheimer’s leadership the Neo-Marxist hotbed, the Frankfurt School, attracted some brilliant scholars and intellectuals such as Theodor Adorno, Eric Fromm, Wilhelm Reich, Walter Benjamin, Leo Lowenthal and Herbert Marcuse. Like Trotsky, Luxemburg, Lukacs, Bela Kun and other notable European Marxists in the early 1900s, many of the Frankfurt scholars were secular Jews, a fact that the Nazis successfully exploited in their propaganda regarding a “Jewish conspiracy” of Communist intellectuals who were perverting German society.” http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2005_docs/PC1.pdf

a. The Critical Theorists held a common commitment to Neo-Marxism and the belief that Western civilization has been an imperialistic and repressive force in human history – especially, Western Christianity. In their view, Western civilization was built on aggression, oppression, racism, slavery, classism and sexual repression.

b. It had to be destroyed to assure the victory of Marxism. For this reason, there is a straight line from the Frankfurt School to the formation in many colleges and universities of programs, and departments of African-American Studies, Ethnic Studies, Feminist Studies, Peace Studies, and LGBT (Lesbian/Gay/Bi-sexual/Transgender) Studies.

2. In short, feminism is but one facet of the many headed-hydra called Leftism.

3. As such, it is no more than gender-dressed totalitarianism. Proof that its aim is to dictate to women, exactly what they can and cannot do? Sure:

a. Logical as it seems that women should be prepared for events such as divorce and widowhood, marriage and family may reduce opportunities for outside work or education. But the solution, according to Simone de Beauvoir in an interview with Betty Friedan is “No woman should be authorized to stay at home and raise her children. Society should be totally different. Women should not have that choice precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one.”
“Sex, Society, and the Female Dilemma,” Saturday Review, June 14, 1975, p. 18.

b. Like all totalitarian movements, the goal is not to give more freedom, but to take away choice.

4. So, rather than based on sexual preference, feminism is just one more way of splintering the electorate, and telling each segment that it is being 'oppressed'...and only big government can cave them.

Again with the Marxists!

th

I've had 5 Dads.What a lucky guy I is. Of course only one wants anything to do with me and he is not my biological Dad.
I was a single parent(1986-1993) We did ok. My son is now 28 and drives a semi across the nation. In no way did he fail in society or in maturity. He is not a drunk, drug abuser or criminal. I believe you people must have forgotten about the 50% divorce rate that has been with us for a generation. Try not to make a mountain out of a molehill.

The decline of a two parent household is not a molehill.

I've had 5 Dads.What a lucky guy I is. Of course only one wants anything to do with me and he is not my biological Dad.
I was a single parent(1986-1993) We did ok. My son is now 28 and drives a semi across the nation. In no way did he fail in society or in maturity. He is not a drunk, drug abuser or criminal. I believe you people must have forgotten about the 50% divorce rate that has been with us for a generation. Try not to make a mountain out of a molehill.

You did a good job with your boy.
Not everyone is like you. The statistics are dispositive.

"I believe you people must have forgotten about the 50% divorce rate..."
There is no 50% divorce rate.

"Contradicting the endless New York Times articles celebrating "the new American family," "blended families" and "quasi marriages," a recent census report says that only 12 percent of Americans will be married as many as two times in their entire lives. Only 3 percent will be married three or more times.

(The "one of every two marriages will end in divorce" canard comes from comparing the number of marriages in a given year to the number of divorces that same year -- but the divorces could be from any of the millions of marriages consummated in the prior several decades. Serial divorcers also bring the "average" divorce rate way up.)"
Why Larry King Will Never Be President | Conservative News, Views & Books

The story of ever-increasing divorce is a powerful narrative. It is also wrong. In fact, the divorce rate has been falling continuously over the past quarter-century, and is now at its lowest level since 1970. While marriage rates are also declining, those marriages that do occur are increasingly more stable.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/29/opinion/29wolfers.html

Oh! God! Here we go again....
Us single moms are pure evil. The humanity!

The set of all single moms invests the statistics.
They have been shown to be correct over and over.

As for whether or not they apply to you....if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

And don't try to apply your experiences and situation to all single mothers.

The true end game of feminism was lesbianism. :cool:

Interesting observation....and certainly true for some, but only a tiny part of the 'feminism' picture.
This requires a little history….

1. . “Under Horkheimer’s leadership the Neo-Marxist hotbed, the Frankfurt School, attracted some brilliant scholars and intellectuals such as Theodor Adorno, Eric Fromm, Wilhelm Reich, Walter Benjamin, Leo Lowenthal and Herbert Marcuse. Like Trotsky, Luxemburg, Lukacs, Bela Kun and other notable European Marxists in the early 1900s, many of the Frankfurt scholars were secular Jews, a fact that the Nazis successfully exploited in their propaganda regarding a “Jewish conspiracy” of Communist intellectuals who were perverting German society.” http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2005_docs/PC1.pdf

a. The Critical Theorists held a common commitment to Neo-Marxism and the belief that Western civilization has been an imperialistic and repressive force in human history – especially, Western Christianity. In their view, Western civilization was built on aggression, oppression, racism, slavery, classism and sexual repression.

b. It had to be destroyed to assure the victory of Marxism. For this reason, there is a straight line from the Frankfurt School to the formation in many colleges and universities of programs, and departments of African-American Studies, Ethnic Studies, Feminist Studies, Peace Studies, and LGBT (Lesbian/Gay/Bi-sexual/Transgender) Studies.

2. In short, feminism is but one facet of the many headed-hydra called Leftism.

3. As such, it is no more than gender-dressed totalitarianism. Proof that its aim is to dictate to women, exactly what they can and cannot do? Sure:

a. Logical as it seems that women should be prepared for events such as divorce and widowhood, marriage and family may reduce opportunities for outside work or education. But the solution, according to Simone de Beauvoir in an interview with Betty Friedan is “No woman should be authorized to stay at home and raise her children. Society should be totally different. Women should not have that choice precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one.”
“Sex, Society, and the Female Dilemma,” Saturday Review, June 14, 1975, p. 18.

b. Like all totalitarian movements, the goal is not to give more freedom, but to take away choice.

4. So, rather than based on sexual preference, feminism is just one more way of splintering the electorate, and telling each segment that it is being 'oppressed'...and only big government can cave them.

Again with the Marxists!

th

Just because it is outside of your ken doesn't mean it isn't the truth.

I'd be happy to provide a syllabus for your study.

Your opening statement is anecdotal, your second says nothing about the fact that a mother and a father is the ideal situation. Just because someone is not a criminal or drunk does not mean they would not have benefited from a good father.
Period.

Having a father in a child's life is extremely crucial for a normal socialization process.

Children without a father in the home enter adult life with a psychological and emotional deficit from which many never recover from. :cool:

Maybe men should stop getting women pregnant then.

I have no respect at all for men who have sex with women and then abandon them when they get pregnant.

A man who will not support his own kids isn't much of a man in my book.

Getting a woman pregnant is so easy that most pimply-faced, 150-pound, 15 year-old teenagers can do it. And yet some pseudo-macho losers seem to think it is a sign of manhood. What a bunch of stupid assholes.

The man who has the capacity and the desire to support his children is the real man.

As for whether or not they apply to you....if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

And don't try to apply your experiences with single mothers, or whomever you have copy and pasted from to me. ;)

Having a father in a child's life is extremely crucial for a normal socialization process.

Children without a father in the home enter adult life with a psychological and emotional deficit from which many never recover from. :cool:

I have no respect at all for men who have sex with women and then abandon them when they get pregnant.

Getting a woman pregnant is so easy that most pimply-faced, 150-pound, 15 year-old teenagers can do it. And yet some pseudo-macho losers seem to think it is a sign of manhood. What a bunch of stupid assholes.

The man who has the capacity and the desire to support his children is the real man.

I wish others could see that single mothers that don't abandon their children in a similar manner are doing the right thing.

Other than that, Ann Coulter only wishes someone would want to even think about having a child with her. Without gagging.

Sadly.....it's probably too late to turn the clock back.

But reactionary conservatives are going to try, nonetheless; even if it means violating the civil liberties of every person in the United States.

The OP is a classic example of the moralistic totalitarianism of the right, as expressed by the arrogance and fear of social conservatives – exhibiting their contempt for diversity, dissent, and individualism, where individual liberty and the freedom to pursue one’s personal identity must be made subject to the state and religious dogma.

All families are of equal value, whether made of two parents or one, or parents of the same-sex.

There is no ‘decline,’ rather, change – change can be difficult, but is unavoidable, and often necessary.

Conservatives need to stop their pointless effort to drag society back to an idealized American past that never really existed to begin with.

The decline of a two parent household is not a molehill.

And it's not an accident.

And don't try to apply your experiences with single mothers, or whomever you have copy and pasted from to me. ;)

'Because a single parent home is not a stable home. A single parent will, in the majority of cases, still be looking for a mate. This means there will be a progression of different candidates popping in and out of the child's life during their formative years-- above and beyond the obvious fact that the child will be missing one parent or the other. And, of course, if a child is abused, statistically that abuse is most likely to occur at the hands of their mother's boyfriend. Second most likely? Stepfather. (I'm not being sexist. Women simply abuse children less frequently.)

Not to mention, a single-parent home is less financially stable than a two-parent home, whether the latter is single or dual income. A parent who must support both a career and a young child is going to end up neglecting one or the other. At least, in dual-income families, there are two adults present, even if they're not available full-time.

Children deserve to have parents. While the reality of abandonment and divorce in our society-- which sorely needs corrected-- means that this isn't always possible, it would still benefit our society to discourage, by every means possible, people deliberately choosing single parenthood.
Then the surviving parent, like the custodial parent after a divorce, hopefully does the best they can. Some situations simply can't be helped, and I'm not going to suggest that we should punish people for making the best of a bad situation.

But when the situation can be prevented, as in the case of single would-be parents attempting to adopt or seek fertility treatments, I think that the State has a compelling interested in preventing it.'
The above was written by another board member back in 2009.

Read it and try to learn from it.

I wish others could see that single mothers that don't abandon their children in a similar manner are doing the right thing.

Other than that, Ann Coulter only wishes someone would want to even think about having a child with her. Without gagging.

Why would you go there....?

I suppose you realize that your position fail to address the point.

The point?
The 60's 'if it feels good, do it' attitude has doomed the children who result
form the mistakes, the poor judgement, of said 'parents.'

How many times must you see the deleterious statistics before you stop pushing the blame other than where it belongs?

Sadly.....it's probably too late to turn the clock back.

But reactionary conservatives are going to try, nonetheless; even if it means violating the civil liberties of every person in the United States.

The OP is a classic example of the moralistic totalitarianism of the right, as expressed by the arrogance and fear of social conservatives – exhibiting their contempt for diversity, dissent, and individualism, where individual liberty and the freedom to pursue one’s personal identity must be made subject to the state and religious dogma.

All families are of equal value, whether made of two parents or one, or parents of the same-sex.

There is no ‘decline,’ rather, change – change can be difficult, but is unavoidable, and often necessary.

Conservatives need to stop their pointless effort to drag society back to an idealized American past that never really existed to begin with.

"All families are of equal value, whether made of two parents or one, or parents of the same-sex."

You cannot be this dumb, C_Chamber_Pot....can you?

All you do is spew the Leftist propaganda.....

....in the face of the facts.

The facts?

No, all 'families' do not provide the same value, the same chances for children.

You, and those who.....I almost said 'think'....support what you support, are the problem.

Hard to believe that there are so-called educated people who will refuse reality because the reality is based on conservative principles.

Morality and commitment weren't always restricted to conservatives.

If we didn't pay women for their career of having babies how many would do the right thing? Stop giving welfare based on how many children a woman is popping out.

Forum List

Back