Murkowski Leads By Over 10,000 Votes

Joe Miller sucked! Cutting off the media, because they asked tough question about his checkered past. Poor little guy.

I'm happy to see Joe Miller lose, but most of his positions you list here I have no problem with.

(2) Wants to eliminate minimum wage! Sorry about the manufacturing jobs we are losing to China and the 3rd world pay higher than minimum wage! Weak fucking argument!

Third world nations do not get paid more than our minimum wage, not even close. Many people in those nations are lucky to get paid as much as a $1 a day. I have no clue where you pulled that absurdity from. All the minimum wage does is artificially inflate wages above what the market would pay for those skills and makes prices more expensive. But since very few people in the U.S. today even make minimum wage it's almost useless to have it anymore anyway.

(3) Wants to get rid of unemployment benefits! Now that he is umemployed, I bet he is glad they are in place. Extending them forever is good, but they are needed help people transition to another job at their lowest point!

It's not the government's responsibility to give people money when they don't have a job. It's their responsibility to find a job as soon as possible or they can turn to their family, friends, private charity for help. Responsible people also have money saved up in case of instances like this.

(4) End Farm Subsidies - Yea let's make sure all our food is imported, so that we rely on foreigners for manufactured good, energy (oil) and FOOD! Fucking moron!

Explain to us how ending farms subsidies is going to cause all of our food to be imported, especially when it's not uncommon for our government to pay farmers not to grow anything at all. Farm subsidies are another wasteful corporate welfare entitlement. In fact, the bulk of these subsidies go to big, wealthy corporate farmers, so you should hate it.

(5) Privatize all education! Yea because when that was the case in America (and most countries) a good portion of the country (mainly the poor) couldn't afford to educate their children and opted out!

I don't know that his suggestion is the answer, but our current public education system is sure as hell a failure. Allowing for school choice and tying the money to follow the student would go a long way in improving public education.

(6) Senators shouldn't be elected by the people, but by State Legislators! In IL, that would mean Kirk wouldn't be representing the State! Fucking moron!

You do realize that Senators were never elected by the people until 1913 right? It was done via the 17th Amendment and by doing so became one of the largest power grabs by the Federal government because it basically gutted the 10th Amendment and states' powers. Were we still operating under a state appointed U.S. Senate all of these unfunded mandates like No Child Left Behind, the health care bill, etc. would have never seen the light of day.

Oh I think Murkowski will work out any differences she has with both the RNC and the TP. I think they will both figure out how to work together to attain their goals.

Should be interesting.

Oh I think Murkowski will work out any differences she has with both the RNC and the TP. I think they will both figure out how to work together to attain their goals.

Should be interesting.

Let's see.....Murkowski still wants to bring earmarks back to Alaska. The Tea Party says "no". How exactly will THAT work out?

Rebuttels in red

Joe Miller sucked! Cutting off the media, because they asked tough question about his checkered past. Poor little guy.

I'm happy to see Joe Miller lose, but most of his positions you list here I have no problem with.

(2) Wants to eliminate minimum wage! Sorry about the manufacturing jobs we are losing to China and the 3rd world pay higher than minimum wage! Weak fucking argument!

Third world nations do not get paid more than our minimum wage, not even close. Many people in those nations are lucky to get paid as much as a $1 a day. I have no clue where you pulled that absurdity from. All the minimum wage does is artificially inflate wages above what the market would pay for those skills and makes prices more expensive. But since very few people in the U.S. today even make minimum wage it's almost useless to have it anymore anyway.

I might have phrased it in a confusing way! The manufacturing jobs we are losing pay more than the minimum wage in AMERICA! Just as making auto parts or computer chips in an American Plant pays the American workers more tha $7.50 an hour!

It's not the government's responsibility to give people money when they don't have a job. It's their responsibility to find a job as soon as possible or they can turn to their family, friends, private charity for help. Responsible people also have money saved up in case of instances like this.

Sorry but I don't buy the argument that is always tossed around not the government job! There are some good entitlement programs, unemployment is one of them!

Explain to us how ending farms subsidies is going to cause all of our food to be imported, especially when it's not uncommon for our government to pay farmers not to grow anything at all. Farm subsidies are another wasteful corporate welfare entitlement. In fact, the bulk of these subsidies go to big, wealthy corporate farmers, so you should hate it.

I think there are essential industries in which out government MUST provide an artificial advantage to - FOOD PRODUCTION is one of them!

(5) Privatize all education! Yea because when that was the case in America (and most countries) a good portion of the country (mainly the poor) couldn't afford to educate their children and opted out!

I don't know that his suggestion is the answer, but our current public education system is sure as hell a failure. Allowing for school choice and tying the money to follow the student would go a long way in improving public education.

Without a doubt schooling in the inner city and poor rural and other poor areas have major problems! HOWEVER, rich suburban schools and rich small towns have excellent educational systems! So the problem areas are the poor areas, is the solution to privatize the poor areas? How many families would pay money to send their children to school, when they barely have money to live off of?

(6) Senators shouldn't be elected by the people, but by State Legislators! In IL, that would mean Kirk wouldn't be representing the State! Fucking moron!

You do realize that Senators were never elected by the people until 1913 right? It was done via the 17th Amendment and by doing so became one of the largest power grabs by the Federal government because it basically gutted the 10th Amendment and states' powers. Were we still operating under a state appointed U.S. Senate all of these unfunded mandates like No Child Left Behind, the health care bill, etc. would have never seen the light of day.

I am aware of when the 17th amendment was ratified, but your 10th amendment bullshit is utterly flawed at best!

Should be interesting.

Let's see.....Murkowski still wants to bring earmarks back to Alaska. The Tea Party says "no". How exactly will THAT work out?

Peep brain, you realize A LOT of Republicans are Porker! Includiing Ron Paul!

Should be interesting.

Actually, it's the Republicans saying no. The Tea Partiers are a smaller subset of the GOP at this point and while they have influence, they aren't calling the shots.

It's kind of funny watching the dimocrats seemingly jumping up and down with joy over Murkowski beating Miller in the election. The irony of that? A Republican still wins the seat. Isn't that grand? :lol:

It's kind of funny watching the dimocrats seemingly jumping up and down with joy over Murkowski beating Miller in the election. The irony of that? A Republican still wins the seat. Isn't that grand? :lol:

That's simply because they see it as a defeat of Palin. That's what this whole op/thread was about basically, just more Palin bashing. :cuckoo:

I know you have a small brain, but in case you didn't notice, during the primaries none of Miller's extremely checkered past came to light! He did little to displace the fears. He gave crap interviews and then like a pussy he publicly stated he will shun the media! VOTERS don't like when a politician in an election is shunning the media, the justifiably believe the douche bag has something to hide!

In primaries mostly the party members vote, but in general elections everyone votes including independents!

he's not real bright... and he's also forgetting that there were dems in alaska, too.. and an awful lot of them went to cast a write-in ballot for murkowski.

the loon thinks he's representative of the electorate. isn't that funny?

I don't see why people don't get it! During primaries many things don't come to light and/or most people aren't really paying that much attention. It was the same thing in the O'Donnell case. The primaries were a cast as a clash of principles. However, O'Donnell's checkered past came right to front stage and sunk her!

I've said it before here, I'll say it again.

A lot of the Tea Party folks were easily taken advantage of by their willingness to vote for anyone that mouthed the right words. They tossed out known quantities and the vetting process so they could get "outsiders" that claimed to have their values.

The Result? O'Donnell and Miller and Angle and a whole host of other Tea Party candidates that have turned out to be bat shit crazy once they have an open mic.

The truly hillarious thing about this is the fact it means the GOP wasted money on Miller only to get Murkowski. That was money that could have been spent in other closer races. So yeah, Murkowski goes to the Senate on the GOP's side, but the money spent to make the Tea Party happy is lost forever.

The fact it shows once again that Palin lacks any sort of actual ability to understand how these races work is a bonus. It was the New York Special Election all over again, i.e. a race that was clearly the GOP's and got blown to hell by Palin riding in to save the day.

Should be interesting.

Actually, it's the Republicans saying no. The Tea Partiers are a smaller subset of the GOP at this point and while they have influence, they aren't calling the shots.

Bingo.

I think the GOP and the TP will be able to work out any differences they might have. I think they will end up working together quite well.

As I said. Should be interesting.

Last edited:

That's simply because they see it as a defeat of Palin. That's what this whole op/thread was about basically, just more Palin bashing. :cuckoo:

Not really. It is a basic fault of palin, which was pointed out when she was running for VP. She doesn't bother to get any facts before she makes statements, quite the opposite--she seems quite proud of the fact that she doesn't read anything or actually investigate things.

Not really. It is a basic fault of palin, which was pointed out when she was running for VP. She doesn't bother to get any facts before she makes statements, quite the opposite--she seems quite proud of the fact that she doesn't read anything or actually investigate things.

Yeah. Okay. :cuckoo:

Face it. She's bashable.

Just like the Steelers.

thus humiliating Sarah Palin in her home state

and soreloser Miller wants hand recount.

now why haven't the rightwingnuts been posing thread after thread about this?

Sen. Lisa Murkowski enjoys an apparently insurmountable 10,400-vote lead over Joe Miller after the weeklong review of write-in ballots. But the Miller campaign isn't giving up and says Alaska's computerized voting system is "suspect."

The Miller campaign wants the Division of Elections to recount the entire Senate race by hand, spokesman Randy DeSoto said Tuesday night.

Read more: Senator leads; Miller wants hand recount: 2010 Alaska U.S. Senate election | adn.com

didn't the right tell us the Diebold machines were just hunky dory and peachy keen when Bush took Ohio in 2004? All of a sudden voting machines aren't reliable???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why are you confusing the establishment with "the right"?

I'm a rightie who thinks voting machines are a disgrace.

Yay..the far right bat shit crazy Conservative is beating out the ultra right wing, plays with his own poop, militant bat shit crazy Conservative.

We can rest easy now.

you know, not every person on the right is evil.

murkowski happened to be a very good senator. she brought a ton of cash to her state. any intelligent person would have looked at that in casting their vote. as tip o'neill said, "all politics is local".

and now she isn't beholden to the repubs b/c they abandoned her for the teaparty loon.

should make for an interesting senate term.

Where did I say she was evil?

She's far right wing and extremist.

She wants to take away a woman's right to choose.

She voted against stimulus packages to help small businesses, health care reform and a good deal of regulation against big business.

Nailed it. From the first line in the OP:
jillian said:
thus humiliating Sarah Palin in her home state

The obsession with all things Palin continues.

Yay..the far right bat shit crazy Conservative is beating out the ultra right wing, plays with his own poop, militant bat shit crazy Conservative.

We can rest easy now.

you know, not every person on the right is evil.

murkowski happened to be a very good senator. she brought a ton of cash to her state. any intelligent person would have looked at that in casting their vote. as tip o'neill said, "all politics is local".

and now she isn't beholden to the repubs b/c they abandoned her for the teaparty loon.

should make for an interesting senate term.

You really can't say they abandoned her. She lost the primaries. What were they supposed to do?

New Topics

Forum List

Back