Murdoch

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
"For decades, Rupert Murdoch has been the most powerful media mogul on earth – anointing, manipulating and intimidating political leaders across the globe, including U.S. presidents.

"Headquartered in the U.S., Murdoch’s News Corp. owns dozens of American outlets including Fox News, Fox Broadcasting, Wall Street Journal and New York Post. His outlets are powerful opinion-shapers; no one pushed harder for the Iraq invasion than Murdoch and his media.

"A British Parliamentary committee recently declared Rupert Murdoch “not a fit person” to run a major company. The committee found that Murdoch had “turned a blind eye and exhibited willful blindness” while his London newspapers massively hacked into private citizens’ phones and computers – and bribed police officials.

"When a U.S. company bribes foreign officials, it violates the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

"Let’s urge the U.S. Senate to investigate and hold public hearings on the corrupt practices of Murdoch and News Corp.

"For almost a year, while this scandal involving a U.S. company dominated the news in England, our Congress looked away. Weeks ago, the British attorney whose lawsuits broke open the scandal alleged that Murdoch’s journalists committed the crime of phone-hacking against victims in the U.S.

"The Senate Commerce Committee has oversight of American business and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). While British broadcast regulators today investigate whether Murdoch is fit to hold a broadcast license in England, the American FCC shows no interest in Murdoch’s fitness to possess 27 U.S. TV licenses.

"Urge Senate Commerce Committee Chair Jay Rockefeller (D-W.V.) to initiate an investigation of News Corp. corruption and law-breaking.

"After it starts investigating News Corp., we will urge the committee to probe why the FCC has taken our public property – the broadcast airwaves – and turned them over, for free, to a handful of giant conglomerates (Murdoch, Disney, General Electric, Comcast, etc.)

"Please forward this email to friends and family.

It’s time we “occupy the airwaves.”"

Onward,
The RootsAction team

If you agree, write you senator.

Interesting that an OWS parasite would start a thread urging congress to take political action against a perceived enemy in the press....

• Banned
Interesting that an OWS parasite would start a thread urging congress to take political action against a perceived enemy in the press....

"OWS parasite"? Your bias and ignorance is showing.

Murdoch's a bum; his kid and other emplolyees have been indicted in Great Britain for criminal and outrageous behavior; Mdurdoch skated. Yet you lump hundreds of legitimate protesters as parasites. Any evidence that each and every protester was a parasite or are you simple one more parrot, who echos the comments and propaganda from the conservative media without the intrusion of any thought?

Don't respond, the question was answered in your post.

Murdoch's a bum; his kid and other emplolyees have been indicted in Great Britain for criminal and outrageous behavior; Mdurdoch skated. Yet you lump hundreds of legitimate protesters as parasites. Any evidence that each and every protester was a parasite or are you simple one more parrot, who echos the comments and propaganda from the conservative media without the intrusion of any thought?

My bias should be obvious. I hate you losers. The term "OWS parasite" is perfectly descriptive of your types.

he hates his fellow Americans

I do hate some of them. I hate child molesters. I hate murderers and rapists. I hate lazy people. I hate thieves. And I hate you OWS parasites. Being an American does not make you a good person, particularly when the values you hold dear are antiamerican.

"For decades, Rupert Murdoch has been the most powerful media mogul on earth...

Yes, we all know how bad MSNBCs ratings suck.

"Headquartered in the U.S., Murdoch’s News Corp. owns dozens of American outlets including Fox News, Fox Broadcasting, Wall Street Journal and New York Post. His outlets are powerful opinion-shapers; no one pushed harder for the Iraq invasion than Murdoch and his media

While I stood against the invasion of Iraq, those that advocated for it did nothing illegal anymore than those at MSNBC that pushed hard against the invasion.

"A British Parliamentary committee recently declared Rupert Murdoch “not a fit person” to run a major company.

Sounds exactly like what a committee of Democrats would conclude. Color me shocked.

"When a U.S. company bribes foreign officials, it violates the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

"Let’s urge the U.S. Senate to investigate and hold public hearings on the corrupt practices of Murdoch and News Corp.

Let's start with Hollywood first:

SEC Investigating Alleged Bribery of Chinese Officials by Hollywood Picture Houses | World News Resource

"Urge Senate Commerce Committee Chair Jay Rockefeller (D-W.V.) to initiate an investigation of News Corp. corruption and law-breaking.

Because when you can't beat them with ratings, get a crony politicians to persecute them politically. How very McCarthy of you.

"After it starts investigating News Corp., we will urge the committee to probe why the FCC has taken our public property – the broadcast airwaves – and turned them over, for free, to a handful of giant conglomerates (Murdoch, Disney, General Electric, Comcast, etc.)

Collectivist airwaves. Wonderful. What next, state news only? Korea's dear leader would love your ideas.

No.

It’s time we “occupy the airwaves.”

Oh great, does that mean you'll come and take a shit on my television in person?

• Banned

I do hate some of them. I hate child molesters. I hate murderers and rapists. I hate lazy people. I hate thieves. And I hate you OWS parasites. Being an American does not make you a good person, particularly when the values you hold dear are antiamerican.

I believe you have exposed yourself as anti American by being biased against our citizens who chose to express an opinion which differs from your own.
Wall Street (i.e. Banks, Insurance Companies and scammers like Bernie Madoff) 'helped' create the Great Recession of 2007-2008 and earned the anger represented by the OWS movement.

Of course OWS attracted some bums but none so crazed as the killers who maligned the far right (Roeder, Rudolph and McVeigh).

• Banned

"Headquartered in the U.S., Murdoch’s News Corp. owns dozens of American outlets including Fox News, Fox Broadcasting, Wall Street Journal and New York Post. His outlets are powerful opinion-shapers; no one pushed harder for the Iraq invasion than Murdoch and his media

While I stood against the invasion of Iraq, those that advocated for it did nothing illegal anymore than those at MSNBC that pushed hard against the invasion.

Sounds exactly like what a committee of Democrats would conclude. Color me shocked.

SEC Investigating Alleged Bribery of Chinese Officials by Hollywood Picture Houses | World News Resource

Because when you can't beat them with ratings, get a crony politicians to persecute them politically. How very McCarthy of you.

Collectivist airwaves. Wonderful. What next, state news only? Korea's dear leader would love your ideas.

No.

Oh great, does that mean you'll come and take a shit on my television in person?

Nope. As an American (I assume you to be) you have ever right to your opinion and I for one wouldn't dream of disabusing you of your opinions no matter how absurd they may be. If you believe the Murdoch conglomerate is pure, honest, eithical and above reproach, I hold the opinion that you're ignorant. Though I'm not sure if you ignorance is willful or otherwise.

No.

Nope. As an American (I assume you to be) you have ever right to your opinion and I for one wouldn't dream of disabusing you of your opinions no matter how absurd they may be. If you believe the Murdoch conglomerate is pure, honest, eithical and above reproach, I hold the opinion that you're ignorant. Though I'm not sure if you ignorance is willful or otherwise.

That's a hell of a retort. I never claimed anything to be "pure, honest, eithical and above reproach", but thanks for pulling that one out of your ass. Good to know you can spell ignorance...but based on your emotional response lacking facts, logic or reason, I doubt you understand what the word means. Good luck with that.

I believe you have exposed yourself as anti American by being biased against our citizens who chose to express an opinion which differs from your own.
Wall Street (i.e. Banks, Insurance Companies and scammers like Bernie Madoff) 'helped' create the Great Recession of 2007-2008 and earned the anger represented by the OWS movement.

Of course OWS attracted some bums but none so crazed as the killers who maligned the far right (Roeder, Rudolph and McVeigh).

OWS attracted"some" bums? You are all a bunch of bums! Squatting on public lands illegally for weeks on end is what bums do. You OWS parasites have earned the scorn and ridicule of regular Americans.

No.

I don't think any news network is "pure, honest ethical, and above reproach". The difference between me and an America hating, self loathing parasite like yourself is that I don't think that failing to meet your standard should result in a politically motivated investigation. Don't you have a cop car to shit on?

"For decades, Rupert Murdoch has been the most powerful media mogul on earth – anointing, manipulating and intimidating political leaders across the globe, including U.S. presidents.

"Headquartered in the U.S., Murdoch’s News Corp. owns dozens of American outlets including Fox News, Fox Broadcasting, Wall Street Journal and New York Post. His outlets are powerful opinion-shapers; no one pushed harder for the Iraq invasion than Murdoch and his media.

"A British Parliamentary committee recently declared Rupert Murdoch “not a fit person” to run a major company. The committee found that Murdoch had “turned a blind eye and exhibited willful blindness” while his London newspapers massively hacked into private citizens’ phones and computers – and bribed police officials.

"For almost a year, while this scandal involving a U.S. company dominated the news in England, our Congress looked away. Weeks ago, the British attorney whose lawsuits broke open the scandal alleged that Murdoch’s journalists committed the crime of phone-hacking against victims in the U.S.

"The Senate Commerce Committee has oversight of American business and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). While British broadcast regulators today investigate whether Murdoch is fit to hold a broadcast license in England, the American FCC shows no interest in Murdoch’s fitness to possess 27 U.S. TV licenses.

It’s time we “occupy the airwaves.”"

Onward,
The RootsAction team

If you agree, write you senator.

Sorry, Fox News is cable, not broadcast. So they can go tell the FCC to pound sand if they want to.

My bias should be obvious. I hate you losers. The term "OWS parasite" is perfectly descriptive of your types.

Your ignorance is only exceeded by your hate and both are defining characteristics.

No.

I don't think any news network is "pure, honest ethical, and above reproach". The difference between me and an America hating, self loathing parasite like yourself is that I don't think that failing to meet your standard should result in a politically motivated investigation. Don't you have a cop car to shit on?

I retired after 32 years in law enforcement, working for two county agencies and providing technical assistance to the State and Feds. So no, I have no interested in shitting on a patrol car nor even shitting on you. I also served our country in the Navy, 1967, 1968 & 1969 - so take your American hating bullshit and shove it.

Murdoch however deserves more than just a shitting upon, he deserves to be investigated so that the behavior so outrageous in GB has not happened in the United States.

MSNBC and the "lame media" as Coulter calls it don't offer propaganda though they may lean left; anyone who watches Fox News sees both subtle and outrageous right wing spins on current events. Fox also uses its vast resources as if they were primary sources, quoting others in the employ of Murdoch as if they were experts and not shills.

The "lame media" is vastly different and for the most part offers news; Fox spins on the crawl, in phony interviews and all of which is scripted by Murdoch and his minions.

Last edited:

I retired after 32 years in law enforcement, working for two county agencies and providing technical assistance to the State and Feds. So no, I have no interested in shitting on a patrol car nor even shitting on you. I also served our country in the Navy, 1967, 1968 & 1969 - so take your American hating bullshit and shove it.

Murdoch however deserves more than just a shitting upon, he deserves to be investigated so that the behavior so outrageous in GB has not happened in the United States.

MSNBC and the "lame media" as Coulter calls it don't offer propaganda though they may lean left; anyone who watches Fox News sees both subtle and outrageous right wing spins on current events. Fox also uses its vast resources as if they were primary sources, quoting others in the employ of Murdoch as if they were experts and not shills.

The "lame media" is vastly different and for the most part offers news; Fox spins on the crawl, in phony interviews and all of which is scripted by Murdoch and his minions.

Thanks for spending so much of your life as a decent citizen. What happened to turn you into such a buttfuck today? You realize that, absent any indication of wrongdoing in this country, we don't investigate individuals or businesses? Yet that is what you want. Because your fuckedup, losers view of the world will not allow for a network that does not cater to shitstains like you. For you to think fox is any different from NBC, msnbc, abc, or any other network demonstrates what a complete waste of life you are. Instead of calling for journalistic integrity, you just take issue when journalism falls short of acceptable standards from the one conservative outlet. Yet say nothing about any of the others. Your past service is not completely disgraced by the fuckface you have become, but you are quickly getting there.

Thanks for spending so much of your life as a decent citizen. What happened to turn you into such a buttfuck today? You realize that, absent any indication of wrongdoing in this country, we don't investigate individuals or businesses? Yet that is what you want. Because your fuckedup, losers view of the world will not allow for a network that does not cater to shitstains like you. For you to think fox is any different from NBC, msnbc, abc, or any other network demonstrates what a complete waste of life you are. Instead of calling for journalistic integrity, you just take issue when journalism falls short of acceptable standards from the one conservative outlet. Yet say nothing about any of the others. Your past service is not completely disgraced by the fuckface you have become, but you are quickly getting there.

No indication of wrong doing? Did Fox not cover the investigation and subsequent arrest of Murdoch's son and other Murdoch employees in GB?

As for me being a loser, you are entitled to your opinion no matter how ignorant, and in this case you lack any evidence, only that you disagree with my informed opinions.

Fox is different than other news sources, the only reasons you state otherwise suggests you are a liar, willfully ignorant or brainwashed by the ultra conservative propaganda which is ubiquitous on the airways.

Journalistic integrity is essential in a democratic society; what may confuse you is your unwillingness to test your opinions. I watch Fox as well as CNN, MSNBC and CBS in the morning. Fox is all editorial all of the time. Yes, some of it is subtle, but the agenda is always present. MSNBC is editorial based too, yet their's is a not subtle, it is upfront and clear. Such is the difference between Hannity and Maddow; the former is dumb as mud and the latter a Standford Grad and a Rhodes Scholar with a PH. D. Hannity parrots right wing propaganda, Maddow asks leading questions - both may interview shills, but Maddow invites the shills who appear on Fox and if (rarely) ones accepts her invitation she kills them in debate.

I'd invite you to watch Meadow's for a month, and compare her hour to any hour on Fox. Of course, if you are willfully ignorant you wont' accept.

Last edited:

No indication of wrong doing? Did Fox not cover the investigation and subsequent arrest of Murdoch's son and other Murdoch employees in GB?

As for me being a loser, you are entitled to your opinion no matter how ignorant, and in this case you lack any evidence, only that you disagree with my informed opinions.

Fox is different than other news sources, the only reasons you state otherwise suggests you are a liar, willfully ignorant or brainwashed by the ultra conservative propaganda which is ubiquitous on the airways.

Journalistic integrity is essential in a democratic society; what may confuse you is your unwillingness to test your opinions. I watch Fox as well as CNN, MSNBC and CBS in the morning. Fox is all editorial all of the time. Yes, some of it is subtle, but the agenda is always present. MSNBC is editorial based too, yet their's is a not subtle, it is upfront and clear. Such is the difference between Hannity and Maddow; the former is dumb as mud and the latter a Standford Grad and a Rhodes Scholar with a PH. D. Hannity parrots right wing propaganda, Maddow asks leading questions - both may interview shills, but Maddow invites the shills who appear on Fox and if (rarely) ones accepts her invitation she kills them in debate.

I'd invite you to watch Meadow's for a month, and compare her hour to any hour on Fox. Of course, if you are willfully ignorant you wont' accept.

The "wrongdoing" uncovered in great Britain has nothing to do with a seperate company here, in America, shit for brains.

As for you being a loser, that much is readily apparent in your postings. Especially the one I am responding to.

I would invite you to eat through a yard of shit. That will be as enjoyable to you as watching a bloviating lesbian with an identity crisis for a month. I have watched her show. It is nauseating, in much the same way that Sean hannity is nauseating. That is why I do not watch them. Eating through yards of shit is not something I enjoy doing. Perhaps I am somewhat ignorant of just how a yard of shit might or might not be appealing. I do not mind that. I have morons like you to explain just how lovely an experience it is.

And at least try to be honest, you pussel-gutted sorrel. The only reason you disfavor fox is because you prefer similar program, but from other lefty fuckups like yourself. You just don't like the way that yard of shit is laid out. But you clearly enjoy the shit. Bon appetit, moron!

Forum List

Back