Murdoch Yanks OJ Book and TV

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
About time:

http://www.forbes.com/business/2006/11/20/simpson-murder-murdoch-tech-media-cx_lr_1120simpson.html

Murdoch Yanks Simpson Shows, Book
Lacey Rose, 11.20.06, 4:30 PM ET

Following days of controversy, News Corp. has canceled plans to sell O.J. Simpson’s book If I Did It and has canceled a two-part Fox broadcast channel special scheduled to air Nov. 27 and 29. Both the book and the television show would have provided a platform for the former football star to speak hypothetically about the 1994 murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ronald Goldman.

“I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project. We are sorry for any pain this has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown-Simpson,” News Corp. Chief Executive Rupert Murdoch said in a statement released earlier today.

News Corp.'s reversal follows the decision of several Fox affiliates not to air the broadcast. It also comes after many public denouncements, including those by Fox television personalities Bill O’Reilly and Geraldo Rivera. Simpson's book, published by News Corp.-owned HarperCollins, was scheduled to go on sale Nov. 30.

O’Reilly blasted his employer's decision to air the shows and vowed to boycott any company that advertised on the network's two-part special. “I'm not going to watch the Simpson show or even look at the book," he said in a Saturday story in the New York Daily News, which competes with the News Corp.-owned New York Post. "If any company sponsors the TV program, I will not buy anything that company sells--ever."

Fox’s Rivera echoed the sentiment. "I will bash this project every minute I have the opportunity to bash this project," he told the News.

Fricking morons. How could they believe that giving this man a platform to make fun of the Justice System would be beneficial to anybody other than a publicity hound like O.J.?

Fricking morons. How could they believe that giving this man a platform to make fun of the Justice System would be beneficial to anybody other than a publicity hound like O.J.?

I really don't know, I do know I didn't need the likes of O'Reilly or Geraldo to tell me not to watch/buy it.

Forum List

Back