Murdered in His Own Garage For a POS Car

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Ya, I know I just took bones to task for sharing terrible crime stories none of us can do a thing about and here I am, doing the very same thing. Maybe I understand a bit more what led her to post about the baby thrown into traffic....because we've just had an 80 year old man found beaten to death in the garage of his home. Three people found driving his stolen 1993 Plymouth Valiant, one 18 year old and two 15 year olds, have been arrested for his murder. And the victim was my neighbor.

No, I did not know him. But now I wonder whether it is safe to leave my windows open downstairs. I wonder how his family will ever find peace with losing him this way. I wonder how a 15 year old even gets the idea to commit such a brutal murder. I wonder what the victim's last terrifying, pain-filled moments were like.

We prolly all hear of local crimes that touch us in some way, and I suppose in the grand scheme of things the one I am posting about isn't all that sensational. But yet, it has me weighed down and grieving...and like bones, some days you need to share it to carry it.

Murder charges filed in death of elderly Brooklyn man | cleveland.com

Sorry to hear your senses of safety and decency have been violated Madeline. I certainly can't expain why some people feel they can take from others without regard for that person. My guess is you are just as safe today as last week, may be more so with these three of the streets.

Last edited:
Sounds like they are qualified for the Obama Youth Corp.
Maybe Holder will get involved in the case and a figure out a way to drop the charges.

When crimes like that hit close to home, it's perfectly reasonable to be upset.

What were those kids thinking?

They weren't think' nuttin.

They were actualizing what they believe was their unalienable right to do whatever the hell they wanted.

Hopefully society will dissaude them of that mistaken notion that they are the center of the freakin' universe.

When crimes like that hit close to home, it's perfectly reasonable to be upset.

What were those kids thinking?

They weren't think' nuttin.

They were actualizing what they believe was their unalienable right to do whatever the hell they wanted.

Hopefully society will dissaude them of that mistaken notion that they are the center of the freakin' universe.
Society will do nothing of the sort.
Society will use some liberal notion of rehabilitation that works in 3% of the cases and put the little monsters right back on the street. Before they are released they will get educated in advanced techniques of weight lifting, murder, robbery and prison sex.

Sounds like they are qualified for the Obama Youth Corp.
Maybe Holder will get involved in the case and a figure out a way to drop the charges.
Totally uncalled for, asshole.

Are you armed, Maddy?
*hugs*
Called for, because it's close to the truth.
DOJ.jpg

Last edited:
  • Banned
No, hortySir, I'm not. I have struggled with buying a gun and come close before....but in the end I never have. I don't think it's in me to shoot another person and if things are really that bad, I'd be better off moving.

I can't get these images out of my head. The 80 year old man, happy to still have his independence, puttering around in his garage. Always frugal, keeping the Valiant because it runs well and he doesn't need anything fancy. Probably a decent, kind man all his life.

The three kids. How did they get to his house? Walk? Why did they choose him? Which one of them raised their hand to him first? There just is no power on earth that could make me strike an elderly person....how did these kids overcome that humanity? Why didn't they just steal his car without murdering him? Who raised these kids? How are their families coping with this terrible crime?

What are we supposed to do with 15 year olds who murder 80 year old men by beating them to death? Rehabilitation just does not seem possible. LWOP seems unbearably cruel.

And selfishly, I look at my street, my open windows, and wonder, am I safe here? I just don't understand......

You raise some interesting points Madeline. Shooting someone, with the possibility that you may kill them, is a big line to cross. It is very likely that your weapon would be used against you should you take pause.

Prison's primary purpose is to keep those outside the walls secure. Rehabilitation is not a likely outcome its true. It would be interesting to know if people commit less crimes after being in prison. What I mean is, do they consider the consequences a little more and maybe pass up a few crimes they might have committed before?

For the time being, practice a scowl and the phrase, "Stay off my lawn!"

Ya, I know I just took bones to task for sharing terrible crime stories none of us can do a thing about and here I am, doing the very same thing. Maybe I understand a bit more what led her to post about the baby thrown into traffic....because we've just had an 80 year old man found beaten to death in the garage of his home. Three people found driving his stolen 1993 Plymouth Valiant, one 18 year old and two 15 year olds, have been arrested for his murder. And the victim was my neighbor.

No, I did not know him. But now I wonder whether it is safe to leave my windows open downstairs. I wonder how his family will ever find peace with losing him this way. I wonder how a 15 year old even gets the idea to commit such a brutal murder. I wonder what the victim's last terrifying, pain-filled moments were like.

We prolly all hear of local crimes that touch us in some way, and I suppose in the grand scheme of things the one I am posting about isn't all that sensational. But yet, it has me weighed down and grieving...and like bones, some days you need to share it to carry it.

It's the result of the erosion of morality on our society because morality is relative. Pretty simple, this is what you get whenever that is promoted and accepted as the norm.

Now we all know where you live. :eusa_shhh: :eusa_drool:

Madeline:
some days you need to share it to carry it.

Some days you do.
Its always more traumatic the closer to home. Close and lock the downstairs windows, be alert to your surroundings whenever you go outside, and NEVER assume you are safe. That is not to say you should never FEEL safe, but that your safety should be active.

Last edited:

Email the story to Chicago's scumbag mayor Richard Daley. He wants ban firearms.

No, hortySir, I'm not. I have struggled with buying a gun and come close before....but in the end I never have. I don't think it's in me to shoot another person and if things are really that bad, I'd be better off moving.

I can't get these images out of my head. The 80 year old man, happy to still have his independence, puttering around in his garage. Always frugal, keeping the Valiant because it runs well and he doesn't need anything fancy. Probably a decent, kind man all his life.

The three kids. How did they get to his house? Walk? Why did they choose him? Which one of them raised their hand to him first? There just is no power on earth that could make me strike an elderly person....how did these kids overcome that humanity? Why didn't they just steal his car without murdering him? Who raised these kids? How are their families coping with this terrible crime?

What are we supposed to do with 15 year olds who murder 80 year old men by beating them to death? Rehabilitation just does not seem possible. LWOP seems unbearably cruel.

And selfishly, I look at my street, my open windows, and wonder, am I safe here? I just don't understand......
It's tough. I know.
You can't help but feel violated, also.
Wish I had a hard answer for those fears.
:eusa_pray::cool:

It is a different world than it was when I was a kid.

I live about 120 miles from the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro. The town I work in is around 20,000 people. I live in the country and am about 5 miles out of a town of 1,200 people.

I tell you that to set a little perspective for the area that I live in.

The town that I work in recently had three juvies (two 14 year olds and a 15 year old) riding around town on their bikes and stealing and vandalizing garages. They would go into garages and take what they wanted and then after they were finished they'd set the garage on fire using gasoline.

Well, one of the garages was a co-worker of mine. An older lady who drove a 1994 Ford Taurus. Her garage was totally destroyed along with her car and all of the belongings in the garage. The punk kids were caught because they were stupid enough to stash some of the loot they stole (because they couldn't carry it all on their bikes) and come back for it later. Well, the police found their stash and kept an eye on it, and sure enough they came back.

The lady that I work with now has to replace her car and garage. Well, insurance will only give her $1,500 for her Taurus and there is no way she is going to find a reliable car to replace it for that amount. So, now she has to go from having a car that is paid for to having a car payment.

When did kids lose all respect for other people's possessions? I'm just glad that no one stumbled upon these punks when they were doing what they were doing, we might have had a similar situation to what the OP is.

Rick

They arraigned the two 15 year olds yesterday, and to add to the horror, one was a next door neighbor of the victim. How on earth does a kid that age get it into his head to beat his neighbor to death? I am so sad and frightened.

New Topics

Forum List

Back