Murder as Sport

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
It was crazy. It was violent. It was premeditated. Worse than all, it was sport. Poor Mazariego-Torres was the human pinata, there for the entertainment of a couple of cowards, and their follower-friends who wanted to record the whole thing.

He was an easy target. He was not a big man and spoke limited English. Maybe he had a little to drink. Regardless, he was outnumbered. He was alone, minding his own business, in his own town.

In a cellphone video, Mazariego-Torres is sitting on the bench, and a young man sits to his right. Behind him is another man. They seem to be joking, and Mazariego-Torres is totally relaxed. Then, with animalistic swiftness -- and there really is no better word -- Mazariego-Torres is suckered. His face is covered with his shirt, the young man on the bench gets up and throws a punch meant to take someone’s head off. There is no other way to say it. The boy reaches way back, and puts all he has into it. When some defense lawyer eventually says "they didn’t mean to hurt him," remember this: Anybody who has ever thrown a punch like that, or been hit with one, knows full well the intent. This is not being called a hate crime, but it should be. There was hate behind that punch.

Diverse community attends funeral for Summit man killed in 'mindless' crime | NJ.com

What should be their sentence?

I don't know, chanel. Thrill killing by teens?

It IS possible, from what I read, they did not intend to kill this man. But they're dangerous as all get-out, and I hope the society at large is kept safe from them forever.

This is the second one. I posted this a few weeks ago:

Three 17-year-olds are accused of beating a New Jersey dad to death while he walked with his wife and two sons.

Middlesex County authorities say Friday night's attack on Divvendu Sinha in Old Bridge appears random and not racially motivated.

The 49-year-old died of his injuries on Monday.

The three suspects, who live in Old Bridge, are charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Their names have not been released because they're juveniles and prosecutors are deciding whether to seek trying them as adults.

Dad from Old Bridge, New Jersey, beaten to death while walking with family | 7online.com

This one was not taped. But there seems to be an alarming trend of teens beating up innocent people just to get it on youtube.

Highly publicized life sentences might have a chilling effect on the next group. They are being desensitized to violence.

I had a couple students a few years ago who were charged with beating an old couple for $15 and a camera. They put the man in the hospital. Their sentence? Attend school. Not one of them went to juvie or jail. And two were over 18.

The juvenile justice system is a joke. They are only concerned with the rehabilitation of the perp and never justice for the victims. That's fine when a kid gets caught smoking dope or throwing snowballs.

That's why so many prosecutors try to bump up these kind of cases to adult court. They need to be punished; not sentenced to school.

it was crazy. It was violent. It was premeditated. Worse than all, it was sport. Poor mazariego-torres was the human pinata, there for the entertainment of a couple of cowards, and their follower-friends who wanted to record the whole thing.

He was an easy target. He was not a big man and spoke limited english. Maybe he had a little to drink. Regardless, he was outnumbered. He was alone, minding his own business, in his own town.

In a cellphone video, mazariego-torres is sitting on the bench, and a young man sits to his right. Behind him is another man. They seem to be joking, and mazariego-torres is totally relaxed. Then, with animalistic swiftness -- and there really is no better word -- mazariego-torres is suckered. His face is covered with his shirt, the young man on the bench gets up and throws a punch meant to take someone’s head off. There is no other way to say it. The boy reaches way back, and puts all he has into it. When some defense lawyer eventually says "they didn’t mean to hurt him," remember this: Anybody who has ever thrown a punch like that, or been hit with one, knows full well the intent. This is not being called a hate crime, but it should be. There was hate behind that punch.

diverse community attends funeral for summit man killed in 'mindless' crime | nj.com

what should be their sentence?

lwop.

The death penalty is too merciful

It was crazy. It was violent. It was premeditated. Worse than all, it was sport. Poor Mazariego-Torres was the human pinata, there for the entertainment of a couple of cowards, and their follower-friends who wanted to record the whole thing.

He was an easy target. He was not a big man and spoke limited English. Maybe he had a little to drink. Regardless, he was outnumbered. He was alone, minding his own business, in his own town.

In a cellphone video, Mazariego-Torres is sitting on the bench, and a young man sits to his right. Behind him is another man. They seem to be joking, and Mazariego-Torres is totally relaxed. Then, with animalistic swiftness -- and there really is no better word -- Mazariego-Torres is suckered. His face is covered with his shirt, the young man on the bench gets up and throws a punch meant to take someone’s head off. There is no other way to say it. The boy reaches way back, and puts all he has into it. When some defense lawyer eventually says "they didn’t mean to hurt him," remember this: Anybody who has ever thrown a punch like that, or been hit with one, knows full well the intent. This is not being called a hate crime, but it should be. There was hate behind that punch.
Diverse community attends funeral for Summit man killed in 'mindless' crime | NJ.com

Life in prison without the possibility of parole, without the ability to appeal, without the option of family visits, and full solitary confinement without any outdoor access.

No?

I read the entire article. Nowhere in there do I see any reference to the RACE of the cretins who did this. I wonder why - and I mean that seriously. I would be willing to bet they are white. I wonder why the author would leave out their race.

Last edited:
If the kids that did this were white, this would be a bigger story then the BP oil spill.

Not if it had happened here in Cleveland, I can assure you.

I don't care where it would happen.

If a group of white kids beat and killed a "minority", it would be in the works for a made for tv movie.

I'll try and find out George. Usually someone will mention names in the comment section. But the same paper did not mention that the first three in the Indian mans murder were black. I don't think its about protecting race as much as protecting those "children's" identity. Its time juveniles charged with adult crimes were properly reported on. I think parents have a right to know who their 14 year old is sitting next to in lunch.

summit-beating-death-teens-dumas-williams-clarkjpg-f672950fe49483e9_large.jpg

Nigel Dumas, 19, of Morristown, left, Khayri Williams-Clark, 18, of Summit, right and a 17-year-old Summit resident whose name has not been released have been charged with murder in the beating death of Abelino Mazarieg

I read the entire article. Nowhere in there do I see any reference to the RACE of the cretins who did this. I wonder why - and I mean that seriously. I would be willing to bet they are white. I wonder why the author would leave out their race.

Why would you bet they are white? Why would their race even matter and why would you care what their race is?

Race should have nothing to do with a crime and its punishment. I would like to see these kids charged as adults, they are not that young and need to be put away. The juvenile system in this country needs a major reworking to deal with the harder criminals.

Well, that's why I asked. The statement sounds racist but I don't think that George is a racist. Let him explain before throwing the mud.

Forum List

Back