Murder as entertainment.

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Consider the movies and TV shows whose main focus is murder.
What does it say about us when Murder , often in horribly violent forms has become a major form of entertainment....
Did you laugh when the guys brains got blown all over the car in Pulp Fiction?
I got taken to that one by my wife and the laughter was all around me in the theatre. I was disgustedly amazed.
Discuss.

Last edited:
Ohh well it seems that no one is interested in one reason for the moral decline in America.
Figures.

Because most rational people can decipher between real and fantasy, movies don't in large part drive our morals as a Country, save for Office shooters and Columbine happenings. Which, as a population as a whole, are miniscule.

Gratuitous violence does not sit well with me. And I do think that it can have desensitizing effect on young people. It takes a great director like Hitchcock to depict murder without even showing the act. That kind of genius has been lost on the newbies in my opinion.

Gratuitous violence does not sit well with me. And I do think that it can have desensitizing effect on young people. It takes a great director like Hitchcock to depict murder without even showing the act. That kind of genius has been lost on the newbies in my opinion.

I agree about Hitchcock, but I can't say I'm not a fan of gratuitous Violence in movies.

I realize it's fake.

It's curiosity.

"Hmm, I'll never see this in real life because I know that it's wrong/crazy/I'd never do it,....but so long as it's fake let's see what these producers depict it looking like." I don't see a major issue.

I'm just a wimp G.T. I could never be a nurse simply because I can't stand the sight of blood - even if it's fake. That's just me. I usually close my eyes and tell whomever I'm with to let me know when it's over. It doesn't stop me from going to the movies though.

Agreed.

We have desensitized our children to extreme violence.

In America with many it is fine for your 8 yr old to watch someone get cut up with a chainsaw, but if they see a bare breast on the tube be outraged.

Just too strange.

I'm just a wimp G.T. I could never be a nurse simply because I can't stand the sight of blood - even if it's fake. That's just me. I usually close my eyes and tell whomever I'm with to let me know when it's over. It doesn't stop me from going to the movies though.

lol that's alright.

I couldn't change a bed pan without puking my guts out if ya paid me a Million bucks!

Agreed.

In America with many it is fine for your 8 yr old to watch someone get cut up with a chainsaw, but if they see a bare breast on the tube be outraged.

Just too strange.

If they're desensitized, then how come Freddy Cruger, the Terminator, etc. etc....

Didn't stop post traumatic stress disorder in the kids, in our current war?

Stoppit.

People know reality from Television.

Agreed.

Just too strange.

If they're desensitized, then how come Freddy Cruger, the Terminator, etc. etc....

Stoppit.

Then why does television so control and invade our society? Both socially and politically.

Where did "bust a cap in your ass" in your ass come from? A way of minimalizing shooting someone?

Many let preschoolers watch the blood and gore movies. There has to be an impact.

There is uscitizen.

Children are not fully formed people. There is a lot of research to suggest that violent media can have negative effects on kids. Does it cause violent behavior? No. Can it contribute to it? Absolutely.

One thing that has bothered me over the past few years is the "bystander effect" esp. with kids. Girls being gang raped while dozens watch and film; kids being beaten while dozens cheer on, etc. I don't know if violence has gone up amongst teens; but I know for damn sure that apathy has. Sad.

Agreed.

Just too strange.

Stoppit.

Then why does television so control and invade our society? Both socially and politically.

Where did "bust a cap in your ass" in your ass come from? A way of minimalizing shooting someone?

Many let preschoolers watch the blood and gore movies. There has to be an impact.

"There has to be an impact" isn't very scientific.

"bust a cap in your ass" is a threat. There's no data showing how many people heard that and as a DIRECT result of that, literally performed.

How many Soldiers, in your estimation, have seen violent movies as children?

If it has the desensitizing effect, in a REAL WORLD setting, there would be no current pattern of PSTD. Also, Violence would be 1,000X worse in this Country.

And brw I am in no way squeemish about blood and such. I butcher animals for food and was in combat giving first aid to wounded and dying from time to time.

I'm like 99% sure that Violence in our Country is a result of poverty in the majority of the cases, not Violence in Entertainment.

What does it say about us when Murder , often in horribly violent forms has become a major form of entertainment....
I got taken to that one by my wife and the laughter was all around me in the theatre. I was disgustedly amazed.
Discuss.

I've been saying this for years, and it just gets worse. So has the violence in the country, especially among young people. It can't help but have an effect.

Many of those on here were raised up from childhood on Freddy Kruger and such and just cannot see/underatand it though...

Discuss.

The funny part was , cause the gun went upon hitting a bump in the road, more an accident.

Many of those on here were raised up from childhood on Freddy Kruger and such and just cannot see/underatand it though...

I was raised in the era where TV got pretty limitless.

I don't stand and watch rapes, I break up fights, I dislike bullies, etc. etc.

What's not to understand.

I agree about Hitchcock, but I can't say I'm not a fan of gratuitous Violence in movies.

I realize it's fake.

It's curiosity.

"Hmm, I'll never see this in real life because I know that it's wrong/crazy/I'd never do it,....but so long as it's fake let's see what these producers depict it looking like." I don't see a major issue.

what about these video games where they play the sniper and they get to actually see bloody head shot.

I realize it's fake.

It's curiosity.

what about these video games where they play the sniper and they get to actually see bloody head shot.

I love them!

Forum List

Back