Muqtada al-Sadr, Iraqi Cleric, Tells Followers To Stop Attacking U.S. Troops

Er, Pythagoras was Greek not Babylonian. Maybe, open a history book?

Of course he was. He built upon a framework that had already been created by the Babylonians. This is why I said it was invented in Babylonia first. The Babylonians discovered the ratio and Pythagoras built upon it.

What was the name of the Babylonian Pythagoras? Shame Pythagoras takes credit for the Pythagorean theorem :lol:

Anyway, our system of measuring time comes from the Babylonians. Much of the rest is solid conjecture, but only the Babylonians were using a base-60 system.

You made that up, too. :clap2:

Last edited:
That's Levantian, no?

Anyway, I don't feel like arguing with JStone about the important contributions of the Babylonians. There's just no point. I still want to visit what's left of Babylon and that's one reason I hope for a stable, friendly Iraq. There are obviously other reasons that peace is in America's interest.

That's Levantian, no?

Anyway, I don't feel like arguing with JStone about the important contributions of the Babylonians. There's just no point. I still want to visit what's left of Babylon and that's one reason I hope for a stable, friendly Iraq. There are obviously other reasons that peace is in America's interest.

Unfortunately I don't think Westerners will be able to travel to Iraq safely any time soon, the country will still be a war zone for years after the US Military has left.

Yeah, it's a shame. As long as I get to see Beirut in my lifetime, I'll be satisfied never seeing Baghdad.

I think it would be cool to go to Iran as well. I had a history professor who lived there until the Revolution. He talks about it as a great place. He said even today an American is welcomed with such hospitality by the people (not the government, obviously). He also likes to talk how the most fervent political discussions in Tehran are in the taxi cabs or over the dinner table.

Yeah, it's a shame. As long as I get to see Beirut in my lifetime, I'll be satisfied never seeing Baghdad.

The Muslims from Hizballah have turned Lebanon into a police state. The UN concluded Hizballah was complicit in the assassination of Lebanon's former PM Hariri.

Lebanon was a nice country when run by the Maronite Christians who have been chased out and murdered by the religion of peace'ers

The Maronites are certainly guilty of their own share of atrocities. I much prefer them to Hizb'allah, though. Still, the rich parts of Beirut are still quite accessible to foreigners.

I sometimes get a kick out of the conspiracy theories that come out of that region. I heard one from a Maronite Christian and I'm sure he's not alone in believing this crazy one. He said that Hizb'allah and Israel were working together. Hizb'allah gives Israel an excuse to bomb Lebanon and then can come in to provide money to those who were hurt by the bombing. Hence, Hizb'allah are stronger now than it was. It's certainly a false belief, but it does show the unintended consequences of Israel's actions in 2006.

The Maronites are certainly guilty of their own share of atrocities. I much prefer them to Hizb'allah, though. Still, the rich parts of Beirut are still quite accessible to foreigners.uences of Israel's actions in 2006.

Israel's actions in taking self-defensive measures against terrorist bases in Lebanon. Lebanon is in violation of international law and the UN Charter in providing safe haven to terrorist factions and Israel has been compliant with both in protecting its national security.

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Israel's actions in taking self-defensive measures against terrorist bases in Lebanon. Lebanon is in violation of international law and the UN Charter in providing safe haven to terrorist factions and Israel has been compliant with both in protecting its national security.

See, this is a perfect example of the strawmen I was talking about. I never said Israel wasn't right in asserting its self-defense. I said that the Maronites have committed atrocities.

Forum List

Back