Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Xenophon again.
That's what they all say.

You know, I bet that fucker wasn't REALLY a Baron!
snoopy-red-baron.bmp

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxzg_iM-T4E]YouTube - Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron[/ame]

Do you know anyone that has these traits?
Munchhausen syndrome by proxy (MSP), a type of factitious disorder, is a mental illness in which a person acts as if an individual he or she is caring for has a physical or mental illness when the person is not really sick. People with MSP assume the role of a sick person indirectly by producing or lying about illness in another person under their care, usually a child under 6 years of age. However, cases have been reported of adult victims of MSP. (The term "by proxy" means "through a substitute.")

People with MSP have an inner need for the other person (often his or her child) to be seen as ill or injured. It is not done to achieve a concrete benefit, such as financial gain. People with MSP are even willing to have the child or other patient undergo painful or risky tests and operations in order to get the sympathy and special attention given to people who are truly ill and their families. Factitious disorders are considered mental illnesses because they are associated with severe emotional difficulties
I do, but not in the classical clinical definition.

He doen't have MSP (Munchhausen by proxy) that is focused upon a single individual, but it is more focused upon a nation. The problem is, we can't get rid of him for another three years.

Google "MSP + false accusations" or "MSP + falsely accused" and see what you get. ....
No need for me to do so. It's your assertion, you support it. See, that's one of those annoying things about logic.

So, until YOU support it, your claim stands as bullshit.

So far, all I am discussing are your logical fallacies. Get some logic into your points, and I'm sure there will be plenty to discuss. But, I don't discuss nonsense.

.... That is, unless you're afraid I might actually be right. In which case, I can undestand why you wouldn't want to do that and destroy your ability to take shots at me.
The only thing I'm afraid of is the potential addition of another illogical dolt to USMB.

Whatever. You're obviously distressed that I am right and you are full of shit. Otherwise you'd take a few seconds out of your busy life and google away--even if only to prove me wrong.

Ha ha! Scared as shit.....you won't back up your own assertions. :lol:

I'm gonna go with Si Modo on this one.

As to the OP question...yes, I now believe I do know someone with this syndrome....:eusa_whistle:

I don't.

Not to change the subject...but my son keeps getting really really sick after my wife gives him Blue Gatorade.

As the same time, my windshield washer fluid keeps disappearing.

:eusa_eh:

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Why the blue gatorade? Why not the fluorescent green gatorade?

I have tons of bottles of antifreeze in the garage!

I don't.

Not to change the subject...but my son keeps getting really really sick after my wife gives him Blue Gatorade.

As the same time, my windshield washer fluid keeps disappearing.

:eusa_eh:

well, we both know cherry's out of the question

31400-RV-50-Antifreeze.jpg

Great idea!

Yesterday, I learned how to beat my wife lightly and to avoid the face.

And today, this!

USMB is a plethora of useful information.

Great idea!

Yesterday, I learned how to beat my wife lightly and to avoid the face.

And today, this!

USMB is a plethora of useful information.

a veritable cornucopia of ideas to try out on the unsuspecting

Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSP), a type of factitious disorder, is a mental illness in which a person acts as if an individual he or she is caring for has a physical or mental illness when the person is not really sick. People with MSP assume the role of a sick person indirectly by producing or lying about illness in another person under their care, usually a child under 6 years of age. However, cases have been reported of adult victims of MSP. (The term "by proxy" means "through a substitute.")

People with MSP have an inner need for the other person (often his or her child) to be seen as ill or injured. It is not done to achieve a concrete benefit, such as financial gain. People with MSP are even willing to have the child or other patient undergo painful or risky tests and operations in order to get the sympathy and special attention given to people who are truly ill and their families. Factitious disorders are considered mental illnesses because they are associated with severe emotional difficulties

There was a girl who was on trial for causing the death of one of her children by creating illnesses in them which were severe enough to put them into the hospital many times and finally one of them died.

It was years ago and I saw her in a bar while she was on trial, it seemed she was just as happy as she could be but a couple of days after that, she ended up committing suicide.

There are people on internet message boards who have the same syndrome they take advantage of the kindness of strangers.

Münchausen by Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Michelle Obama thinks our souls are sick and that we need to be healed.

To achieve that healing we will be subjected to all sorts of economically painful and intrusive government regulation and an ever escalating deficit and tax bills.

But it's for our own good right?

Forum List

Back