Mulvaney Admits Quid Pro Quo In Trump Ukraine Call, Says ‘Get Over It’

Admittedly, I'm a little rusty on the topic as of late, but, where in the phone call did trump ask them to dig up dirt? Also, where in phone call did trump say he was going to hold up funding until they dig up dirt on biden?

I think people are taking events from different timelines and scrunching them all together to form a narrative, and doing a lot of assuming in order to float this whole idea.

What I read in the transcript is that trump was asking a favor in regards to the server and crowdstrike, and then he said "and the other thing...", maybe in relation to the favor asked, maybe not, but he was inquiring about the firing of a prosecutor who was allegedly investigating the company bidens son worked for.

I dont recall anywhere in that transcript trump saying they would withold funds until that was taken care of, and I dont recall trump asking for dirt.

I'm not saying its not possible, it certainly is. However, dems have been after trump since day one.....literally, so you have to understand when repubs question motives and information from the left.

What I've seen is, dems have a lot of accusations, and stretched assumptions, but as of yet, there hasnt been any actual evidence of trump committing....any crime. Sure, you can point to something and say "see, there's a crime...", but if you're being truthful, most likely it's a narrative you're repeating from the MSM, because it's what they want you to believe, but nothing has actually been proven. So far, it's all assumption and speculation.
"and then he said "and the other thing...", maybe in relation to the favor asked, maybe not, but he was inquiring about the firing of a prosecutor who was allegedly investigating the company bidens son worked for."

He wasn't just inquiring about the prosecutor being fired.... he asked him to look into it.

So first the call didn't happen. It was just hearsay

Then it happened...but there was no quid pro quo

Now there WAS a quid pro quo but it was no big deal

We all saw it tards.

There was an ABSOLUTE quid pro quo but more importantly there was an attempt to coerce a foreign entity to help Trump smear his political rival...and that's illegal and impeachable by itself

Now Mulvaney says he was referring to the 2016 election.

TRUMP!!! he did it !!!
he did something...I don't know what, but he did something bad

In a secret interview, Rep. Adam Schiff, leader of the House Democratic effort to impeach President Trump, pressed former United States special representative to Ukraine Kurt Volker to testify that Ukrainian officials felt pressured to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden's son Hunter as a result of Trump withholding U.S. military aid to Ukraine.

Volker denied that was the case, noting that Ukrainian leaders did not even know the aid was being withheld and that they believed their relationship with the U.S. was moving along satisfactorily, without them having done anything Trump mentioned in his notorious July 25 phone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

When Volker repeatedly declined to agree to Schiff's characterization of events, Schiff said, "Ambassador, you're making this much more complicated than it has to be."
Schiff pushed Volker to say Ukraine felt pressure from Trump
How does Schiff still have a job?

We all saw it tards.

There was an ABSOLUTE quid pro quo but more importantly there was an attempt to coerce a foreign entity to help Trump smear his political rival...and that's illegal and impeachable by itself

He stepped in it and Trump spanked him

We all saw it tards.

He stepped in it and Trump spanked him

Then he did it on purpose just for the spanking.

While you’re laughing, you might want you to get used to saying “President Pence”.

You think Trump is a hard ass? I don't think you really want to see a Pence Presidency.

It will be a lame duck Presidency. The Republican Party won’t let Pence run for President.

I’d bet real money that a deal will be cut to let Pence serve out Trump’s term, but because of his participation in the Ukraine mess, not run for re-election.

This will keep Pence from being impeached with Trump, Barr, Pompeo and Guliani. And it will keep a Republican in the White House.

Make no mistake. This shit show of a Presidency is over. The Republican Party should NEVER have allowed a conman and a criminal such as Trump to run. They’ve gotten exactly what they deserve in enabling this clown and letting it happen.

While you’re laughing, you might want you to get used to saying “President Pence”.

You think Trump is a hard ass? I don't think you really want to see a Pence Presidency.

It will be a lame duck Presidency. The Republican Party won’t let Pence run for President.

I’d bet real money that a deal will be cut to let Pence serve out Trump’s term, but because of his participation in the Ukraine mess, not run for re-election.

This will keep Pence from being impeached with Trump, Barr, Pompeo and Guliani. And it will keep a Republican in the White House.

Make no mistake. This shit show of a Presidency is over. The Republican Party should NEVER have allowed a conman and a criminal such as Trump to run. They’ve gotten exactly what they deserve in enabling this clown and letting it happen.
If I were you I would not watch tonight‘s rally unless you have a box of Kleenex to cry with Lol..

Impeach and remove the traitor! Anyone that defends this crap is a traitor to the united states constitution.

That's a whole lot of wishing in one hand and crapping in the other.

Guess which hand is going to fill up first?

Where was it?? Investigate corruption?? Lol
MULVANEY: Did [Trump] also mention to me in passing the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely. no question about that. That's it, and that's why we held up the money.

KARL: So the demand for an investigation into the Democrats was part of the reason that he was ordered to withhold funding to Ukraine?

MULVANEY: The look back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation. And that is absolutely appropriate

KARL: To be clear, what you described is a quid pro quo. It is funding will not flow unless the investigation into the democratic server happened as well.

MULVANEY: We do that all the time with foreign policy.

Great response from Mulvaney. We shouldn't give funding to any country who meddled in the 2016 election, it's telling the democrats who spent the last 3 years whining over Russia have no concern about investigating Ukraine's involvement in meddling in the 2016 election.

Admittedly, I'm a little rusty on the topic as of late, but, where in the phone call did trump ask them to dig up dirt? Also, where in phone call did trump say he was going to hold up funding until they dig up dirt on biden?

I think people are taking events from different timelines and scrunching them all together to form a narrative, and doing a lot of assuming in order to float this whole idea.

What I read in the transcript is that trump was asking a favor in regards to the server and crowdstrike, and then he said "and the other thing...", maybe in relation to the favor asked, maybe not, but he was inquiring about the firing of a prosecutor who was allegedly investigating the company bidens son worked for.

I dont recall anywhere in that transcript trump saying they would withold funds until that was taken care of, and I dont recall trump asking for dirt.

I'm not saying its not possible, it certainly is. However, dems have been after trump since day one.....literally, so you have to understand when repubs question motives and information from the left.

What I've seen is, dems have a lot of accusations, and stretched assumptions, but as of yet, there hasnt been any actual evidence of trump committing....any crime. Sure, you can point to something and say "see, there's a crime...", but if you're being truthful, most likely it's a narrative you're repeating from the MSM, because it's what they want you to believe, but nothing has actually been proven. So far, it's all assumption and speculation.

Mafia Boss to Hit Man: "We want you to do us a favor."

Mafia Boss to Hit Man: "We want you to do us a favor."

Trump's chief of staff already admitted that the funding was held up to get the Ukrainians to conduct the investigations that Trump was asking for.

Investigations on Crowdstrike (mentioned once) and the Bidens (mentioned 3 times).

"and then he said "and the other thing...", maybe in relation to the favor asked, maybe not, but he was inquiring about the firing of a prosecutor who was allegedly investigating the company bidens son worked for."

He wasn't just inquiring about the prosecutor being fired.... he asked him to look into it.
He referenced bidens son in reference to the allegation that he had the prosecution stopped. Trump said he wanted ukraine to look into that. In the previous paragraph, trump was saying how unfortunate it was that the prosecutor was fired as trump said he was a good prosecutor. It appears trump was wanting to get information on why, apparently, Biden had the prosecutor fired.

Also, nowhere in that transcript does trump say that he wants that investigated for himself. He doesnt even reference himself in that regard. He says "alot of people want to know about it".

All I'm saying is, it's going to be impossible to know why trump asked him to investigate the firing of the prosecutor. The only thing one can go on is assumption. Other than that, you'll never know what trump was thinking during that phone call.

Forum List

Back