Multiple political parties?

Should there be more than two major political parties in the US?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don't have a clue.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
By and large, this country is known mostly for having a two political party system. You're either a "D" or and "R" if you are seriously trying to get elected. Now and then, an "I" will slip in but it's not really the norm. Is this country ready for more than two major political parties? I think it would be a good thing. Multiple parties gives more choices in the election. That's my thinking. What say you? There's a simple poll...

By and large, this country is known mostly for having a two political party system. You're either a "D" or and "R" if you are seriously trying to get elected. Now and then, an "I" will slip in but it's not really the norm. Is this country ready for more than two major political parties? I think it would be a good thing. Multiple parties gives more choices in the election. That's my thinking. What say you? There's a simple poll...

multiple parties use to be the norm

even in the 1920's you would find voting forms with 6-8 parties listed

but the big two gobbled them up

We are past due for a THREE Tea Party system. :eusa_angel:

I have a feeling that if there was a third party, the liberals would win every election.

I disagree.

I would hope your right, Willow. My sense is that there would be a the conservatives and moderate conservatives that would split, leaving the liberals with a larger base. I would hope we had a fourth party to even things out.....in my world.

I think that if the majority of voters WANTED more than two major parties, we'd have them.

I think that you will see a 3rd party gain ground, eventually.. maybe it will fall back to 2 though, even if that means one of the current ones gets replaced... but I think strong independent candidates are key to shaking up the system

I think public funding of elections would be a better idea. Now our representitives spend too much of their time selling their vote to whomever can bundle the greatest amount of contributions. They'd also be able to spend more time on our business and maybe actually read the bills, instead of preparing for the next election.

I think public funding of elections would be a better idea. Now our representitives spend too much of their time selling their vote to whomever can bundle the greatest amount of contributions. They'd also be able to spend more time on our business and maybe actually read the bills, instead of preparing for the next election.

I agree fully with your post. Having said that, these politicians would have all sorts of back doors to get around the public funding of elections.

Forum List

Back