Muhammad, the greatest man (peace be upon him and his family)

How was Muhammad a great man? I mean, he butchered anyone who didn't respect him, raped a little girl, turned others to Islam by force.... how exactly is that man a role model to Muslims? I really don't get it.

And he was killed by a woman, a Jewish concubine he took as a fortune of war.

That's right, he was smacked down by a chick.

Girl power!

Whenever I see misogynist Muslims I now know why they are TERRIFIED of free, empowered women, so terrified that they cover them up, take away all their rights, and kill them as often as possible. Women scare them, deeply. If their pedophile prophet couldn't handle one, how can any of them?

How was Muhammad a great man? I mean, he butchered anyone who didn't respect him, raped a little girl, turned others to Islam by force.... how exactly is that man a role model to Muslims? I really don't get it.

Girl power!

Whenever I see misogynist Muslims I now know why they are TERRIFIED of free, empowered women, so terrified that they cover them up, take away all their rights, and kill them as often as possible. Women scare them, deeply. If their pedophile prophet couldn't handle one, how can any of them?

the poison lamb story has not been authenticated----
the party line is that-----uhm..... whats her name ----
Sufiya (?) actually loved the big mo and really liked
the fact that he murdered her family and raped her---
and OF COURSE ----"embraced" islam Muslims
teach their children that jews are delighted being abused
by muslims------best time of their lives and----most jews
are eager to "revert"------in fact lots of those
historic "brilliant muslim scientists"-----are really
jews--or Christians or hindus------but the party line is
that they "REVERTED"------I was about 20 when a
learned Pakistani surgeon told me about the
brilliant doctor------who was born a jew and reverted to
islam and then became a great doctor----I asked his
name -------MAIMONIDES!!!! the jerk could not be
convinced that Maimonides did not 'revert'------I felt
like I was telling a six year old Christian child
"there is no santa claus"

Girl power!

the poison lamb story has not been authenticated----
the party line is that-----uhm..... whats her name ----
Sufiya (?) actually loved the big mo and really liked
the fact that he murdered her family and raped her---
and OF COURSE ----"embraced" islam Muslims
teach their children that jews are delighted being abused
by muslims------best time of their lives and----most jews
are eager to "revert"------in fact lots of those
historic "brilliant muslim scientists"-----are really
jews--or Christians or hindus------but the party line is
that they "REVERTED"------I was about 20 when a
learned Pakistani surgeon told me about the
brilliant doctor------who was born a jew and reverted to
islam and then became a great doctor----I asked his
name -------MAIMONIDES!!!! the jerk could not be
convinced that Maimonides did not 'revert'------I felt
like I was telling a six year old Christian child
"there is no santa claus"

His closest followers blamed his death on this woman. The ambiguity is introduced because it was a slow working poison that took 2 years to kill him, ergo plausible deniability. But the people who spent the most time with him are sure she did it, probably because he claimed so himself before he died.

Jewish women can feign affinity for the purpose of murder. They're very good at it. Do you remember this one from the Bible?

jael-sisera-Gentileschi.jpg

In Judges 4 it details her deception in enticing the enemy general and then killing him in his sleep. The end result was an Israelite victory over their enemies.

I don't find it hard to believe that a Jewish woman killed Muhammad. Do you watch many gangster movies? When you kill a lot of people, you have a lot of people who want to kill you. Each person has relatives, so at least 5 people want to see you dead for every person you kill. That was Muhammad's burden as well, these Jewish concubines who bore well in mind that he was responsible for the deaths of their husbands and children.

good point---jewish women have acted honorably thruout
history-----killing only the murderers unlike meccaist sluts
who tie bombs to their over trafficked asses in order to
murder children
YA MUSLIMEEN----Where are you hiding slut HAYAT--
the murderess muzzie slut?

I speak from the knowledge of the saints in Islam.

10 days ago was the Mawlid, the birthday of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). It is the 12th of Rabi Al Awwal (which is the first month). The Islamic months are lunar months, and the 13th, the 14th and the 15th of each month are full moon nights. Whenever you look up at the sky and see a full moon, realise it is the 13th, or the 14th or the 15th of one of the 12 months of the Islamic calendar.

Celebrating Mawlid guarantees paradise and no account, no punishment, no admittance in hell. but of course, there is celebrating and celebrating. Merely doing something as a cultural thing is not celebration.

Muslims in the West generally refuse to celebrate the birthday of Muhammad, saying this is not proper Islamic worship; but they are wrong.

On this day, actually this night; Muslims rejoice and eat tasty dishes, taking care not to go beyond the authentic Islamic way of worship. They also read poetry of praise of Muhammad, or hold some talk about the greatness of Muhammad.

there are no "saints" in Islam, all are going to hell, for rejecting Jesus.
Oh please, there are Saints in the Christian religion which really should have not received a vote for Sainthood, back years ago it was like how they Knight people in England now, anybody can be a candidate...

you are thinking Catholic. Christians don't annoint saints.

Catholics are Christians. Only an ass would disagree with that.

not really. Some might be, most are not. Why? Because they mix law with grace.

I speak from the knowledge of the saints in Islam.

10 days ago was the Mawlid, the birthday of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). It is the 12th of Rabi Al Awwal (which is the first month). The Islamic months are lunar months, and the 13th, the 14th and the 15th of each month are full moon nights. Whenever you look up at the sky and see a full moon, realise it is the 13th, or the 14th or the 15th of one of the 12 months of the Islamic calendar.

Celebrating Mawlid guarantees paradise and no account, no punishment, no admittance in hell. but of course, there is celebrating and celebrating. Merely doing something as a cultural thing is not celebration.

Muslims in the West generally refuse to celebrate the birthday of Muhammad, saying this is not proper Islamic worship; but they are wrong.

On this day, actually this night; Muslims rejoice and eat tasty dishes, taking care not to go beyond the authentic Islamic way of worship. They also read poetry of praise of Muhammad, or hold some talk about the greatness of Muhammad.

Oh please, there are Saints in the Christian religion which really should have not received a vote for Sainthood, back years ago it was like how they Knight people in England now, anybody can be a candidate...

So you're speculating that some might be saved and others not so much. Very bold speculation on your part.

And no we don't mix law with grace. Faith and works are subservient to grace in Ephesians 2:8,9 for a reason. First comes grace, then faith, then works. The reason for that is we cannot possibly by any observance of religious law merit eternal life. That doesn't mean we are left without obligations, as James said, faith without works is dead.

I could explain that in more detail, but I think you're misguided in thinking that Catholics mix law with grace. All Christians everywhere and in every age preach and believe the gospel of grace. Yes, Catholics are Christians, the original Christians. Before you set yourself out to judge us, you might want to do some praying, asking for humility, before making such rash judgments about your brothers and sisters in Christ.

So you're speculating that some might be saved and others not so much. Very bold speculation on your part.

And no we don't mix law with grace. Faith and works are subservient to grace in Ephesians 2:8,9 for a reason. First comes grace, then faith, then works. The reason for that is we cannot possibly by any observance of religious law merit eternal life. That doesn't mean we are left without obligations, as James said, faith without works is dead.

I could explain that in more detail, but I think you're misguided in thinking that Catholics mix law with grace. All Christians everywhere and in every age preach and believe the gospel of grace. Yes, Catholics are Christians, the original Christians. Before you set yourself out to judge us, you might want to do some praying, asking for humility, before making such rash judgments about your brothers and sisters in Christ.

yes but most RC's I know say they do not know if they are saved or are going to Heaven. We come to God naked and as sinners. NOTHING we do can get us in to Heaven or take away our own sins; even good works and obedience. In the RCC Catechism; many times it says we must do good works in order to be saved.

yes but most RC's I know say they do not know if they are saved or are going to Heaven. We come to God naked and as sinners. NOTHING we do can get us in to Heaven or take away our own sins; even good works and obedience. In the RCC Catechism; many times it says we must do good works in order to be saved.
Those RC's are correct. Both presumption of salvation and despair of salvation are considered sins in our faith. Humility forces us to recognize that we will all stand before a just God, and even by grace we are "scarcely saved" (1Peter 4:18). We work out our salvation with fear and trembling (Phil 2:12, 13), the same kind of fear that the Israelites experienced as the angel of death passed over their homes only because it was covered with lamb's blood. Presumptuousness is a product of pride. It's a hideous sin to be avoided.

And yes, we must do good works in order to go to heaven. Matthew 25 is clear in distinguishing those bereft of good works going to perdition from those prolific in good works going to heaven in the Parable of the Sheep and the Goats, and St. James says it in more pithy form saying, "See then that a man is saved by works and not faith alone" (2:24) the only time you see the words "faith alone" in scripture. Those who believe that faith without works can save you are not reading the Bible.

Girl power!

Tragedy befalls you when you meet an irresponsible man. This story is absolutely false. It was formulated by some who studied Islam deeply yet remain non-Muslims, in other words, by some who did not wish to tackle Islam with an open mind.

You are lying. It does not seem to bother you.

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) did not have any jewish concubine, or simply any concubine. He had 2 female servants, or 1, if he married Mariam (may God be well pleased with her) and they were Muslims. Mariam was given to him as a gift from a foreign king, as a sign of respect. She was the only woman, after Khadija (may God be well pleased with her), to bear Muhammad a child, peace be upon him and his family.

Muhammad married Safiyya who was a woman among the noblility of a Jewish tribe which Muhammad subjugated. He killed their men and took their children and their women as servants, with the compliance and the will of God Almighty, because this tribe made an attempt to betray Muhammad and have all the Muslims killed. Safiyya was jewish, but when Muhammad married her, she was a Muslim, and is one of the eminent, the Mothers of the Believers. Her husband (Muhammad) is a prophet, her father (she is a descendant of Moses) is a prophet, and her uncle (Aaron, the brother of Moses) is a prophet.

One time Muhammad was prepared a meal full of poison by a Jewish woman, so that the one who ate with Muhammad died instantly, but nothing happened to Muhammad. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the death of Muhammad. You are lying.

Girl power!

Tragedy befalls you when you meet an irresponsible man. This story is absolutely false. It was formulated by some who studied Islam deeply yet remain non-Muslims, in other words, by some who did not wish to tackle Islam with an open mind.

So if you study islam deeply with an open mind you have to become a Muslim? Bullshit.

People,

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) did not abuse a little girl. He married Aisha when she was very young. This is not a problem. Someone who traveled by night on a heavenly mount, going beyond the heavens, meeting with God, engaging in intimate Companionship and uniting with Him behind all veils, and coming back in the same night may marry a six year old or less; specially if that 6 year old is the daughter of his very best friend, Abu Bakr. Muhammad said and all Muslims at all ages learn it: Aisha is the most dear person to him, and after her, her father Abu Bakr. The heavenly purity and chastity concept for a girl is that she be married the moment she reaches puberty. That's not perversity. That's chastity. Islam separates the men and the women. They don't mix. Islam, as all religions, is based on chastity. This heavenly chastity ideal is represented by Aisha being married very young to Muhammad. She is the only young girl to have been married to Muhammad. Muhammad had 11 wives, all of whom were previously married, except for Aisha. Aisha said, praising Muhammad, that his personality was the Qur'an. Muhammad said, praising Aisha, that she was the daughter of Abu Bakr.

Muhammad did not encourage his followers to turn women captives of war into servants. The society was a society in which there were masters and there were slaves. The master gave the slave to eat from what he ate, and made him wear from what he wore. I am exaggerating a little bit. Muhammad took that fact into account, and said that the masters and the slaves were brothers. He also said that one must free his slaves. Rich people among the Muslims would buy slaves, only to free them. Abu Bakr for example would buy slaves and set them free. Muhammad would reprimand the people for reminding other people that they had been slaves. Islam was strict about it: between two Muslims, the tie is brotherhood. That was in the 7th century. 12 centuries later, the greatest slave market in the history of mankind was developed. It was the product of the Christian world. Muslims were allowed to have intercourse with their female servants, just as he would have intercourse with his wives. This is normal. the sacredness of marriage allows the Muslim to have intercourse with his wife. So also the sacredness of the relationship between a master ans his female servant, whom he owns, allows him to have intercourse with her. She agreed to be his servant. Some in the society were masters, others were servants. This was the structure of the community. If it happened that she did not agree to be his servant, then she would have to be punished, just as today, a teenager can not ill-treat his parents, whom the law protects. Rape does not take place here. As a matter of fact, rape was severely reprimanded. Umar (may God be well pleased with him) had his own son killed, though Umar was the king of the Muslims, because he raped a woman.

Muhammad was illiterate. He did not know how to read or write. When we say Muhammad, the unlettered Messenger, we point to the fact that he is taught by none other than God Almighty Himself. Reading or writing never made a man more intelligent than others. Being responsible is a sign of the intelligence of a man.

Muhammad was not one who wage war mercilessly. He was a lover of His Lord, and a sword of His Lord. He was a friend of His Lord, and he stood up for his friend, he stood up for God Almighty. He was the lion of the battles, the lion against the enemies of God, whom he killed. God has enemies. He gave people free will, but people choose to love other than Him, though He is worthy of their love and entitled to be loved of them. They are not entitled to love other than Him. That is simple logic.They are the enemies of God. The first battle was going to be the only one, as the 1000 unbelievers, at Badr, were about to slaughter the 313 Muslims. However the Muslims achieved a speedy victory. This is about loyalty to God and sincerity, to the point that they were ready to give their lives for the sake of God. "We will not tell you (O Muhammad), as was said to Moses, go fight you and your Lord alone. We will fight before you and after you, to your right and to your left." These were not the actual words spoken by Sad Ibn Muadh to Muhammad at Badr, but something like it. It made Muhammad very pleased. Less than 10 years later Muhammad marched over Mecca, victorious, without shedding blood. He rid the Kaaba of its idols and made a sermon in the Sacred Mosque. Less than 120 years later Islam had spread as far as Persia (Iran) to the east and North Africa and Spain to the West. It allowed for great civilizations to take place in these lands. This was not the acts of a murderer. These were wars made in order that the name of God Almighty be remembered and proclaimed throughout the land. It was done under the directorship of God Almighty Himself, against people who dared to resist and reject the word of God Almighty Himself, who created them and their fathers before you, who took the lives of their fathers before them just as He would take their lives very soon.

Muhammad did not preach hatred for some people, or for some religion. He taught that everyone is equal. There is no such thing as a master who is better than a slave. There is no such thing as a ruler being better than an ordinary man.There is no such thing as a rich man being better than a poor man. There is no such thing as a man being better than another on account of his lineage. There is no such thing as an elderly man being better than a young man. There is no such thing as a man being better than a woman. All men and women are equal. The most pious one is the best one, and piety is in the heart, not just on the acts. Muhammad was heavenly so he taught that the Companions were all very pious and saintly men. He taught that some Companions were more saintly than others. This is how the Muslims made a difference between them, considering this Companion better that this other Companion, and this other Companion better than that other Companion. For example, he said that the sun never rose on a man other than the prophets better than Abu Bakr. There are things that a pious man will not do. When you see someone doing it, you hate and despise him, out of your love for God and His holiness. This is what God wants of you. Don't consider the righteous and the pious as equal, because they are not. But piety is in the heart, and you can not read in the hearts, so use caution. God created one, loves him, gives him food and drink and countless favours that He chose to give him without being forced to do so. If that one loves other than him, he has fallen below the levels of animals, because do not incur the displeasure of God. One who pleases God is better than one who displeases God.

The Qur'an is not a handbook of war for any Muslim out there. The Qur'an is none other than the word of God Almighty which He revealed to Muhammad. Whenever revelation would come, Muhammad would transpire, and would feel some pain until Gabriel had finished revealing the part he revealed. Then Muhammad recited the verses for the people to know them. The word of God Almighty is not for a human being to understand. It is the word of God to Muhammad, not to the human being. But Muhammad made it known to us, so that we have to cherish the word of the Great Almighty God, and we do that by reading everyday a good portion of this book.

Aside from the Qur'an, there are other sacred scriptures: the Hadiths. The Hadiths are the sayings of Muhammad. Muhammad did not talk out of his personal reasoning and his personal feelings. No, rather he is the unlettered Messenger, who is taught by God Almighty Himself, and by none other. There is not a word he utters but that it was revealed to him by God. Basically, whatever Muhammad said is divine because whatever Muhammad said was revelation. The bottom line is that there are 2 sacred scriptures in Islam: the Holy Qur'an and the Holy Hadiths. The Hadiths also are not for any Muslim out there to understand. They are divine, they are revelation.

People,

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) did not abuse a little girl. He married Aisha when she was very young. This is not a problem. Someone who traveled by night on a heavenly mount, going beyond the heavens, meeting with God, engaging in intimate Companionship and uniting with Him behind all veils, and coming back in the same night may marry a six year old or less; specially if that 6 year old is the daughter of his very best friend, Abu Bakr. Muhammad said and all Muslims at all ages learn it: Aisha is the most dear person to him, and after her, her father Abu Bakr. The heavenly purity and chastity concept for a girl is that she be married the moment she reaches puberty. That's not perversity. That's chastity. Islam separates the men and the women. They don't mix. Islam, as all religions, is based on chastity. This heavenly chastity ideal is represented by Aisha being married very young to Muhammad. She is the only young girl to have been married to Muhammad. Muhammad had 11 wives, all of whom were previously married, except for Aisha. Aisha said, praising Muhammad, that his personality was the Qur'an. Muhammad said, praising Aisha, that she was the daughter of Abu Bakr.

Muhammad did not encourage his followers to turn women captives of war into servants. The society was a society in which there were masters and there were slaves. The master gave the slave to eat from what he ate, and made him wear from what he wore. I am exaggerating a little bit. Muhammad took that fact into account, and said that the masters and the slaves were brothers. He also said that one must free his slaves. Rich people among the Muslims would buy slaves, only to free them. Abu Bakr for example would buy slaves and set them free. Muhammad would reprimand the people for reminding other people that they had been slaves. Islam was strict about it: between two Muslims, the tie is brotherhood. That was in the 7th century. 12 centuries later, the greatest slave market in the history of mankind was developed. It was the product of the Christian world. Muslims were allowed to have intercourse with their female servants, just as he would have intercourse with his wives. This is normal. the sacredness of marriage allows the Muslim to have intercourse with his wife. So also the sacredness of the relationship between a master ans his female servant, whom he owns, allows him to have intercourse with her. She agreed to be his servant. Some in the society were masters, others were servants. This was the structure of the community. If it happened that she did not agree to be his servant, then she would have to be punished, just as today, a teenager can not ill-treat his parents, whom the law protects. Rape does not take place here. As a matter of fact, rape was severely reprimanded. Umar (may God be well pleased with him) had his own son killed, though Umar was the king of the Muslims, because he raped a woman.

Muhammad was illiterate. He did not know how to read or write. When we say Muhammad, the unlettered Messenger, we point to the fact that he is taught by none other than God Almighty Himself. Reading or writing never made a man more intelligent than others. Being responsible is a sign of the intelligence of a man.

Muhammad was not one who wage war mercilessly. He was a lover of His Lord, and a sword of His Lord. He was a friend of His Lord, and he stood up for his friend, he stood up for God Almighty. He was the lion of the battles, the lion against the enemies of God, whom he killed. God has enemies. He gave people free will, but people choose to love other than Him, though He is worthy of their love and entitled to be loved of them. They are not entitled to love other than Him. That is simple logic.They are the enemies of God. The first battle was going to be the only one, as the 1000 unbelievers, at Badr, were about to slaughter the 313 Muslims. However the Muslims achieved a speedy victory. This is about loyalty to God and sincerity, to the point that they were ready to give their lives for the sake of God. "We will not tell you (O Muhammad), as was said to Moses, go fight you and your Lord alone. We will fight before you and after you, to your right and to your left." These were not the actual words spoken by Sad Ibn Muadh to Muhammad at Badr, but something like it. It made Muhammad very pleased. Less than 10 years later Muhammad marched over Mecca, victorious, without shedding blood. He rid the Kaaba of its idols and made a sermon in the Sacred Mosque. Less than 120 years later Islam had spread as far as Persia (Iran) to the east and North Africa and Spain to the West. It allowed for great civilizations to take place in these lands. This was not the acts of a murderer. These were wars made in order that the name of God Almighty be remembered and proclaimed throughout the land. It was done under the directorship of God Almighty Himself, against people who dared to resist and reject the word of God Almighty Himself, who created them and their fathers before you, who took the lives of their fathers before them just as He would take their lives very soon.

Muhammad did not preach hatred for some people, or for some religion. He taught that everyone is equal. There is no such thing as a master who is better than a slave. There is no such thing as a ruler being better than an ordinary man.There is no such thing as a rich man being better than a poor man. There is no such thing as a man being better than another on account of his lineage. There is no such thing as an elderly man being better than a young man. There is no such thing as a man being better than a woman. All men and women are equal. The most pious one is the best one, and piety is in the heart, not just on the acts. Muhammad was heavenly so he taught that the Companions were all very pious and saintly men. He taught that some Companions were more saintly than others. This is how the Muslims made a difference between them, considering this Companion better that this other Companion, and this other Companion better than that other Companion. For example, he said that the sun never rose on a man other than the prophets better than Abu Bakr. There are things that a pious man will not do. When you see someone doing it, you hate and despise him, out of your love for God and His holiness. This is what God wants of you. Don't consider the righteous and the pious as equal, because they are not. But piety is in the heart, and you can not read in the hearts, so use caution. God created one, loves him, gives him food and drink and countless favours that He chose to give him without being forced to do so. If that one loves other than him, he has fallen below the levels of animals, because do not incur the displeasure of God. One who pleases God is better than one who displeases God.

The Qur'an is not a handbook of war for any Muslim out there. The Qur'an is none other than the word of God Almighty which He revealed to Muhammad. Whenever revelation would come, Muhammad would transpire, and would feel some pain until Gabriel had finished revealing the part he revealed. Then Muhammad recited the verses for the people to know them. The word of God Almighty is not for a human being to understand. It is the word of God to Muhammad, not to the human being. But Muhammad made it known to us, so that we have to cherish the word of the Great Almighty God, and we do that by reading everyday a good portion of this book.

Aside from the Qur'an, there are other sacred scriptures: the Hadiths. The Hadiths are the sayings of Muhammad. Muhammad did not talk out of his personal reasoning and his personal feelings. No, rather he is the unlettered Messenger, who is taught by God Almighty Himself, and by none other. There is not a word he utters but that it was revealed to him by God. Basically, whatever Muhammad said is divine because whatever Muhammad said was revelation. The bottom line is that there are 2 sacred scriptures in Islam: the Holy Qur'an and the Holy Hadiths. The Hadiths also are not for any Muslim out there to understand. They are divine, they are revelation.

OMG We have a fucking terrorist on usmb. Thank god for the ignore button.

So if you study islam deeply with an open mind you have to become a Muslim? Bullshit.

Any religion that you study deeply with an open mind, you will eventually accept it. The question is whether or not you will approach that religion without doubts and concerns.

People,

Such are the dangers of idol worship. It's pretty clear that the islamist worship of Muhammud (swish) means that Islamism is a polytheistic religion. Mo' (swish), in his invention of Islamism, chose to partner himself with the gods he stole from judaism and Christianity. In doing so, such self aggrandizement elevated him to a status deserving of worship among the fearful and superstitious bedouins of the time.

Mo' (swish) was little more than an accomplished carnival barker.

Muslim75, so I see you have swallowed the lie that Muhammad was taught by God. I wrote a piece on that.

Muslims say that the Quran is a miracle, because it was dictated by an illiterate Arab who had no access to the Bible. Therefore it must have come from God. The Quran itself even says it must be from God, Because it confirms all the previous messages. But how would Muhammad know that if he had never heard the Bible.

The following are three verses in the Quran which refer to Muhammad being illiterate, in which I only quote the relevant text, leaving out the rest of the sura.

7.157 "Those who follow the apostle, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;

7.158 day: So believe in God and His Apostle, the Unlettered Prophet,

62.2 It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered an apostle from among themselves:

But there are three verses in the Quran that mention the Psalms of the Bible by name. sura 4.163 sura 17.55 and sura 21.105

The Quran also mentions the Torah, or the books of Moses and Abraham at many verses; Here are some references.

sura 3.48 sura 4.54 sura 11.17 sura 11.110 sura 19.41 sura 17.2 sura 17.4 sura 23.49 sura 25.35 sura 40.53 sura 41.45 sura 45.16 sura 46.12 sura 53.36 sura 87.19 sura 28.2 sura 32.2 sura

Muslims will try to argue that Muhammad had no access to the bible, but the above references from the Quran show he was well aware of its existence.
The Greek Bible was readily available long before Muhammad's time, and it is well know that Muslim raiders took many manuscripts along with other plunder.
What is even more obvious is that the greater part of the Quran quotes Bible story after Bible story, and many of these quotes are about Jewish old Testament myths that are obviously not a part of real history, and their source can only be Jewish scribes that invented them to promote their own agenda. There has been much work done on Bible criticism, and some of it to show that the story of Noah's ark, and Jonah and the whale, and Adam and Eve, and the drowning of Pharaohs army, and such stories, have no foundation in reality. But the Quran claims them all as a previous message from God.

The following hadith shows that Muhammad sent for the torah and had it read out to him. It also shows his cruelty in having people stoned to death.

Bukhari
Volume 8, Book 82, Number 809:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

A Jew and a Jewess were brought to Allah's Apostle on a charge of committing an illegal sexual intercourse. The Prophet asked them. "What is the legal punishment (for this sin) in your Book (Torah)?" They replied, "Our priests have innovated the punishment of blackening the faces with charcoal and Tajbiya." 'Abdullah bin Salam said, "O Allah's Apostle, tell them to bring the Torah." The Torah was brought, and then one of the Jews put his hand over the Divine Verse of the Rajam (stoning to death) and started reading what preceded and what followed it. On that, Ibn Salam said to the Jew, "Lift up your hand." Behold! The Divine Verse of the Rajam was under his hand. So Allah's Apostle ordered that the two (sinners) be stoned to death, and so they were stoned. Ibn 'Umar added: So both of them were stoned at the Balat and I saw the Jew sheltering the Jewess.

Therefore my conclusion is that Muhammad was well aware of the Bible, and even if he could not read, someone translated and read the Greek Bible to him.

Here, in the Quran, the supposed word of God, Muhammad attempts to justify the fact that people of his own time believed that a man was teaching him the bible.

16.103 We know indeed that they say, "It is a man that teaches him." The tongue of him they wickedly point to is notably foreign, while this is Arabic, pure and clear.

Any religion that you study deeply with an open mind, you will eventually accept it. The question is whether or not you will approach that religion without doubts and concerns.

It seems you closed your mind tight to how your pedophile prophet (piss be upon him) died. His family and closest friends blamed a Jewish concubine, which you say didn't exist. After attacking the defenseless Jewish settlement of Khaibar. After killing most of the men and enslaving the children, he took Safiyah as a wife. It was another Jewish woman who poisoned the lamb she cooked for Muhammad (piss be upon him) that killed him 3 years later.

Yeah, I guess if you're a member of a misogynistic religion so terrified of free, empowered women that you have to cover them head to toe, take away their rights, and kill them as often as possible, you aren't going to be open to the fact that your pedophile prophet was bested by a woman.

To the rest of us who truly do have open minds, it's an amusing historical irony.

Those RC's are correct. Both presumption of salvation and despair of salvation are considered sins in our faith. Humility forces us to recognize that we will all stand before a just God, and even by grace we are "scarcely saved" (1Peter 4:18). We work out our salvation with fear and trembling (Phil 2:12, 13), the same kind of fear that the Israelites experienced as the angel of death passed over their homes only because it was covered with lamb's blood. Presumptuousness is a product of pride. It's a hideous sin to be avoided.

And yes, we must do good works in order to go to heaven.
Matthew 25 is clear in distinguishing those bereft of good works going to perdition from those prolific in good works going to heaven in the Parable of the Sheep and the Goats, and St. James says it in more pithy form saying, "See then that a man is saved by works and not faith alone" (2:24) the only time you see the words "faith alone" in scripture. Those who believe that faith without works can save you are not reading the Bible.

no! not at all. You do good works BECAUSE you are saved not to get saved or stay saved...works do not save.

Forum List

Back