Mueller seeks to question Trump about Flynn and Comey departures

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho

Trump talking under oath, what could possibly go wrong?

"Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III is seeking to question President Trump in the coming weeks about his decisions to oust national security adviser Michael Flynn and FBI Director James B. Comey, according to two people familiar with his plans.

Mueller’s interest in the events that led Trump to push out Flynn and Comey indicates that his investigation is intensifying its focus on possible efforts by the president or others to obstruct or blunt the special counsel’s probe.

Trump’s attorneys have crafted some negotiating terms for the president’s interview with Mueller’s team, one that could be presented to the special counsel as soon as next week, according to the two people."

If I were Trump, I'd tell Mueller to get fucked. He's under ZERO obligation to talk to him.
Sure..but the optics are horrible..and having Mueller supeana Trump..looks worse.

It does bring up an interesting question though.

Who is the President accountable too? Legally accountable.

Solely the US Senate?

The only reason Trump hasn't immediately arrested Mueller is that he need to have a Corleone Baptist Event against all the enemies aligned against him. He can't take any half steps.

Trump has already publicly admitted he fired Comey to get the Russia monkey off his back. That is Obstruction of Justice, and this is explicitly included in Mueller's brief.
Is the President immune from criminal prosecution?
Obstruction of justice, immunity, impeachment: A primer

I agree.
Now, and it has been for some time, this is a case about obstruction and perjury..possibility of some good old malfeasance, thrown in for good measure.
This is Mueller's endgame..get Trump in a room where he is legally responsible if he lies.

I predict a long, long sequence of Executive Privilege claims ala Reagan and Iran-Contra.

So mueller is going Beyond the scope of his authority and no one has issues with it.

Can someone please tell me when mueller plans to bring charges against anyone for working the Russians to interfere with our election?

Cause it’s getting to the point where I think this guy should be fired for abusing his authority

The only reason Trump hasn't immediately arrested Mueller is that he need to have a Corleone Baptist Event against all the enemies aligned against him. He can't take any half steps.
Youre trusting an orange con-man over a decorated Vietnam war veteran.

Does serving in Vietnam make one instantly trustworthy no Matter what they do?

Does not serving in Vietnam make someone instantly untrustworthy?

Please help me understand what service in Vietnam has to do with anything

Trump talking under oath, what could possibly go wrong?

"Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III is seeking to question President Trump in the coming weeks about his decisions to oust national security adviser Michael Flynn and FBI Director James B. Comey, according to two people familiar with his plans.

Mueller’s interest in the events that led Trump to push out Flynn and Comey indicates that his investigation is intensifying its focus on possible efforts by the president or others to obstruct or blunt the special counsel’s probe.

Trump’s attorneys have crafted some negotiating terms for the president’s interview with Mueller’s team, one that could be presented to the special counsel as soon as next week, according to the two people."

Anonymous sources said that insiders revealed that they knew someone who reportedly heard from a friend that this might happen.

Compare a draft dodger (bone spurs) to a decorated war veteran.
Which one would you trust.
Or, compare someone who has been head of FBI for a decade vs somebody with thousands of lawsuits.

Or, compare someone who has been head of FBI for a decade vs somebody with thousands of lawsuits.
Hitler was a decorated war veteran

Hitler was a decorated war veteran

Are you REALLY trying to compare Mueller to Hitler?

Godwin much?

Trump has already publicly admitted he fired Comey to get the Russia monkey off his back. That is Obstruction of Justice, and this is explicitly included in Mueller's brief.

I agree.
Now, and it has been for some time, this is a case about obstruction and perjury..possibility of some good old malfeasance, thrown in for good measure.
This is Mueller's endgame..get Trump in a room where he is legally responsible if he lies.

I predict a long, long sequence of Executive Privilege claims ala Reagan and Iran-Contra.

Trump is under no obligation at talk to Mueller. End of story. He might have an off the record conversation or send him a letter, but that is as far as it should go.

You don't get to question your boss, do you?

Why should I trust either of them?

More particular why should being the head of the fbi mean you are inherently trustworthy. I’d like the head of the tHe fbi to be trustworthy but I realize bureaucrats don’t value honesty like I do.

Moreover if integrity exists by virtue of office why should I trust the president of the United States less than a former fbi director?

I agree.

Trump is under no obligation at talk to Mueller. End of story. He might have an off the record conversation or send him a letter, but that is as far as it should go.

You don't get to question your boss, do you?

I did during the entire 20 years of my Navy career. If I knew my boss was wrong, I would grab the manual and show them where the mistake was and how to fix it.

Forum List

Back