CDZ Mueller investigation. How will it pan out ?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Tommy Tainant, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Lucy Hamilton

Lucy Hamilton Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,225
    I only know this because a few days ago I was emailing with an American friend in Texas who is a lawyer and also he voted for Trump and supports Trump and I say that The Donald could Pardon Manafort and he say he would not recommend that The Donald did that and I ask why and he told me because then Manafort would forfeit his right to the Fifth Amendment.

2. Tommy Tainant

Tommy Tainant Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,997
  3. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,489
  4. Lucy Hamilton

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,225
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,439
    The Trump organisation is pursued after in New York NOT by Mueller, so was Cohen by the way. The reason that Manafort was tried by Mueller because it was clearly federal and even international. It could very well be that both investigations overlap. As I said business dealings by multinationals don't stay in a single jurisdiction. Mueller though is pretty circumspect in what crimes he pursues and what is left to other prosecutor teams. Doesn't it at all raise questions to you, that people are pleading guilty, get convicted and get immunity all around the Presidents orbit? It hardly seems like it was all above board to me.

6. Tommy Tainant

Tommy Tainant Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,997
    I would think it would be an important part of what hold,if any, the Russians have over Trump. He does a lot of business with the Russians. Its one of the first places I would look.

7. task0778

task0778 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,085
    I have no idea what you're talking about here. You are saying that Manafort is going to be forced to testify in a trial against Trump, and the judge is going to ask Manafort how he pleads? I don't know where you're coming from, but Manafort has already been found guilty of a number of charges, with another trail to come. In that 2nd trial, even though he has already been found guilty in the 1st one, I maintain that he still has his 5th Amendment Rights against self-incrimination. AND, should he be subpoenaed to a trial against Trump (which won't happen until he's out of office BTW), he STILL has the right to invoke that Right.

8. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,439
    No I said that Manafort plead NOT guilty in his trial, that he didn't change his plea during the trial, and as such holds on to the claim of not being guilty. Taking a pardon though is admitting guilt. When you admit guilt you lose the right to not self incriminate for reasons I already stated. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

9. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,439
    And yes Manafort could then be forced to testify against Trump and during that trial he can't refuse to answer questions on the basis of taking the Fifth.

10. Lucy Hamilton

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,225
    Many do business with Russians and also Chinese, so are all those to also be investigated or not? Look at the Dianne Feinstein woman her ASSISTANT was a Chinese spy for TWENTY YEARS, she of course says she did not know, she was or still is on the Senate Committee that is charged with Top Secret Information, the Chinese for decades since at least Bill Clinton have been stealing Top Secret American Information, Feinstein said she did not know her assistant was a Chinese spy for twenty years, where is that Investigation? They have no Investigation.

What HOLD do the Chinese have on x amount of Democrats? What about The Clinton Foundation? Why no Investigation? If you have an Investigation why not Investigate ALL of them, how many American Senators are on some payroll or being blackmailed by Chinese, Russians, Saudi's, Israel etc

Who has OWNED the American Government and it's politicians for DECADES? Not Russia I tell you.