Mueller intended for Congress to decide if trump obstructed justice....NOT BARR!

Any hacking in Trump's campaign was done while Obama was president, the same president that said our elections were too big for Russia to hack.
Sorry hadit Obama was on the money
A year ago today, The New Republic published Brian Beutler’s piece: Obama Is Warning America About Trump’s Presidency. Are You Listening?. The occasion was a press conference President Obama gave two days prior, on November 14th. It’s worth revisiting both Beutler’s article and Obama’s warnings.

As Beutler pointed out, President Obama was outwardly upbeat but the subtext of what he was saying was terrifying. While Obama promised to be as helpful as possible and noted repeatedly that Trump would not face the same kind of instant calamities that he had faced at the beginning of his presidency, he clearly did not think Trump was temperamentally fit to be president and did not predict success.

One concern was proper staffing.

“The most important point I made,” Obama told reporters at the White House, referring to his conversation last week with Trump, “was that how you staff—particularly your chief of staff, your national security adviser, your White House counsel, how you set up a process and a system to surface information, generate options for a president, understanding that ultimately the president is going to be the final decision maker, that that’s something that’s going to have to be attended to right away.”

That seems prescient in retrospect, considering that Trump’s first National Security Adviser lasted only a few weeks and his first chief of staff only a little over half a year. We can go down the list from there, to include Steve Bannon, Sean Spicer, and several other important members of his initial team.

Another concern was Trump’s lack of respect for the truth.

“I think there will be certain elements of his temperament that will not serve him well unless he recognizes them and corrects them,” Obama added, “because when you’re a candidate and you say something that is inaccurate or controversial, it has less impact than it does when you’re president of the United States. Everybody around the world is paying attention, markets move. National security issues require a level of precision in order to make sure you don’t make mistakes. I think he recognizes that this is different.”

Trump has blundered on foreign policy matters from the outset, including famously his treatment of Taiwan and his refusal to commit to NATO’s Article 5 mutual defense provision. But it’s his bombast and imprecision on North Korea policy that had the Senate Foreign Relations Committee exploring ways to limit his ability to start a nuclear war earlier this week.

Obama was also clearly worried that Trump would not abide by rules, laws and norms and that this would land him in hot water:

“One of the things you discover about being president is that there are all these rules and norms and laws and you’ve got to pay attention to them,” Obama said, as if the president-elect weren’t a 70-year-old person with a fancy education. “The people who work for you are also subject to those rules and norms. And that’s a piece of advice that I gave to the incoming president.”

“We listened to the lawyers,” Obama said, “and we had a strong White House Counsel’s Office. We had a strong Ethics Office. We had people in every agency whose job it was to remind people, this is how you’re supposed to do things…. We had to just try to institutionalize this as much as we could. And that takes a lot of work. And one of my suggestions to the incoming president is, is that he take that part of the job seriously, as well.”

Trump could not possibly have taken those concerns less seriously. His violations of the Emoluments Clause are staggering, and his appointment of his daughter and son-in-law created immediate problems for him. His decision to fire James Comey is perhaps his greatest mistake, but his lack of respect for norms is seen clearly on a daily basis, from his displeasure with Jeff Sesssions’s recusal to his pressure on the Department of Justice to investigate Hillary Clinton.

Obama was restrained in what he said last year, but his warnings were clear and, unfortunately, very accurate.
/——/ Obozo giving advice is like the night watchman on the Titanic shouting full speed ahead.
cellblock while I appreciate your sense of humor it's not close to the truth You keep on listening, supporting this moron in office now while he takes america down a muddy road

I don’t believe Trump nor do I believe Obama, he comes of to me as a do as I say not as I do type person.
Why when reading your posts then do you seem so one sided republican? Or is it just my imagination?
/——/ I’m one sided Tea Party.

They hacked into Obamas election ?? The one he won overwhelmingly??

Any hacking in Trump's campaign was done while Obama was president, the same president that said our elections were too big for Russia to hack.
A year ago today, The New Republic published Brian Beutler’s piece: Obama Is Warning America About Trump’s Presidency. Are You Listening?. The occasion was a press conference President Obama gave two days prior, on November 14th. It’s worth revisiting both Beutler’s article and Obama’s warnings.

As Beutler pointed out, President Obama was outwardly upbeat but the subtext of what he was saying was terrifying. While Obama promised to be as helpful as possible and noted repeatedly that Trump would not face the same kind of instant calamities that he had faced at the beginning of his presidency, he clearly did not think Trump was temperamentally fit to be president and did not predict success.

“The most important point I made,” Obama told reporters at the White House, referring to his conversation last week with Trump, “was that how you staff—particularly your chief of staff, your national security adviser, your White House counsel, how you set up a process and a system to surface information, generate options for a president, understanding that ultimately the president is going to be the final decision maker, that that’s something that’s going to have to be attended to right away.”

That seems prescient in retrospect, considering that Trump’s first National Security Adviser lasted only a few weeks and his first chief of staff only a little over half a year. We can go down the list from there, to include Steve Bannon, Sean Spicer, and several other important members of his initial team.

“I think there will be certain elements of his temperament that will not serve him well unless he recognizes them and corrects them,” Obama added, “because when you’re a candidate and you say something that is inaccurate or controversial, it has less impact than it does when you’re president of the United States. Everybody around the world is paying attention, markets move. National security issues require a level of precision in order to make sure you don’t make mistakes. I think he recognizes that this is different.”

Trump has blundered on foreign policy matters from the outset, including famously his treatment of Taiwan and his refusal to commit to NATO’s Article 5 mutual defense provision. But it’s his bombast and imprecision on North Korea policy that had the Senate Foreign Relations Committee exploring ways to limit his ability to start a nuclear war earlier this week.

Obama was also clearly worried that Trump would not abide by rules, laws and norms and that this would land him in hot water:

“One of the things you discover about being president is that there are all these rules and norms and laws and you’ve got to pay attention to them,” Obama said, as if the president-elect weren’t a 70-year-old person with a fancy education. “The people who work for you are also subject to those rules and norms. And that’s a piece of advice that I gave to the incoming president.”

“We listened to the lawyers,” Obama said, “and we had a strong White House Counsel’s Office. We had a strong Ethics Office. We had people in every agency whose job it was to remind people, this is how you’re supposed to do things…. We had to just try to institutionalize this as much as we could. And that takes a lot of work. And one of my suggestions to the incoming president is, is that he take that part of the job seriously, as well.”

Trump could not possibly have taken those concerns less seriously. His violations of the Emoluments Clause are staggering, and his appointment of his daughter and son-in-law created immediate problems for him. His decision to fire James Comey is perhaps his greatest mistake, but his lack of respect for norms is seen clearly on a daily basis, from his displeasure with Jeff Sesssions’s recusal to his pressure on the Department of Justice to investigate Hillary Clinton.

Obama was restrained in what he said last year, but his warnings were clear and, unfortunately, very accurate.

If Obama listened to others, then why did he wait over two years to sanction Russia for meddling in our elections, and weak sanctions at that.
Pap in response I have no idea the answer to your question I only BELIEVE there is one What I also believe strongly is this Trump in our Presidency is all wrong, nothing like what america aspires to be thought of He's a low life piece of crap looking to get away with what ever he can

I have lots of questions about the Mueller report, one is why did he need to meet with Russians however I also feel Obama not doing anything was politically motivated also and his sanctions were just for show because he was forced into it, otherwise, he’d have done nothing in 2016.
Of course you don't think that Trumps so called sanctions against putin were just for show ,,,and he tried to rescind most of them??

/——/ Obozo giving advice is like the night watchman on the Titanic shouting full speed ahead.
cellblock while I appreciate your sense of humor it's not close to the truth You keep on listening, supporting this moron in office now while he takes america down a muddy road

I don’t believe Trump nor do I believe Obama, he comes of to me as a do as I say not as I do type person.
Why when reading your posts then do you seem so one sided republican? Or is it just my imagination?

I told people I would wait for the Mueller Report and I have more questions than answered questions. I lean toward the right, always have. I didn’t support Trump for the same reason I didn’t support Clinton, I don’t believe either is honest, I don’t think either was good for the nation. So, though I don’t like Trump, his stance on issues have been good for America. As a person, I don’t like him, that is why I’d like a Republican to run against him, however if there is a middle road Democrat, I could vote for them. The far left like Warren, Sanders and the guy in South Bend, they are too hard left for me to like. I did like Sanders in 2016 but he seems like a do as I say not as I do politician, which turns me off.

The one thing I like about Trump is he triggers the far left party over country Democrats.

The best Democrat have is AOC, she is a breath of fresh air. She stirs the establishment up and has shown the Democratic Party to be hypocrites. I do worry money will eventually corrupt her.

If Obama listened to others, then why did he wait over two years to sanction Russia for meddling in our elections, and weak sanctions at that.
Pap in response I have no idea the answer to your question I only BELIEVE there is one What I also believe strongly is this Trump in our Presidency is all wrong, nothing like what america aspires to be thought of He's a low life piece of crap looking to get away with what ever he can

I have lots of questions about the Mueller report, one is why did he need to meet with Russians however I also feel Obama not doing anything was politically motivated also and his sanctions were just for show because he was forced into it, otherwise, he’d have done nothing in 2016.
Of course you don't think that Trumps so called sanctions against putin were just for show ,,,and he tried to rescind most of them??

His were for show as well, it is clear that Russia had something going on with Obama and with Trump.

Here is the quote from the Mueller document

Under OLC's analysis, Congress can permissibly criminalize certain obstructive conduct
by the President
, such as suborning perjury , intimidating witnesses, or fabricating evidence ,
because those prohibitions raise no separation-of-powers questions. See Application of 28 U.S.C.
§ 458 to Presidential Appointments of Federal Judges, 19 Op. O.L.C. at 357 n.11. The
Constitution does not authorize the President to engage in such conduct, and those actions would
transgress the President's duty to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed. " U.S . CONST.
ART IT, §§ 3.
_________________________________________________________________________________

The lying POS needs to be handled!

Well tell Pelosi to get working and if she fails I know you will blame Trump...

Seriously, how can you even compare the Hillary email on a private sever, because she wanted her personal emails to stay private, to THIS?

Because the server was not just for her private emails. She was using that server to store and manipulate government emails, and then professional erased those government emails after a subpoena from the US Congress. She used that server to forward classified emails to entities not secured by our government, including her sidekick that stored them on her computer that was used by her husband to send dirty pictures of himself all over the world.

You and trump....you got Hillary up YOUR ASS....You have a president who was coodinating the release of stolen emails and you are still worried about Hillary. What a clueless SOB you are!

I'm not worried about Hillary, you better worry about Hillary.

His were for show as well, it is clear that Russia had something going on with Obama and with Trump.
Did russia try to win the presidency for obama like they did for the trump snake?

Wait a minute: What kind of help could the Russians provide to Trump that helped him win? Did the Russians sneak into the country and vote in our election that we're not aware of or something?
They targeted areas with vile lies about Hillary on social media Trump and his campaign were in bed with putin Hopefully Trump will do something, anything to stop russia from hacking into our elections again but I doubt he will Couldn't your shit for brains Trump at least tell Putin ,any more involvement in our elections and there will be severe sanctions?

You mean like Obama didn't?
They hacked into Obamas election ?? The one he won overwhelmingly??

Which has what to do with Obama dismissing the possibility of Russia tampering with the election?

Did russia try to win the presidency for obama like they did for the trump snake?

Since it was 2014 that the Obama administration found out that Russia was interfering in our elections, the answer would be no. His lack of action set up 2016 quite well, didn’t it.

Under OLC's analysis, Congress can permissibly criminalize certain obstructive conduct
by the President
because those prohibitions raise no separation-of-powers questions. See Application of 28 U.S.C.
§ 458 to Presidential Appointments of Federal Judges, 19 Op. O.L.C. at 357 n.11. The
Constitution does not authorize the President to engage in such conduct, and those actions would
transgress the President's duty to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed. " U.S . CONST.
ART IT, §§ 3.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Mueller didn't work for congress, his recommendations were for the DOJ.

Intentions assessments by liberals are mostly feelings speculation so naturally liberals would gravitate there rather than to what the actual, factual procedures and responsibilities are.

Last edited:

Since it was 2014 that the Obama administration found out that Russia was interfering in our elections, the answer would be no. His lack of action set up 2016 quite well, didn’t it.
And Rump and repubs relished it

by the President
ART IT, §§ 3.

Hey dummy. How do you obstruct something that didn't happen??

Very simple. You don't.

What a blockhead you are.

Forum List

Back