Mueller Indictments Make It Impossible for Trump to Lie About Russian Election Interference

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
“…what this latest set of indictments proves beyond a shadow of a doubt is that, yes, Russia staged an aggressive and elaborate effort to influence the 2016 election.

This was a multi-pronged campaign -- social media, in-person meetings, political rallies -- by the Russians to beat Hillary Clinton and elect Donald Trump. It employed hundreds of people.

That analysis, of course, jibes with the unanimous conclusion of the intelligence community in 2017 that Russia actively sought to influence the 2016 election in support of Trump.

What it runs directly counter to is Trump's ongoing -- and persistent -- attempts to cast the entire special counsel investigation as nothing more than a politically motivated sideshow.”

Robert Mueller just made it impossible for Trump to call the special counsel probe a 'total hoax' - CNNPolitics

Of course no one believed Trump’s ridiculous lies to begin with.

Mueller Indictments Make It Impossible for Trump to Lie About Russian Election Interference

Surely you jest? Trump has lied about all manners of things, great and small. The Russians' interference in the 2016 electoral process is just one more he has and will continue to lie about.

no one believed Trump’s ridiculous lies to begin with.
Again, surely you jest?

Trump and his retarded supporters are going to be dragged kicking and screaming into accepting reality.

Even if every one of the bastards have to be deported to putins russia.
I think Trumpkins will be "dragged" somewhere.
I think Trumpkins will kick and scream while being "dragged" there.
I do not think Trumpkins will ever accept reality.

Surely you jest? Trump has lied about all manners of things, great and small. The Russians' interference in the 2016 electoral process is just one more he has and will continue to lie about.
I don't think Trump actually lies. There is a interesting and very erudite book on lies and confabulation: On Bullshit: Harry G. Frankfurt

The author distinguishes between lying and bullshit. He defines lying as telling a falsehood when you actually know the truth. Bullshit is telling a falsehood and not knowing or caring whether it's true or not.

Sometimes Trump actually lies, but for the most part I would not even call it bullshit, I would call it confabulation. It is a more clinical disturbance defined as fabrication about oneself or the world without a conscious intention to deceive.

Confabulation is a more serious deficit than lying. Lying is done in salesmanship, as he no doubt has done many times, whereas confabulation seems to take over ones whole psyche.

‘[Trump] now believes that even if there was a Russian effort to influence the American election, it started in 2014 and therefore has nothing to do with him. The indictment, though, is chock-full of specific facts that the Russian efforts were all about him. More specifically: all about electing him.

The indictment notes, for instance, at paragraphs 63 and 64, that in June of 2016, the defendants and their co-conspirators sought to stir up anti-Muslim sentiment and voters by placing ads on Facebook promoting a "Support Hillary. Save American Muslims" rally. They carefully used some of their millions in July of that year to produce a poster embossed with a quote they falsely attributed to Hillary Clinton, "I think Sharia Law will be a powerful new direction of freedom." The phony quote was in wide circulation during the presidential campaign.’

Mueller's compelling story of Russian intrigue designed to elect Trump (Opinion) - CNN

In essence Trump continues to attempt to propagate his ridiculous lie.

“…what this latest set of indictments proves beyond a shadow of a doubt is that, yes, Russia staged an aggressive and elaborate effort to influence the 2016 election.

This was a multi-pronged campaign -- social media, in-person meetings, political rallies -- by the Russians to beat Hillary Clinton and elect Donald Trump. It employed hundreds of people.

That analysis, of course, jibes with the unanimous conclusion of the intelligence community in 2017 that Russia actively sought to influence the 2016 election in support of Trump.

What it runs directly counter to is Trump's ongoing -- and persistent -- attempts to cast the entire special counsel investigation as nothing more than a politically motivated sideshow.”

Robert Mueller just made it impossible for Trump to call the special counsel probe a 'total hoax' - CNNPolitics

Of course no one believed Trump’s ridiculous lies to begin with.

Trumpsters will still lie about it.

They will either lie that this is all part of the "Deep State' attack on Trump- so none of it is true and Putin is our pal.

Or they will lie and say that Trump never, ever, claimed that the entire Russia investigation was a witch hunt against him and that there was never any Russian interference.

Forum List

Back