Mubarak to step down soon

To TM

Are you naive? Take a look at Tunsia--The parliament already nominated a dictator right after the people got rid of a dictator! The Islamist--AKA muslims--will take over and promote Islam !

It is over!

Oh boy, lucky them!

Now instead of living under a civilian dictatorship, they get to live under a military dictatorship.

obama-climate-change.jpg

To TM

Are you naive? Take a look at Tunsia--The parliament already nominated a dictator right after the people got rid of a dictator! The Islamist--AKA muslims--will take over and promote Islam !

It is over!

And the people will march in the streets and take their country back from anyone who tries to dictate to them.

They now know how to do it and that it works

This will be an interesting time. A power vacuum and a power grab.

Yep.
All we can hope is that the Muslim Brotherhood is not the one doing the grabbing. They are certainly going to try, and they will get P L E N T Y of help from Iran in financing and organization to attempt it.\
It is not out of the realm of possibilities, they are quite organized and well connected.

Granny so happy, she been belly-dancin' `round the livin' room...
:clap2:
Mubarak resigns; military takes over in Egypt
11 Feb.`11 — Hundreds of thousands of protesters screamed and cheered Friday as it was announced that President Hosni Mubarak was stepping down.
Chanting "Free Egypt!" the crowds exploded in jubilant cries of joy, blaring car horns, dancing in the streets, waving flags and singing after 18 days of protests finally ousted Mubarak. People dropped to their knees in prayer. Chants from Tahrir Square where the protests began were audible hundreds of yards away as the announcement was made on state television.

Vice President Omar Suleiman delivered the message: "I, President Mubarak, have decided to step down as president of Egypt and have assigned the higher council of the armed forces to run the affairs of the country." Moments after Suleiman made the announcement just after nightfall fireworks lit up the sky and celebratory gunshots could be heard.

"Independence!" cried an old man in Arabic, as he ran out of his house and into the street to join the celebrations. "I am happy, very happy, 30 years is enough," said Mubarak Muhammad, grinning over the counter of his small restaurant in downtown Cairo. "Tonight I will take my children and flag and celebrate, I will go in my car, beep beep!"

MORE

See also:

Mubarak assets frozen by Swiss government
11 Feb.`11 - The Swiss government has frozen any assets in its banks that belong to former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak or his family.
Switzerland's government moved Friday to freeze any assets in the country's banks that might belong to former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak or his family, the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs said Friday. Mubarak ended his 30-year reign Friday, stepping down following 18 days of protests against his rule. An official statement from the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs said the Swiss cabinet had frozen all funds belong to Mubarak or "his circles."

"The [government] intends in doing so to avoid any risk of embezzlement of Egyptian state property," the statement read. "At the same time, the cabinet calls on responsible authorities in Egypt to comply with the justified demands of the Egyptian people in a quick, credible, participatory and transparent manner." The government does not know what assets, if any, the banks have, said Norbert Baerlocher, a spokesman for the Swiss embassy in Washington. It is widely believed that Mubarak and his family are extremely wealthy, but estimates as to his total net worth vary widely and haven't been confirmed.

On Tuesday, the Swiss finance minister had asked the banks to see what Mubarak assets they were holding. The banks do not yet have a "clear picture" of what is held, the spokesman said. This is normal procedure when the Swiss government believes there might be assets of a foreign leader who is "politically exposed," Baerlocher said.

The Swiss banking system is known for its secrecy. But in recent years, the banks have made concessions in the interest of providing more transparency. The lack of action by foreign governments to freeze Mubarak's assets as the protests unfolded was a "deep source of frustration" among the Egyptians protesting in the streets, according to Amaney Jamal, a Princeton University professor who is director of the Workshop on Arab Political Development.

Jamal told CNN's Kyra Phillips on Tuesday that the protests were spurred by the perception that Mubarak used his power to consolidate wealth while "squandering ... the resources of Egypt." A spokeswoman for the Treasury Department declined to comment when asked if the United States would pursue a similar course. "I'm going to decline to comment, as it is not Treasury's policy to comment on possible or pending investigations or enforcement actions," Treasury spokeswoman Marti Adams said.

Source

Forum List

Back