MTV's Vote or Die: Campaign of Fear

JohnGalt said:
dude, I will definetely try that... although I don't think they will hire a 16 year old; but just maybe. I am also going to talk to my school counciler to see if I can't get an internship or something.

Sounds like an effective plan. You couldn't work at a gas station, you have to be 18 (because of cigarette and alcohol sales).

I am surprised that McD's won't hire you. My first job was at an Amusement Park. You would know it, I worked at Elitch's when they were at 38th and Tennyson in Denver rather than at the new location in LoDo, long before they were Six Flags.

JohnGalt said:
Notice how I include you entire quote... almost fair, isn't it?

If you even bothered to read my post you would know that WalMart didn't even accept me. I have filled out over 15 applications. Seriously. I cannot find work.

If I owned a company I would go out of my way to track myself down and hire the hell outta me.

Could always start your own job. my little sister is doing that. she cant find a job (though i dont think she really looked) so she is going to sell arts and crafts online.

Sir Evil said:
man MTV sucks, I haven't watched it since like 1985! but it's an easy way to reach the kids at home with nothing better to do than watch this crap. too bad they have been duped!

For those of you who have kids, do them a favor....encourage them to read books. Furthermore, be a good example to them and start reading regularly yourself. Children learn by imitation.

A Republic cannot exist with ignorant citizens nor with citizens who are given to license. If you want your kids and grandchildren to remain free, encourage them to pursue knowledge.

And don't just read anything, either. Read good books. Your mind is like your body, if you feed it junk, it will just get weak and flabby. The classics, the writings of our Founding Fathers, the writings of the great thinkers....seek wisdom and it will be more valuable to you than rubies!

New Topics

Forum List

Back