MTV's Show "No Easy Decision"... Really?... Why?... It's not Murder.

Whether it's what someone does or does not want, men simply "declaring" where they came from.....is simply men doing so, anyways.

I don't mind declaring them inalienable, but that doesn't mean they came from....God, G*d, Jehova, Spaghetti Monster, etc. etc.

The Founders Disagree...

:)

peace...

I'm guessing he's never read the Declaration of Independence.

First paragraph:

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

First sentence second paragraph :

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

...the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them...

What is "Nature's God"? Is that some special God of Nature? Like Mother Earth or something?

Whether it's what someone does or does not want, men simply "declaring" where they came from.....is simply men doing so, anyways.

I don't mind declaring them inalienable, but that doesn't mean they came from....God, G*d, Jehova, Spaghetti Monster, etc. etc.

The Founders Disagree...

peace...

First paragraph:

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Why would you guess that?

The Founders Disagree...

peace...

First paragraph:

Because you said this....

Our rights in essence were not given to us by MAN, so man cant take them away.... so if you think that "God, G*d, Jehova, Spaghetti Monster, etc. etc" gave you your rights, well whatever.... they were'nt given to us a by man or men.

The Founders declared this in the original documents.... its there for all to read.

First paragraph:

Our rights in essence were not given to us by MAN, so man cant take them away.... so if you think that "God, G*d, Jehova, Spaghetti Monster, etc. etc" gave you your rights, well whatever.... they were'nt given to us a by man or men.

The Founders declared this in the original documents.... its there for all to read.

It doesn't matter what the "Founders" said.

The fact that MAN can take away your rights kinda negates your argument. I mean, all you guys talk about these days is Illegal Immigration - isn't stopping someone from crossing the border impeding their "right" to the "pursuit of happiness"?

What about the Bill of Rights? Were those given to us by man?

First paragraph:

You're not getting what I'm saying.

I'm saying that just because you..........or I........or Founders, or anyone *say* they were from our Creator, doesn't mean that they *were,* and that The Founders wrote where they felt they were from, doesn't make it so.

Further, saying so doesn't mean that I didn't read anything.

It doesn't matter what the "Founders" said.

The fact that MAN can take away your rights kinda negates your argument. I mean, all you guys talk about these days is Illegal Immigration - isn't stopping someone from crossing the border impeding their "right" to the "pursuit of happiness"?

God only granted inalienable rights to Americans and/or non-Americans with visas.

I'm jjust not getting the "duhh, the founders said they were from the creator so they're from the creator" argument.

I'm jjust not getting the "duhh, the founders said they were from the creator so they're from the creator" argument.

Some people tend to believe anything that is handwritten on parchment with dipped ink.

Some people tend to believe anything that is handwritten on parchment with dipped ink.

That's what I'm getting.

I mean, I challenged that Rights came from God, and someone's response was actually "he must not have read the declaration of independance," ...........i was like :eek: @ the discrepancy in that logic. :eusa_angel:

That's what I'm getting.

I mean, I challenged that Rights came from God, and someone's response was actually "he must not have read the declaration of independance," ...........i was like :eek: @ the discrepancy in that logic. :eusa_angel:

My question is "Are the Bill of Rights God given rights?"

If so, why would God give you the right to bear arms and why would God prevents the government from quartering soldiers in your home during peace time without your consent.

And if the Bill of Right was created by man and issued by the Gov't, then theoretically, they can take them away (which I know they can't because of the Constitution).

No Easy Decision
It's Curious to me that this is Controversial for MTV...

Abortion isn't Murder, it's a God Given Right, isn't it?

So why is Abortion not an "Easy Decision"?...

There... I'm Political again.

peace...

Abortion is never God given right
Its man's decision.

You obviously know nothing about what teens look for in television programming. Actually, the only thing you're good at is regurgitating nonstop stupidity.

True Life has been an MTV series for years, winning an emmy and nominated many times. Sixteen and Pregnant is a wakeup call for kids who still think like children but their bodies react like adults, and is intended to be a deterrent for not bringing unwanted children into the world. Oh my, what a horribly liberal thing to do!! :evil:

True Life | Full Episodes, Photos, Episode Synopsis and Recaps | MTV
Full True Life Summary ..Since its first episode in 1998, True Life has provided a window into the struggles, hopes, and dreams of young people. Narrated solely by its characters, each episode documents the unusual--and often remarkable--circumstances of real individuals, whether it's about soldiers returning from Iraq, deaf teenagers, or people living with autism. We've given all of them--and hundreds of others--the opportunity to tell their own stories directly to their peers in this powerful, Emmy award winning series that uniquely reflects the experiences and cultures of this generation.

So where should teens go for entertainment? Start playing World of Wars and get hooked on thinking the world is really made up of mythical creatures they can morph into at will (and for a fee)?? They could always choose the CW channel and watch endless reruns of Dukes of Hazard, which is probably more your speed, or one of the Christian channels where they'll be taught the wrath of God will be upon them if they fuck around before they're married. Would those choices be better? Asshole?

Well it's not working and in fact, teens are getting pregnant just to get on the show.
Teens Becoming Pregnant To Get On 'Teen Mom'?
The "American Idol", everyone wants to be famous world has only helped to increase the problem. I care not how many Emmy's the program has won, only the unintended consequences of the show. To call this "entertainment" is to glorify these situations. Are you suggesting, based on your clear shot at Christians, that Christian programming is worse than MTV programming? Perhaps instead of watching TV 24/7, the youth could find constructive activities with their time such as volunteering at senior citizen homes, working with young children, or just helping their local towns.

No Easy Decision

peace...

Abortion is never God given right
Its man's decision.

Well... Legally Speaking, the Man has NO Say... :thup:

And that's about 25% why it's Immoral and Corrupt.

peace...

No Easy Decision | Full Episodes, Photos, Episode Synopsis and Recaps | MTV

peace...

Everything legal is a simple decision, just because it's legal?:eusa_eh:

What's Difficult about it?... Oh yeah, the Heartbeat of the Child.

Weeks One Through Four | Pregnancy.org

I have NEVER heard a Mother Refer to the Child in her Womb as a Fetus...

Not once.

It's always a "Baby"...

Abortion Kills Babies...

That's why Abortion is NOT an "Easy" Decision...

Who'd a Thunk it?

I bet MTV Thought they Discovered something with this! :lol:

There is a Catholic Church in Boulder that has a Memorial for/by Parents who have Aborted their Children and Live with that Guilt for the rest of their Lives...

If you have ever seen a Grieving Parent who Believed the Liars that it wasn't a Human Life, you would be Touched... I would Hope.

Every Person I used to Debate Abortion with 20+ years ago who has taken Part in an Abortion since, either by being the Mother or the Father in the Decision, no longer wants to Discuss or Support "Abortion Rights" or Abortion at all.

Not one... And I Pray for them.

Where is the 20/20 or CNN Special on these People and the Guilt they Deal with?... The Suicide Rates for them?...

Not Curious at all, are they?...

peace...

Thanks for the Reminder ZB...

peace...

Forum List

Back