Mt. Kilauea Really Isn't Fucking Around

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Again, in the summer in good ole rotten Califuckia, we're having a big, sudden burst of foggy, drizzly weather. Trust me, at this time of year it's always cloudless, sun-baked and at least 80 degrees. I hadn't kept real close tabs on Hawaii's lava "birth contractions" (the Big Island is still getting bigger by the day as a result of it), but I assume it had a recent blast of major volcanism a few days ago because - right on schedule - our summer weather suddenly cold incredibly cold and heavily misty. Like flipping a light switch.

Keep in mind that every peaceful, idyllic, dreamy paradise island in the Pacific Ocean formed in the exact, identical manner in which young and rather gargantuan Hawaii Island is still forming - through ocean-shaking, extreme volcano violence.

Again, in the summer in good ole rotten Califuckia, we're having a big, sudden burst of foggy, drizzly weather. Trust me, at this time of year it's always cloudless, sun-baked and at least 80 degrees. I hadn't kept real close tabs on Hawaii's lava "birth contractions" (the Big Island is still getting bigger by the day as a result of it), but I assume it had a recent blast of major volcanism a few days ago because - right on schedule - our summer weather suddenly cold incredibly cold and heavily misty. Like flipping a light switch.

Keep in mind that every peaceful, idyllic, dreamy paradise island in the Pacific Ocean formed in the exact, identical manner in which young and rather gargantuan Hawaii Island is still forming - through ocean-shaking, extreme volcano violence.
Mother natures cloud seeding project..

And now the monsoons are a full month early as polar regions cool off..

We had nearly an inch of rain here in Arizona today. I can't remember the last time we had rain in mid June. Whatever made it happen, it was pretty great. :113:

That's the silver lining advantage. Here in CA we have so many droughts I welcome any wet weather myself. It shows how real Hawaiian volcanism's effect is on our weather out west. I'm no scientist myself, but I assume when that many tons of hot lava slams into the Pacific like a hot knife through butter, it creates gigantic clouds of various volcanic gasses that float up into the atmosphere and mess with our jet stream a bit.

Interestingly, I noticed that our sudden fog here has a certain fuzzy, grainy texture I've also seen on the windward side of the BI in the multiple times I've been there. It's almost like our weather is copying certain subtle details of weather I've witnessed near HI's volcano area, even if our climate isn't the same.

I admit part of me wants this foggy weather jazzed up with some hail and lightning bolts camera-flashing everywhere. Bring it on, I say!

We live in a world where egotistical motherfuckers plan to colonize another planet when they STILL haven't found a cure for the common cold .....or athletes foot. Let all the worlds volcanoes blow at once and lets hear what they have to say

We had nearly an inch of rain here in Arizona today. I can't remember the last time we had rain in mid June. Whatever made it happen, it was pretty great. :113:

The 1st of three cyclones already formed off the coast of Mexico.

Well, hurricanes are common enough in tropical places like Mexico that these may or may not be related to these Hawaiian "birth contractions." But it's possible you may be right, I really don't know.

Well, hurricanes are common enough in tropical places like Mexico that these may or may not be related to these Hawaiian "birth contractions." But it's possible you may be right, I really don't know.
The cyclones provide moisture. The volcano's provide chemical and granular matter. When they meet it precipitates...

The cyclones provide moisture. The volcano's provide chemical and granular matter. When they meet it precipitates...

In the times I've been to the Hawaii Volcanoes Park years ago (HI is only a 5 hr. flight from me), from a very, very long distance I saw that steady 1983 flow sending such tall columns of various gasses so far into the air I assumed even then it sometimes plays a bit with weather patterns in odd little ways.

Did you see the temp drop in ENSO region 1? almost a full deg C drop.. that cyclone is ripping the heat out of the ocean at a massive pace.

That's the silver lining advantage. Here in CA we have so many droughts I welcome any wet weather myself. It shows how real Hawaiian volcanism's effect is on our weather out west. I'm no scientist myself, but I assume when that many tons of hot lava slams into the Pacific like a hot knife through butter, it creates gigantic clouds of various volcanic gasses that float up into the atmosphere and mess with our jet stream a bit.

Interestingly, I noticed that our sudden fog here has a certain fuzzy, grainy texture I've also seen on the windward side of the BI in the multiple times I've been there. It's almost like our weather is copying certain subtle details of weather I've witnessed near HI's volcano area, even if our climate isn't the same.

How many droughts do you have? How many in the last ten years? Sounds like it must be a lot rather than one.

How many droughts do you have? How many in the last ten years? Sounds like it must be a lot rather than one.

Most of the time Californiasshole is in one continuous drought year after year after year. The massive, flooding, constant rainstorms of 2017 were a rare, appreciated treat. So you can understand I naturally welcome the foggy, misty bursts of weather that Hawaiian volcanism brings us days later, anything that adds moisture is okay by me. Especially in the summer, when CA turns into a cloudless blast furnace in which air conditioners become an altar of worship.

Most of the time Californiasshole is in one continuous drought year after year after year. The massive, flooding, constant rainstorms of 2017 were a rare, appreciated treat. So you can understand I naturally welcome the foggy, misty bursts of weather that Hawaiian volcanism brings us days later, anything that adds moisture is okay by me. Especially in the summer, when CA turns into a cloudless blast furnace in which air conditioners become an altar of worship.

You politicize weather. Smacks of desperation d'on it.

Forum List

Back