MSNBC's "Lean Forward".. Motto

Lean Forward!
ProstateExam.jpg

Ah.. yes Obamacare

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Looks like you guys are having a nice little pissing match on MSNBC. For as much as you like to bash them as irrelevant because of their ratings, you sure do pay a lot of attention to them. For someone who actually watches MSNBC, I didn't even know of the slogan. Thanks for the MSNBC update!

We move forward slowly but someone who disagrees with the idea of progress tell me which time in the past you'd like to live. Make sure your view is historically grounded so we can see if we moved forward.

"In a few short years the progressive spirit made possible the election not only of reform mayors and governors but of national figures like Senator George Norris of Nebraska, Senator Robert M. LaFollette of Wisconsin, and even that hard-to-classify political genius, Theodore Roosevelt. All three of them Republicans. Here is the simplest laundry-list of what was accomplished at state and Federal levels: Publicly regulated or owned transportation, sanitation and utilities systems. The partial restoration of competition in the marketplace through improved antitrust laws. Increased fairness in taxation. Expansion of the public education and juvenile justice systems. Safer workplaces and guarantees of compensation to workers injured on the job. Oversight of the purity of water, medicines and foods. Conservation of the national wilderness heritage against overdevelopment, and honest bidding on any public mining, lumbering and ranching. We take these for granted today – or we did until recently. All were provided not by the automatic workings of free enterprise but by implementing the idea in the Declaration of Independence that the people had a right to governments that best promoted their "safety and happiness."

The mighty progressive wave peaked in 1912. But the ideas leashed by it forged the politics of the 20th century. Like his cousin Theodore, Franklin Roosevelt argued that the real enemy of enlightened capitalism was "the malefactors of great wealth" – the "economic royalists" – from whom capitalism would have to be saved by reform and regulation. Progressive government became an embedded tradition of Democrats – the heart of FDR's New Deal and Harry Truman's Fair Deal, and honored even by Dwight D. Eisenhower, who didn't want to tear down the house progressive ideas had built – only to put it under different managers. The progressive impulse had its final fling in the landslide of 1969 when LBJ, who was a son of the West Texas hill country, where the Populist rebellion had been nurtured in the 1890s, won the public endorsement for what he meant to be the capstone in the arch of the New Deal." This is Your Story - The Progressive Story of America. Pass It On.

A Short History of Conservative Obstruction to Progress | Conceptual Guerilla

Looks like you guys are having a nice little pissing match on MSNBC. For as much as you like to bash them as irrelevant because of their ratings, you sure do pay a lot of attention to them. For someone who actually watches MSNBC, I didn't even know of the slogan. Thanks for the MSNBC update!
Even though Lewis Black and Ralphie May aren't really relevant to my life, I still watch them occasionally for a good laugh.

They lean forward by supporting people like this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HER2pGdAak&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

We move forward slowly but someone who disagrees with the idea of progress tell me which time in the past you'd like to live. Make sure your view is historically grounded so we can see if we moved forward.

"In a few short years the progressive spirit made possible the election not only of reform mayors and governors but of national figures like Senator George Norris of Nebraska, Senator Robert M. LaFollette of Wisconsin, and even that hard-to-classify political genius, Theodore Roosevelt. All three of them Republicans. Here is the simplest laundry-list of what was accomplished at state and Federal levels: Publicly regulated or owned transportation, sanitation and utilities systems. The partial restoration of competition in the marketplace through improved antitrust laws. Increased fairness in taxation. Expansion of the public education and juvenile justice systems. Safer workplaces and guarantees of compensation to workers injured on the job. Oversight of the purity of water, medicines and foods. Conservation of the national wilderness heritage against overdevelopment, and honest bidding on any public mining, lumbering and ranching. We take these for granted today – or we did until recently. All were provided not by the automatic workings of free enterprise but by implementing the idea in the Declaration of Independence that the people had a right to governments that best promoted their "safety and happiness."

The mighty progressive wave peaked in 1912. But the ideas leashed by it forged the politics of the 20th century. Like his cousin Theodore, Franklin Roosevelt argued that the real enemy of enlightened capitalism was "the malefactors of great wealth" – the "economic royalists" – from whom capitalism would have to be saved by reform and regulation. Progressive government became an embedded tradition of Democrats – the heart of FDR's New Deal and Harry Truman's Fair Deal, and honored even by Dwight D. Eisenhower, who didn't want to tear down the house progressive ideas had built – only to put it under different managers. The progressive impulse had its final fling in the landslide of 1969 when LBJ, who was a son of the West Texas hill country, where the Populist rebellion had been nurtured in the 1890s, won the public endorsement for what he meant to be the capstone in the arch of the New Deal." This is Your Story - The Progressive Story of America. Pass It On.

Well folks, I noticed no one could think of a better time way back in that imaginary history that the wingnuts long for? Why is that you think? Because whining is all they do, substantive thought eludes them.

"I am coming to understand that as Americans, we were born into a powerfully induced mass illusion. An infantile consciousness of "I-want-I want," which drives the machinery of war, waste and profits, and which colonizes our minds and souls from birth like a progressive disease." Joe Bageant

Well folks, I noticed no one could think of a better time way back in that imaginary history that the wingnuts long for? Why is that you think? Because whining is all they do, substantive thought eludes them.

"I am coming to understand that as Americans, we were born into a powerfully induced mass illusion. An infantile consciousness of "I-want-I want," which drives the machinery of war, waste and profits, and which colonizes our minds and souls from birth like a progressive disease." Joe Bageant

Sounds one sided...

So by "support" you mean make a fool out of them on national television? (Or allow him to make a fool out of himself)

What "support" has MSNBC given to Alvin Greene?

It's not their fault he makes a fool out of himself. They certainly have given him more coverage than most news sources have.

I don't think that's true, actually. But I don't see how the coverage that they've given him amounts to "support".

He's definitly "News", it should be covered. But I don't see "support".

So by "support" you mean make a fool out of them on national television? (Or allow him to make a fool out of himself)

What "support" has MSNBC given to Alvin Greene?

It's not their fault he makes a fool out of himself. They certainly have given him more coverage than most news sources have.

I don't think that's true, actually. But I don't see how the coverage that they've given him amounts to "support".

I don't know this Alvin dude but MSNBC does nothing but suck Obama or any Democrats ass..

I don't know this Alvin dude but MSNBC does nothing but suck Obama or any Democrats ass..

Alvin Greene is the moron who won the Democratic Primary to run against DeMint's seat.
Alvin Greene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alvin Greene is the moron who won the Democratic Primary to run against DeMint's seat.
Alvin Greene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks.. but now I remember...

Forum List

Back