MSNBC's 'Everyday Racism in America': Real stories of racial bias

Boy, one won't find a finer collection of white conservative innocents anywhere else on USMB.

You realize that every white person in those photos are dead of old age? Right?

I was not even born then.

I am done being held responsible for shit that other people did before I was born.

ANd, speaking for Whites as a group, so are we all. Well, almost all.

You still have some stupid libs that are wallowing in guilt and self hate for some shit.

8e5.jpg

And the number one priority.........

View attachment 196012

Tim Wise in his book Dear White America addresses this: “Even when we know these things, and accept that racism and discrimination are real, some among us still try valiantly to avoid the conversation around such matters. In those instances, we insist that irrespective of the facts, it is best to downplay such problems because to speak of racial injustice and discrimination, especially in the present day, is to encourage a “victim mentality” among people of color. According to this argument, to discuss discrimination is to encourage black and brown folks to see themselves as perpetual targets of white racism.

Yet as commonly as this argument manifests within our community, if we examine it honestly, it stands out as extraordinarily presumptuous and even racist in many ways. The reason I suggest the argument is racist is that it seems to presume that persons of color are too stupid to already know what it is they’re experiencing, or have experienced, historically. Those who bemoan the so-called victim mindset appear to believe that no one would think about racism were it not for the constant presence of liberals and leftists raising the issue. Second, the argument supposes that black and brown folk are so weak-willed that if they understood the obstacles in their way, they would crumble like cheap pie crust.

Yet, sadly, by an early age most folks of color are well aware of the negative stereotypes held about their racial groups. Indeed, recent evidence indicates an awareness of these stereotypes as early as the third grade. This awareness is not due to liberals bringing it up, but rather the result of black and brown folks living with the mistreatment that stems from stereotypes and being exposed to them regularly. No, talking about racism isn’t the problem: racism itself is. To blame the conversation for the problem is like blaming your speedometer for the speeding ticket you just received.”

Blah blah blah

I am done being held responsible for shit that other people did before I was born.
Just read this in a book by Tim Wise. Seems pertinent: “This nation was, simply put, conceived in and plagued by formal white supremacy for over 350 years, going back to the colonial period: it was a system of racial fascism. The past matters, and not merely as a historical referent. The past affects the present. Inertia is not merely a property of the physical universe; it also relates to the political, socioeconomic and cultural universe. We have to deal with the past because the past comes into the present whether we like it or not. I know we aren’t to blame for history – either its horrors or the legacy it has left us. Be we are responsible for how we bear that legacy, and what we make of it in the present. There is a difference, and it is not a small one, between guilt and responsibility. Guilt is what you feel for the things you have done, while responsibility is what you take because of the kind of person you are.”

“To make note of the accumulated inequities, which date back generations, is not to blame anyone currently alive for those inequities. It is not intended to produce guilt, for indeed no one living today is directly responsible for them. But their legacy persists in many of today’s institutions for which we are responsible. And just as we have inherited many of the blessings and national assets of past generations – the accumulated national wealth for instance – we have inherited the deficits too. To take advantage of the upside of history while refusing to address the downside – to make use of accumulated assets while refusing to take aim at the debts – would be morally irresponsible.”

I feel comfortable talking for the majority of whites on this subject.

We are done being lectured.

Get back to us when you are willing to listen as well as talk.

Speaking for myself, I'm willing to talk and listen. But I certainly do not feel comfortable "speaking for the majority" of black people.

Only a self centered and arrogant fool would appoint themselves to such a role.

You do not have a shred of humility or decency.

Im2 needs to read your post.

I read his post and I the fact is neither YOU nor any of the white conservatives here speak for blacks at all. I refuse to say I don't speak for a blacks so you pricks can think what you say about us is right and that blacks agree with you totally. That is the only fucking reason you use that line. If we say something that doesn't meet your racist stereotypes then we get the you don't speak for all blacks line while you guys seem to think you do. So as long as you think you speak for all blacks, then I speak for all blacks.

When your asses get butthurt when we say something about white racists and claim we are calling all whites this or that then you are speaking for all whites. And you don't accept anyone challenging or questioning you about that. So until you punks drop the double standard, sissies like you might want to check yourself.

Listen to Kat. You might learn something.

STFU.
I think two female black thieves got away with trying to rob my home today. I was sitting on my deck and this black girl started walking on my deck. She saw me and said oh shit and turned around and walked away. I walked off my deck and there were two black girls sitting there. I believe one was the lookout and the other was going to go in my place.

Where was she going? Who were they? They don’t live in my condos. But they may live in the next condos over or more likely they were visiting someone and like trevon Martin they were stealing.

Last year my place got robbed. My cell money and weed were gone. It was this time last year and someone last year said they saw a black girl walking around. She probably robbed me last year and was coming to see if I still leave my place open.

Anyways, before the Starbucks incident and that incident where the white girl called the cops on the black girl for sleeping in the community living room dorms at college, I might have questioned them. Today I don’t dare. Next thing you know I’m on the news

Speaking for myself, I'm willing to talk and listen. But I certainly do not feel comfortable "speaking for the majority" of black people.

I read his post and I the fact is neither YOU nor any of the white conservatives here speak for blacks at all. I refuse to say I don't speak for a blacks so you pricks can think what you say about us is right and that blacks agree with you totally. That is the only fucking reason you use that line. If we say something that doesn't meet your racist stereotypes then we get the you don't speak for all blacks line while you guys seem to think you do. So as long as you think you speak for all blacks, then I speak for all blacks.

When your asses get butthurt when we say something about white racists and claim we are calling all whites this or that then you are speaking for all whites. And you don't accept anyone challenging or questioning you about that. So until you punks drop the double standard, sissies like you might want to check yourself.

STFU.
I think two female black thieves got away with trying to rob my home today. I was sitting on my deck and this black girl started walking on my deck. She saw me and said oh shit and turned around and walked away. I walked off my deck and there were two black girls sitting there. I believe one was the lookout and the other was going to go in my place.

Where was she going? Who were they? They don’t live in my condos. But they may live in the next condos over or more likely they were visiting someone and like trevon Martin they were stealing.

Last year my place got robbed. My cell money and weed were gone. It was this time last year and someone last year said they saw a black girl walking around. She probably robbed me last year and was coming to see if I still leave my place open.

Anyways, before the Starbucks incident and that incident where the white girl called the cops on the black girl for sleeping in the community living room dorms at college, I might have questioned them. Today I don’t dare. Next thing you know I’m on the news

Why would you leave your house unlocked? It does not matter how good a neighborhood it is, things happen. I live i a gated community that you have to pass through a guard station to enter, and they discovered meth head squatters living in one of the models of the last phase a few months back.

When I was in college I needed a new place to stay and found one in a nice complex a little bit outside of downtown Daytona Beach. I called the number in the newspaper ad (before the internet & mobile phones) and made arrangements to visit the property after classes while on my way to work. When I arrived the woman told me that they didn't have any vacancies even though I told her I had just spoken with her that morning and she said she did. She wasn't having it so I left.

When I got to work I was pretty distressed about what had just happened because I felt that she was lying to me and just didn't realize over the phone that I was black so my boss asked me for the number from the ad. He called her up, introduced himself as a police detective and made up some story about needing to rent an apartment. She couldn't get him down there fast enough to see the apartment that hadn't existed just an hour previously.

If I had known then what I know now regarding filing a housing discrimination complaint, particularly with a police detective as my witness, I'm sure I could have prevailed in a charge against the complex but my parents raised us to not fret over these types of things reminding us that you don't want to live or be around people like that anyway. They were right in the sense that I ended up with an even nicer place, but we cannot continue to allow other people who do not have our best interests at heart, make decisions for us on where we can live, work, go to school or even socialize, etc. particularly when they are violating the law by doing so.
I would want to bust them but not so I could move in. Screw living there but put that prick in jail for 90 days and they owe you $10,000. Wouldn’t that be great?
Yep, I remember getting hit in the head and arrested on Ft Lauderdale Bch back in 60 for no reason and spent about 4 hours in jail. Not nice

When I was in college I needed a new place to stay and found one in a nice complex a little bit outside of downtown Daytona Beach. I called the number in the newspaper ad (before the internet & mobile phones) and made arrangements to visit the property after classes while on my way to work. When I arrived the woman told me that they didn't have any vacancies even though I told her I had just spoken with her that morning and she said she did. She wasn't having it so I left.

When I got to work I was pretty distressed about what had just happened because I felt that she was lying to me and just didn't realize over the phone that I was black so my boss asked me for the number from the ad. He called her up, introduced himself as a police detective and made up some story about needing to rent an apartment. She couldn't get him down there fast enough to see the apartment that hadn't existed just an hour previously.

If I had known then what I know now regarding filing a housing discrimination complaint, particularly with a police detective as my witness, I'm sure I could have prevailed in a charge against the complex but my parents raised us to not fret over these types of things reminding us that you don't want to live or be around people like that anyway. They were right in the sense that I ended up with an even nicer place, but we cannot continue to allow other people who do not have our best interests at heart, make decisions for us on where we can live, work, go to school or even socialize, etc. particularly when they are violating the law by doing so.
I would want to bust them but not so I could move in. Screw living there but put that prick in jail for 90 days and they owe you $10,000. Wouldn’t that be great?
Yep, I remember getting hit in the head and arrested on Ft Lauderdale Bch back in 60 for no reason and spent about 4 hours in jail. Not nice
You’re black? What happened? Sorry to hear these things happen.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

STFU.

And what if they weren't black? Just because a black person was walking around? Whites break in too and and if you live in a white community how many whites were walking around during that time? Seems you can't tell us that. If that was the person why would that person decide to come back to rob you again? Why do you whites think such stupid things? I believe that you whites need to look at the FBI crime stats with less racism. Whites every year lead in vandalism, stolen property, the sale of stolen property, larceny, drug crime and theft.

I was trying to research when the beaches in Florida were desegregated and I ran across several very interesting articles. Apparently it was primarily due to the enactment of the Civil Rights Act of 1964:

Remembering protest that led to opening first beach for black Miamians
How Civil Rights Wade-Ins Desegregated Southern Beaches

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I was trying to research when the beaches in Florida were desegregated and I ran across several very interesting articles. Apparently it was primarily due to the enactment of the Civil Rights Act of 1964:

Thank you. So many of these white people here simply do not understand just how far things went.

Thank you. So many of these white people here simply do not understand just how far things went.
Viewing the racial dynamics as an outsider gave me a slightly different perspective. I was of the attitude "of course I should be here" "why shouldn't I be here"? And we all size-up one another in various ways and having people who believe that they are superior to you simply by virtue of their race, when they aren't actually doing as well as you when it comes to being a good person or personal accomplishments was at times amusing.

On the other hand I was forced from my job at the Daytona Beach Shores Police Department because of the complaints of the other women there - I was given an ultimatum, either drop out of school and work for them exclusively or give up my position. All because on the days I had classes I would not take my lunch in the middle of the day, I would instead leave work an hour early in order to get to class on time (which I would not have been able to do without the permission of my boss, the agency's detective). I later found out one of the girls wanted my position and got it. I was had better hours, paid lunch and a higher wage - all of $5.00/hr but still more than what they made :).

Last edited:

STFU.

And what if they weren't black? Just because a black person was walking around? Whites break in too and and if you live in a white community how many whites were walking around during that time? Seems you can't tell us that. If that was the person why would that person decide to come back to rob you again? Why do you whites think such stupid things? I believe that you whites need to look at the FBI crime stats with less racism. Whites every year lead in vandalism, stolen property, the sale of stolen property, larceny, drug crime and theft.
They weren’t just blacks walking around. I would have been suspicious if they were two young white girls too!

The only point I was trying to make is I didn’t call them out because they’re black! If they were white I would have asked what the fuck.

I have neighbors who ask everyone they don’t recognize who they are. We live on the lake and it is private property but right next door is another condo. It’s private too and I walk my dog over there. I don’t want to tell people over there they can’t come on our side

Do you know why whites put Arabs in Dearborn Michigan? To put a buffer between Detroit and the burbs

ROFLMAO @ "We/Us".
Multiple personality disorder?

You don’t.

Exactly. Most decent people would not have the arrogance to even make such a statement.

It is not arrogance to note that white people, as a whole, are increasingly done with being lectured by race baiting lefties like you.

A conversation is a two way street. Until you get that, all you are doing is wasting everyone's time and pissing off people left and right.

And people that posess the maturity to converse like adults will get the same from me.

But when a perpetual whiner like you consistently does nothing but one way complaining ad nauseum about how there is "massive anti white discrimination" what kind of "conversation" is that?

You do not discuss anything. In fact the "lectures" thst get are generally just you receiving how you talk to others.

Funny how you leave out all the supporting links and research involved in my complaints.

Here is me speaking for whites as a group again.

We are sick and tired of being discriminated against to make up for sins that we had nothing to do with,

and are getting angrier about it ever single day.

You don’t.

Various polls, voting trends, I think I do.

Are you comfortable being lectured like you are an ill behaved child by lying fools?

I’m not interested in ANY fools presuming to speak for entire ‘races’ of people.

That you felt you had to dodge my question,

shows that you know I have a point.

In this, I feel comfortable speaking for the majority of White Americans.

You don’t.

In this, I do.

We are done with being lectured.

ROFLMAO @ "We/Us".
Multiple personality disorder?

Speaking for myself, I'm willing to talk and listen. ....y.

Bullshit.

You've proved otherwise by calling me a racist.

I call it how I see it. And what is interesting is that you are one of a very few select number of individuals that I have.

If you actually listened, you would have noticed that nothing I have ever said fits the dictionary definition of the slur you called me.

That you did not, is evident.

My point stands.

You don’t.

Various polls, voting trends, I think I do.

Are you comfortable being lectured like you are an ill behaved child by lying fools?

I’m not interested in ANY fools presuming to speak for entire ‘races’ of people.

That you felt you had to dodge my question,

shows that you know I have a point.

In this, I feel comfortable speaking for the majority of White Americans.

You don’t.

In this, I do.

NO, you don’t.

And no, obviously, I was referring more to the heyday of Affirmative Action and busing, when America, white America
So Busing was shit you had to sit still for and take? What a snivelling MOD EDIT OF THE C WORD> STOP USING IT of a thing you are. Obviously a cracker in spirit if not in fact. Besides, is it possible to insult you?

cnm

Not me personally. I came later.

But yes, bussing fucked shit up for whites. Many white children had to be bused stupid distances. Many neighbor schools were no longer the schools of people living near by. Many white schools were fucked up by bringing in minority students with minority problems.

Your racist slur is noted and held against you.

What part of the above, do you disagree with?

I could not tell from your incoherent and stupid post.

Boy, one won't find a finer collection of white conservative innocents anywhere else on USMB.

You still have some stupid libs that are wallowing in guilt and self hate for some shit.

View attachment 196432

Said the lefty that didn't like what I said, but could dispute NONE of it.

DId you think I wouldn't notice that you said NOTHING?

My point stands, dumb ass.

Forum List

Back