MSNBC wants to know.

GayBiker,

Im not even going to attempt to point out the errors in your last post. You really are a half-wit.

Yo..........PedoPriest.........might wanna actually read the news sometime, as well as watch FAUX News.

You'll see I'm right, FAUX News is conservative (they've proven it many times as well as state it RIGHT ON THEIR CHANNEL), MSNBC gets nailed by FAUX regularly for being too liberal, and yes, CNN does have a CIA operative working for them named Anderson Cooper.

Like I said dipshit, smile like a donut, you've just been pwned.

I can see anti-illegal LEO's (I hesitated slightly from calling them racists, but I was close to doing so) harassing everyone who is of Hispanic decent; making it their mission to clean up the country all by themselves.

Do you have any idea how many of our LEOs are hispanicaltionowhateverthey'recallednow?

Quote:
I'd like to think you are right in that, but I don't.
I can see anti-illegal LEO's (I hesitated slightly from calling them racists, but I was close to doing so) harassing everyone who is of Hispanic decent; making it their mission to clean up the country all by themselves.
According to the part of the law that I read, "any legal contact" was grounds for harassment. "Any legal contact" could mean eye contact and does not necessarily mean the person being detained did anything at all wrong to deserve the harassment.
Now, someone (maybe even you) told me the law had been modified to prevent that, but I asked for proof of that and to my knowledge, I never received such proof.
Think of seat belt laws. They were originally set up so that LEO's could not pull a person over for not having his/her seat belt buckled but gradually that changed so that in many states they can pull a driver over regardless of whether or not there is grounds besides the seat belt.
Immie

I don't believe that anybody should go after illegals. That is something that the legal system should do and I think that is what SB1070 will do. This is NOT being racist! That is a term pro-illegals, and illegals themselves, like to use to feed on the guilt of the whites. I don't buy it. I don't think of it as 'cleaning the country'! I look at it as being just like ALL other countries that have strict laws to keep people from entering THEIR country without permission. Have YOU read SB1070? Do you live in a border state? In CA, seat belts have ALWAYS been mandatory from its inception - as are helmets when riding a motorcycle. It seems it's a way of keeping people from serious injury or death. Unfortunately, laws have to be legislated to save people from themselves. As I said, if this law is deemed unconstitutional, other laws will follow - and - the FEDERAL immigrations laws which are a lot more strict and gives authority to ICE to do what you seem to fear, will be put in to pracitce - it's a matter of time. The majority of the american people have had it.

What you think and what happens are two different things.

I am a native Californian who moved to Florida 17 years ago. I believe, but would have to check my facts if it were really important, that when California instituted the seat belt laws, they could not pull you over for not wearing a seat belt. The law later changed as all liberal laws do and in fact, as Obama's Health Care Reform is intended to do.

I've only seen the part discussed above of SB 1070 and if that has not changed, then it still opens the door for gung-ho LEO's to harass innocent Hispanics for simply making eye contact. If you have proof of a change in the law, I would love to see it.

If additional laws follow that protect people from 4th Amendment violations, I don't necessarily have a problem with that.

Immie

The words in blue are the changes.........

Pdf : SB 1070: full text of revised immigration bill

[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]B. For any lawful contact STOP, DETENTION OR ARREST made by a law[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]43 enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state or a law[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]44 enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]45 other political subdivision of this state IN THE ENFORCEMENT OF ANY OTHER LAW[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]H.B. 2162[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]- 4 -[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]1 OR ORDINANCE OF A COUNTY, CITY OR TOWN OR THIS STATE where reasonable[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]2 suspicion exists that the person is an alien who AND is unlawfully present in[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]3 the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]4 determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]5 may hinder or obstruct an investigation.[/FONT]

Quoted for those too lazy to scroll

Do you have any idea how many of our LEOs are hispanicaltionowhateverthey'recallednow?

What? :lol:

And what does it matter? It is the other ones that Hispanics will need to worry about.

Immie

What you think and what happens are two different things.

I am a native Californian who moved to Florida 17 years ago. I believe, but would have to check my facts if it were really important, that when California instituted the seat belt laws, they could not pull you over for not wearing a seat belt. The law later changed as all liberal laws do and in fact, as Obama's Health Care Reform is intended to do.

I've only seen the part discussed above of SB 1070 and if that has not changed, then it still opens the door for gung-ho LEO's to harass innocent Hispanics for simply making eye contact. If you have proof of a change in the law, I would love to see it.

If additional laws follow that protect people from 4th Amendment violations, I don't necessarily have a problem with that.

Immie

The words in blue are the changes.........

Pdf : SB 1070: full text of revised immigration bill

[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]B. For any lawful contact STOP, DETENTION OR ARREST made by a law[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]43 enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state or a law[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]44 enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]45 other political subdivision of this state IN THE ENFORCEMENT OF ANY OTHER LAW[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]H.B. 2162[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]- 4 -[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]1 OR ORDINANCE OF A COUNTY, CITY OR TOWN OR THIS STATE where reasonable[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]2 suspicion exists that the person is an alien who AND is unlawfully present in[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]3 the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]4 determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination[/FONT]
[FONT=Letter-GothicBold, serif]5 may hinder or obstruct an investigation.[/FONT]

Quoted for those too lazy to scroll

Except the words in red are struck out.

Immie

Kind of off topic, but its a poll nonetheless....

How did america feel about integration in the armed services? I wonder what those numbers looked like.

The Negro makes up approximately 10 % of American society yet the Negro dominates the entertainment, sports, military, and polictical segments of that same society. Sad, but true that the white man is now of no consequence. i

AngelHair,

You are correct my son. In America the white man is nothing more than an overweight, sex crazed, drunken sports fan.

Im fit and lean. I do not smoke, drink, or use foul language. I eat properly and work out daily. I am in perfect health and I am 62 years old.

Forum List

Back