MSNBC Trashes Obama's Address: Compared To Carter, "I Don't Sense Executive Command

White wingers don't understand that MSNBC has criticized Obama many times. They just assume all networks are as trashy as Fox. It's because their little peabrains have been completely corrupted by their corporate masters. You can tell them, hell, you can show it to them and they still won't believe the truth.

But they will believe, "kill granda" and "death panels". The more ridiculous it sounds, the more likely they are to believe it. Is it any wonder they think "Noah's Ark" is a "true story"? These people want to run a country. THIS country. They just ran it for 8 years and left disaster everywhere. Worse, they spread disaster all over the globe. Giving them another chance scares the "beJesus" out of me.

Wow, comparing Obama to Mega Failure President Jimmy Carter? Who saw THAT coming? :eek:

A lot of people actually.

Jimmy Carter, mega failure. Started two wars and let the greatest mass murderer in American history go scott free. He, uh, what? That wasn't JC? Oops, never-mind.

White wingers don't understand that MSNBC has criticized Obama many times. They just assume all networks are as trashy as Fox. It's because their little peabrains have been completely corrupted by their corporate masters. You can tell them, hell, you can show it to them and they still won't believe the truth.

But they will believe, "kill granda" and "death panels". The more ridiculous it sounds, the more likely they are to believe it. Is it any wonder they think "Noah's Ark" is a "true story"? These people want to run a country. THIS country. They just ran it for 8 years and left disaster everywhere. Worse, they spread disaster all over the globe. Giving them another chance scares the "beJesus" out of me.

For every clip you can post where MSNBC criticized Obama before this oil spill fiasco I can post dozens like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmVGeEvXyoU]YouTube - MSNBC's Chris Matthews On Obama "I Forgot He Was Black Tonight"[/ame]

Wow, comparing Obama to Mega Failure President Jimmy Carter? Who saw THAT coming? :eek:

Jimmy Carter, mega failure. Started two wars and let the greatest mass murderer in American history go scott free. He, uh, what? That wasn't JC? Oops, never-mind.

jimmah cahtar let the greatest mass murderer in american history go free? who are you talking about? or is this another forgot to take medication post by rdean?

Presidential Handbook

Section 9: Presidential Crisis Recovery

Your options in regaining momentum

1. Demonize the oppostion.
2. Blame it on the last President.
3. Start a military action.

Go ahead Iran, make Obama's day.

jimmah cahtar let the greatest mass murderer in american history go free? who are you talking about? or is this another forgot to take medication post by rdean?

he's acting stupidly.. he's trying to slide a blame booooooooooooooosh in there on ya? :lol:

Rdeanie-weanie,

Seriously, you are an unbelievable fool.

How did you ever get this way ?

Last edited:

RDeanie-Weanie,

C'mon idiot. Time to unload on BOOOOOOSH.....BIG TIME !!!

they thought he should have used it as a chance to be more aggressive.

but mike allen at politico liked it.... funny you didn't pick that video. mike is right of center and his comment was actually at the same link.

bummer the obama derangement syndrome runs so deep.

RealClearPolitics - Video - POLITICO: Obama Used "Commander-In-Chief" Language

you don't get it do you? PMSNBC is the poster child of praise for obama for them to be negative is simular to having 5 uncashed pay checks in your wallet with 700.00 dollars cash and your bills are paid.

With understanding that I am working from memory, I am tired, and don't want to have to hunt up supporting links tonight, this is the way this was explained to me:

General Electric, the previous owner of the NBC conglomerate, was in bed with the Obama Administration and stands to make hundreds of billions of dollars if Obama is succesful in getting Cap & Tax passed. Thus NBC and its affiliates had been under strict orders to soft pedal direct criticism of Obama and/or his policies and to target his opponents for criticisms.

Well I believe now Comcast is the controlling shareholder of the NBC conglomerate and their political leanings are quite different from GE. So we may actually see a shift from the hard left editorial policy of NBC networks and that may in fact actually save them in the long run as they have all been at the bottom of the ratings for a long time now.

And they're right. The speech was just another campaign speech glossing over the disaster in the Gulf because our fearless leader doesn't have a clue how to handle that. And it was the first shot across the bow that he intends to rush headlong into Cap & Tax despite the hundreds of billions, even trillions more pressure that will put on the economy.

CaféAuLait;2414153 said:
MSNBC Trashes Obama's Address: Compared To Carter, "I Don't Sense Executive Command

Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann and Howard Fineman react to President Obama's Oval Office Address on the oil spill. Here are the highlights of what the trio said:

Olbermann: "It was a great speech if you were on another planet for the last 57 days."

Matthews compared Obama to Carter.

Olbermann: "Nothing specific at all was said."

Matthews: "No direction."

Howard Fineman: "He wasn't specific enough."

Olbermann: "I don't think he aimed low, I don't think he aimed at all. It's startling."

Howard Fineman: Obama should be acting like a "commander-in-chief."

Matthews: Ludicrous that he keeps saying [Secretary of Energy] Chu has a Nobel prize. "I'll barf if he does it one more time."

RealClearPolitics - Video - MSNBC Trashes Obama's Address: Compared To Carter, "I Don't Sense Executive Command"

Wow.....ODS AND BDS now permeate MSNBC...who would have forseen that ODS just a few short months ago? Perhaps MSNBC'ers are just deranged.

We, and the world, know that we have a totally unqualified person at the helm.Personally I feel this country if attacked in any manner by one or more other countries, at this time, this man would be unable to deal with the shock, and most likely be running around in circles hyperventilating until he passes out. Then who leads?......You got it.

Other countries have already, in a way, told us they have no fear of what this administration would do,even up to the point of challenging our own decisions telling us what to do. I doubt seriously if they truly have any respect for this administrations leadership, and I would bet they same way as I and millions of others do about his abilities to handle one stressful situation much less a multilevel stress situations. Hell, the administration can't even handle the immigration issue, when the federal laws spell it out!

If this BP issue was an attack against this country and he took almost 2 months to take this wishy-washy stand in response, he would have already been replaced in D.C. by the invaders. Yes, I know, that's a little bit of a drastic comment, but you get the drift. I am not real comfy with this man as president, and I haven't even gotten into discussing his appointed henchmen.

CaféAuLait;2414153 said:

Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann and Howard Fineman react to President Obama's Oval Office Address on the oil spill. Here are the highlights of what the trio said:

Olbermann: "It was a great speech if you were on another planet for the last 57 days."

Olbermann: "I don't think he aimed low, I don't think he aimed at all. It's startling."

Matthews: Ludicrous that he keeps saying [Secretary of Energy] Chu has a Nobel prize. "I'll barf if he does it one more time."

RealClearPolitics - Video - MSNBC Trashes Obama's Address: Compared To Carter, "I Don't Sense Executive Command"

Annnddd... as usual the spin takes over but it's all wrong.

Quick reaction to tonight's speechFrom NBC's Mark Murray

On the Web and Twitter, some of the instant-pundit analysis I've seen of President Obama's address tonight has been critical.

But they must have been watching a different speech than I was.

As we wrote in First Read this morning, Obama's objectives tonight were to demonstrate to the public that his administration is doing everything possible to mitigate the spill’s impact, to reimburse Gulf residents, and to hold BP’s feet to the fire.

In a strong, resolute and, yes, optimistic tone, he hit on all three.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Examples:
-- "We will fight this spill with everything we’ve got for as long it takes."

-- "Tomorrow, I will meet with the chairman of BP and inform him that he is to set aside whatever resources are required to compensate the workers and business owners who have been harmed as a result of his company’s recklessness."

Obama also called for Congress to pass energy reform, even drawing on some of JFK's man-to-the-moon rhetoric folks were wanting:

-- "Now is the moment for this generation to embark on a national mission to unleash American innovation and seize control of our own destiny."

First Read - Quick reaction to tonight's speech

Per usual I avoided this speech.

Talk is cheap, folks.
Not me. I watched all 18 minutes of his speech as painful as it was.
I wanted to hear right from the horses mouth what he had to say rather than relying on threads and blogs and opinion pieces, commentary and the like.

Maybe Obama will write his third autobiography:

"How I kicked ass and plugged the Hole: memories and musing on my superb performance as CinC on the BP Oil Leak" -- Barack Hussein Obama as told to William Ayers

CaféAuLait;2414153 said:

I'm thinkin' a LOT o' Dems better-identify with Stewart GOLD!!

"conservatives" & Teabaggers??

Their position (still) doesn't count, for-much-of-anything, anyhow. Hell....they're still too-preoccupied playin' Knight Riders....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CTG58jIlNA]YouTube - KKK: Then and Now[/ame]

....and, as-soon-as The DICK; Cheney crawls-out (from under his undisclosed-location), they'll have their Grand Dragon riding point, again.​

CaféAuLait;2414153 said:

I'm thinkin' a LOT o' Dems better-identify with Stewart GOLD!!

"conservatives" & Teabaggers??

Their position (still) doesn't count, for-much-of-anything, anyhow. Hell....they're still too-preoccupied playin' Knight Riders....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CTG58jIlNA]YouTube - KKK: Then and Now[/ame]

....and, as-soon-as The DICK; Cheney crawls-out (from under his undisclosed-location), they'll have their Grand Dragon riding point, again.​

robert-byrd.jpg

Forum List

Back