MSNBC Trashes Obama's Address: Compared To Carter, "I Don't Sense Executive Command

CaféAuLait;2414153 said:
MSNBC Trashes Obama's Address: Compared To Carter, "I Don't Sense Executive Command

Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann and Howard Fineman react to President Obama's Oval Office Address on the oil spill. Here are the highlights of what the trio said:

Olbermann: "It was a great speech if you were on another planet for the last 57 days."

Matthews compared Obama to Carter.

Olbermann: "Nothing specific at all was said."

Matthews: "No direction."

Howard Fineman: "He wasn't specific enough."

Olbermann: "I don't think he aimed low, I don't think he aimed at all. It's startling."

Howard Fineman: Obama should be acting like a "commander-in-chief."

Matthews: Ludicrous that he keeps saying [Secretary of Energy] Chu has a Nobel prize. "I'll barf if he does it one more time."

RealClearPolitics - Video - MSNBC Trashes Obama's Address: Compared To Carter, "I Don't Sense Executive Command"

Well good for them, such an oil spill is catastrophic in nature and the President should be doing everything in his legally granted power to try and end it.

I was in shock this morning seeing the video of these guys trashing the speech....Then I get home and see Big Head Ed Schultz of the same group MSNBC just going on and on about what a great speech this was.This is the same Ed Schultz who was critical of the Republicans when they don't give the President any credit for turning the economy around....The next night he's critical of the Republicans because they are dragging their feet on extending unemployment to the 99 people( people who have been collecting checks for 99 weeks) Hey fat head Ed I thought you said Obama turned the economy around.?
Any way to the first point...I love seeing the Libs turn on their own.

0bama better start kissing BP's ass or they just might let the lawyers take over. That would lead to slower payouts, court dates and ultimately a bankruptcy. Then the taxpayers will have to foot the bill. Of course 0bama doesn't care about taxpayers.

[...]You can thank Reagan for a booming economy in the 80's and 90's
If you will refer to the increased national debt incurred by Reaganomics you will have a better understanding of what appeared to be a booming economy. Briefly stated, Reagan put the Country on a credit binge.

I live within my means, I owe nothing to anyone and I pay my full credit card balance every month. If I chose to I could buy a new Cadillac on credit, I could move to a bigger, nicer house (with a nice big mortgage), I could wear the best clothes and sit in the front row of every Opera and Broadway show and my economy would appear to be "booming" -- until the bills came due. Which is what is happening now to America.

Reagan started it, Clinton continued it and Bush massively expanded on it. what surprises me is how few Americans realize what has happened to their country's economy, which appears to be an extension of their personal economies because so many of them are strapped with mortgages they can't afford and credit card bills they can't pay.

Reagan did this to us. He put it in motion.

Since Obama is perpetuating the madness by adding nearly 4 trillion to the national debt over the last year and a half ..... you are against him also right? I see you failed to mention that in your little rant.

[...]You can thank Reagan for a booming economy in the 80's and 90's
If you will refer to the increased national debt incurred by Reaganomics you will have a better understanding of what appeared to be a booming economy. Briefly stated, Reagan put the Country on a credit binge.

I live within my means, I owe nothing to anyone and I pay my full credit card balance every month. If I chose to I could buy a new Cadillac on credit, I could move to a bigger, nicer house (with a nice big mortgage), I could wear the best clothes and sit in the front row of every Opera and Broadway show and my economy would appear to be "booming" -- until the bills came due. Which is what is happening now to America.

Reagan started it, Clinton continued it and Bush massively expanded on it. what surprises me is how few Americans realize what has happened to their country's economy, which appears to be an extension of their personal economies because so many of them are strapped with mortgages they can't afford and credit card bills they can't pay.

Reagan did this to us. He put it in motion.

Give me a fuckin' break.
If you are able to live within your means and make disciplined decisions, why can't these other silly bastards that are swimming in unmanageable debt?
Not to mention that the obama has written a new book on spending other peoples money compared to the others you list, including Bush.

You know, if I was President of the United States, and faced with the oil spill, I would have had a meeting with BP immediately. And when it was obvious that BP did not know how to plug the leak and had limited know how and resources to even attempt it, I would have suggested that BP put up a reward: $1 billion plus expenses up to a half billion in expenses to whomever can stop this leak within 10 days - method must be approved in advance, and, unless it works, no payment.

And I would have removed any regulatory barriers that would prevent ANY country, organization, group, individual or whatever from applying for that billion.

And I'm guessing that somebody would have come forward and would have gotten it done.

That's what Bill Clinton did in the wake of the Northridge Quake. He offered a substantial reward to the contractors to get the repairs done six months ahead of their suggested schedule. And they did it.

That or something similar is what an executive manager does.

George Bush failed to do that in the wake of Katrina and went the bureaucratic route and wasted much time and much in resources in the process. He was brilliant in management on some things but blew it badly there.

And Obama is failing to do that in the wake of this oil spill. So far he has not proved to be a competent manager or administrator in anything.

I think it's pretty hilarious that the Hopey Changey butt-sniffers conveniently missed the whole point of this thread. These are their own fellow Hopey Changey butt-sniffers criticizing him. When Olberboy & Madcow start criticizing him,you know there's trouble in Hopey Changey Town.

Forum List

Back