MSNBC - The bane of conservatives - is one of the few outlets acknowledging Paul wins

He came in second in Iowa, but like I said MSNBC only likes Paul when it's convenient for them to use him to attack Republicans in general. When he's not being used for that purpose they paint him as a racist.

They don't "paint" him as anything.

His son was on and basically said that businesses should be able to choose who they do business with.

He had to walk that back.

[youtube]iGqAIkjGLMw[/youtube]

Yes, they do.

You actually listen to the whole thing?

Interventionism will get us nowhere, except bankruptcy.

I cant say I disagree with you completely.... but there is a time and place for everything.

I don't know about "everything," but Ron Paul would agree that we have a right to defend ourselves. He voted to go into Afghanistan after 9/11.

Its tough for me to not be a Ron Paul supporter, but I just disagree with more than I agree with.

Believe me... I think he would be a far better POTUS than Obama.

Fiscally.... Ron Paul wins, but his views on national defense kill his chances at ever winning.

The two issues are intertwined.

Isolationism will get us nowhere

The 'isolationist' strawman? Again? Are you really incapable of seeing a middle ground between a military that dominates the world and isolationism? When we look at the facts, that we spend more than the rest of the world combined on our military adventures, that we have military bases in every other country on the planet, that we have (depending on who's counting) between four and eight wars going on at the same time - it seems patently insane when you people screech about 'isolationism' at the mere suggestion that maybe we ought to back off a little. Get a grip man.

The two issues are intertwined.

Isolationism will get us nowhere

The 'isolationist' strawman? Again? Are you really incapable of seeing a middle ground between a military that dominates the world and isolationism? When we look at the facts, that we spend more than the rest of the world combined on our military adventures, that we have military bases in every other country on the planet, that we have (depending on who's counting) between four and eight wars going on at the same time - it seems patently insane when you people screech about 'isolationism' at the mere suggestion that maybe we ought to back off a little. Get a grip man.

Whatever man.... Ron Paul is not in the middle and you know it.

I am however somewhere in th middle.

Remember, there is a time and place for everything.

Why is that?

:eusa_eh:

When did they start doing this?

Cuz everytime I've put on msnbc lately they are just kicking around Perry and Bachmann and saying big 0 is still the annoited one.

doesn't matter, media picks who makes it to the finals and has for a long time.

Hope your ready for Pres Perry b/c big 0 has nothing to stand on.

Ron Paul is a whackjob... he has zero chance of winning... which of course explains why PMSNBC is touting him.... it's the whole 180 degrees out-of-phase with reality thang.

Why is that?

Cuz everytime I've put on msnbc lately they are just kicking around Perry and Bachmann and saying big 0 is still the annoited one.

For quite some time. Matthews seems to actually like Ron Paul. I think a good many "liberals" like Paul as well. They just don't like everything he's about.

They don't "paint" him as anything.

His son was on and basically said that businesses should be able to choose who they do business with.

He had to walk that back.

Yes, they do.

Sure did. MSNBC brings up the '64 Civil Rights Act in an attempt to smear the Pauls as racists. There's no other reason to talk about something completely irrelevant to the 2012 Presidential elections.

Why is that?

For quite some time. Matthews seems to actually like Ron Paul. I think a good many "liberals" like Paul as well. They just don't like everything he's about.

Anybody that likes the Contitution should like Paul, since he's the only one that actually knows it.

Whatever man.... Ron Paul is not in the middle and you know it.

I am however somewhere in th middle.

Remember, there is a time and place for everything.

You claimed Ron Paul's foreign policy views are isolationist, and I'm calling bullshit on that. I don't buy your supposed respect for Ron Paul at all, because clearly don't have a clue what he's about. Forgive my rancor, but I'm sick to death of neo-cons trying to latch on to the enthusiasm for limited government when they really have no idea what it's all about. Especially when they use scare tactics and bogus accusations to shoot down anyone who really does.

What you need to come to terms with is the point that Kevin made - the military industrial complex is the elephant in the room when it comes to big government.

Why is that?

Matthews?

He's obamas mouth peice, so I wouldn't take anything that tool has to say as an honest opinion.

Matthews?

He's obamas mouth peice, so I wouldn't take anything that tool has to say as an honest opinion.

Not to mention that the video I posted shows that Matthews obviously has no respect whatsoever for Ron Paul.

Yes, they do.

Sure did. MSNBC brings up the '64 Civil Rights Act in an attempt to smear the Pauls as racists. There's no other reason to talk about something completely irrelevant to the 2012 Presidential elections.

No he doesn't.

Ron Paul has this lunatic notion that government has no place in regulating business. Says so all the time. It's Ron Paul that starts the racist crap.

He won a straw poll among YOUNG republicans. Color me unsurprised.

Forum List

Back