MSNBC = Must watch TV tonight!!!

Conservitive Comcast is ruining MSNBC.

Yes, I'm sure those suits at Comcast are intentionally scuttling their own investment. Greedy business types are known for flushing money for ideological reasons, right?

On top of that, what does Comcast taking over have to do with Maddow and Matthews' ratings? Has there been significant restructuring in their shows since the regime change? Last I checked, they were still pressing just as hard left as ever, but I could be wrong. Maybe dropping their worst dead weight in the world made people angry at other MSNBC personalities that would otherwise be doing well? I'd like to see you expound on this theory about Comcast intentionally scuttling their own investment. What, specifically, have you noticed since the Comcast takeover that would imply the parent corporation trying to make less people want to watch Chris Matthews.

How much did they waste on McCain/Palin?

So I have to assume that, if this is your response, you really haven't thought through how Comcast is "ruining" MSNBC enough to actually debate the point in a coherent manner. If I'm incorrect, do please expound on what, specifically, Comcast has done to F up Ratigan's ratings. If you could actually answer this question with a statement and not another question, I'd be much obliged. Keep in mind that when I ask this, despite my candor, I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I concede that you very well may be correct in your assessment, and if you've seen something I've missed, I would truly like to know.

As far as how much they "wasted" on McCain-Palin, I have trouble seeing how this contributes to an argument that they're intentionally scuttling MSNBC's ratings. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Sarah Palin pulls down the ratings like almost nobody else in politics. I'm not trying to endorse the woman politically, mind you, but somewhere between the controversy and the MILF appeal (which I will endorse wholeheartedly lol) that woman's one of the few political personalities that can lock down sweeps week. Putting her on the air doesn't hurt a channel's ratings, her intelligence or lack thereof notwithstanding.

msnbc-tca.jpg

Who's that guy, second from the left?

Does anyone find that clever?

I don't know about particularly clever, but I got a bit of a chuckle out of it.

Why do buffoons on the right think news media personalities are going to suffer under a less fair society? They are in the top 1% to 10%. It is the working people who suffer in a Walmart wage capitalistic society. They're not going to outsource talking heads, it's the voting corporate puppets who end up on the short side of the stick.

It does amaze me that Americans care so little about a living wage today - but as the Bible notes, the love of money is the root of all evil. Lower taxes are a carrot the partisan voters can't resist. Hold out the promise of lower taxes and the stooges crawl to the feet of big money. Simple but effective.

Paul's Letter to the 1% - Reta Halteman Finger | Sojourners Magazine - June 2012

When MSNBC fired Keith Olbermann, they fired the most moral, decent, honest and courteous and kind and solicitous host they ever had.

Getting rid of this thoroughly objective paragon of journalistic virtue left MSNBC with Chris Matthews, Al Sharpton, Martin Bashir, Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Alex Wagner, Tamron Hall, Andrea Mitchell, Ed Schultz, who are so desperately trying to fill the vacated shoes of the icon who gave the world The Worst Person In The World".

Based on their collective ratings, demo or otherwise, they are succeeding.

Last edited:
When MSNBC fired Keith Olbermann, they fired the most moral, decent, honest and courteous and kind and solicitous host they ever had.

Getting rid of this thoroughly objective paragon of journalistic virtue left MSNBC with Chris Matthews, Al Sharpton, Martin Bashir, Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Alex Wagner, Tamron Hall, Andrea Mitchell, Ed Schultz, who are so desperately trying to fill the vacated shoes of the icon who gave the world The Worst Person In The World".

Based on their collective ratings, demo or otherwise, they are succeeding.

Apparently the folks at Current TV who also canned him were as clueless about Keith's alleged talents as the clowns at MSNBC.

Forum List

Back