MSNBC get's Pat on the Head

Ah.. little Miss Goldcatt .. always trying to climb the left side of the fence but never quite making it to the middle ... and again she's pulled back.

First you say you don't watch them, then you judge them... what?

With all my respect Darlin.. you are wrong to judge MSNBC and Fox News as equally bad players. Granted, you can find examples for your argument but the big picture is far different...

Who says I've "never" watched them? I watched them both enough times to know what they're about. And then did what any rational person actually looking for news would do.....turned them off. Permanently.

You miss my point about hypocrisy, but it's early yet...or is it late where you are? I'm sure it will sink in at some point when you get enough caffeine in you.

Yep, I do judge them. One is no better, worse or different than the other. You wanna make something of it? :meow:

..I didn't miss your point on hypocrisy, their you were right...:lol:

Lets make you happy, you watched them but now you don't, ...nice twist

I'm giving up on some resolution with you on this, with the fact that you don't watch them... Now... you're therefore incapable of an informed and logical decision, so whats the point..

So now I'm uninformed and illogical. Nice. Since you're making that assessment I'll ask you a question. Based on the way both have been in the news, how have either or both of them changed in say, the last year? What's different about each of them, their reporting and their programming that would make them more honest, objective, unbiased and professional news organizations than they were previously?

I can wait.

Who says I've "never" watched them? I watched them both enough times to know what they're about. And then did what any rational person actually looking for news would do.....turned them off. Permanently.

You miss my point about hypocrisy, but it's early yet...or is it late where you are? I'm sure it will sink in at some point when you get enough caffeine in you.

Yep, I do judge them. One is no better, worse or different than the other. You wanna make something of it? :meow:

I'm giving up on some resolution with you on this, with the fact that you don't watch them... Now... you're therefore incapable of an informed and logical decision, so whats the point..

So now I'm uninformed and illogical. Nice. Since you're making that assessment I'll ask you a question. Based on the way both have been in the news, how have either or both of them changed in say, the last year? What's different about each of them, their reporting and their programming that would make them more honest, objective, unbiased and professional news organizations than they were previously?

I can wait.

More coffee Darling .. you already have my overall view and have rejected that. I sincerely doubt your open to trusting my assessments on the questions you've offered.

Now me. I though I was clear that questions and assessments were no longer necessary..
I might add that a much greater percentage of the time you're informed and logical, but sadly not this time..

I can wait.

More coffee Darling .. you already have my overall view and have rejected that. I sincerely doubt your open to trusting my assessments on the questions you've offered.

Now me. I though I was clear that questions and assessments were no longer necessary..
I might add that a much greater percentage of the time you're informed and logical, but sadly not this time..

We're all entitled to our opinion, Lumpy my dear. And these are two organizations that make the news as often if not more so than they actually report it. But I thought better of you than to start down the ad hom road over a difference of opinion about "news" organizations, I really did.

Oh I know, plausible deniability....but if you can't argue your point, how can you expect me to take you seriously? If you want to persuade me, go on and persuade me. If not, why are you addressing me and calling me uninformed and irrational - but not supplying any information or rational assessment of your own?

I'll e-mail you a fresh pot as soon as I figure out how to get it in the scanner. ;)

Bass, MSNBC is the left's answer to FOXNews. I can't stand to watch either one. They're not news channels, they're infotainment pushers.

When Bush was in the White House FOX got busted then admitted receiving talking points directly from the Administration and the MSNBC folks had a field day. Now we have a Dem Administration making nasty remarks about FOX and singing the praises of MSNBC talking heads who lean so far left they'd fall over in a mild breeze for keeping them "honest"?

When will news go back to being news? And when will hypocrisy go out of style, on both sides of the aisle? It's one of those fashions nobody wears well.

Stop spending money to subscribe to either MSNBC or FAUX News. Stop watching. Look for reliable, balanced news and follow that program...mebbe BBC America or PBS News Report. We have to help create demand for the news we want, goldcatt......the producers are (mainly) making decisions based on market share and profit.

Bass, MSNBC is the left's answer to FOXNews. I can't stand to watch either one. They're not news channels, they're infotainment pushers.

When Bush was in the White House FOX got busted then admitted receiving talking points directly from the Administration and the MSNBC folks had a field day. Now we have a Dem Administration making nasty remarks about FOX and singing the praises of MSNBC talking heads who lean so far left they'd fall over in a mild breeze for keeping them "honest"?

When will news go back to being news? And when will hypocrisy go out of style, on both sides of the aisle? It's one of those fashions nobody wears well.

Stop spending money to watch either MSNBC or FAUX News. Stop watching. Look for reliable, balanced news and follow that program...mebbe BBC America or PBS News Report. We have to help create demand for the news we want, goldcatt......the producers are (mainly) making decisions based on market share and profit.

I watch BBC World News on a regular basis, it's the best way to find out what's really happening out there. I watch C-Span when I have time to follow the actual happenings on the Hill without all the spin and junk. I read a lot of web stuff, but only primary sources - the SCOTUS reporter, for example. No third party blogs or op-eds. My Economist subscription is about to run out, I'm trying to decide if I like it well enough to renew.

I do cruise through the blogosphere from time to time to see what the spin du jour is, that's always fun. And I'm on a few different forums, it's always entertaining and informational to see what copy and paste pieces are making the rounds and who's spreading the spam. But rely on obviously biased sources and commentary to be informed? :eusa_hand:

I have a different but similar pattern, but I resent the need to go behind any journalist and fact-check to see how a story has been tweaked. It wastes my time...I have CNN on almost all day. I swear, I am on information-inside-the-bullshit overload.

Obviously you people have never watched Rachel Maddow, or Keith Olbermann. They both go after Democrats and Republicans.. And President Obama. I suggest you actually watch them sometime before opening your mouth to criticize. Yes, they push a progressive agenda.. But no, they aren't a mouthpiece for Obama.

I have a different but similar pattern, but I resent the need to go behind any journalist and fact-check to see how a story has been tweaked. It wastes my time...I have CNN on almost all day. I swear, I am on information-inside-the-bullshit overload.

I watch CNN for breaking news coverage if something's going on I want to stay on top of. But the thing I don't like about CNN is their breathless rush to be the first that results in too many detractions later, and they way they get all worked up and excited about things that aren't the end of the world, acting like the sky is falling.

But for breaking news type coverage they're still the best. If it's a weekend, overnight or pretty much anytime other than 9-4 Monday through Friday MSNBC won't even break into their programming unless the sky really is falling and maybe not even then, and FOX always finds a way to turn anything into a political issue complete with blowdried pundits and those god-awful seizure inducing tacky graphics of flags and stars.

I can wait.

We're all entitled to our opinion, Lumpy my dear. And these are two organizations that make the news as often if not more so than they actually report it. But I thought better of you than to start down the ad hom road over a difference of opinion about "news" organizations, I really did.

Oh I know, plausible deniability....but if you can't argue your point, how can you expect me to take you seriously? If you want to persuade me, go on and persuade me. If not, why are you addressing me and calling me uninformed and irrational - but not supplying any information or rational assessment of your own?

I'll e-mail you a fresh pot as soon as I figure out how to get it in the scanner. ;)

But Darling, you must see the futility of resolution. For as you say, "We're all entitled to our opinion" and endeavoring on changing your opinion when your opinion is obviously intractable would certainly yield no resolution.

I propose we move along with no hard feelings or further damaging innuendo..

But Darling, you must see the futility of resolution. For as you say, "We're all entitled to our opinion" and endeavoring on changing your opinion when your opinion is obviously intractable would certainly yield no resolution.

I think that's a very good idea. :clap2:

Obviously you people have never watched Rachel Maddow, or Keith Olbermann. They both go after Democrats and Republicans.. And President Obama. I suggest you actually watch them sometime before opening your mouth to criticize. Yes, they push a progressive agenda.. But no, they aren't a mouthpiece for Obama.

Well, Obama clearly thinks they are YoungLefty. I cannot abide Maddow because she screams at the camera. I'm not sure if I have seen Olbermann....MSNBC just has ZERO value for me as news. If I had watched before, I'd stop...Obama's comments should be career-enders for any journalist in a nation with a free press.

Yanno, in the 1960's when we learned Nixon had maintained an"Enemies List" we went batshit. How dare any US president declare any US citizen his "enemy". But at least Nixon denied the list existed as long as he could and never told us who was on it....it took journalists to find that out.

Obama makes his "Enemies List and Friends List" public and does up a press release every time he moves someone on or off them. That should offend you, YoungLefty. It certainly offends me...it is an abuse of the power of the presidency. If Obama wants to poke pins in voodoo dolls of Glen Beck and Bill O'Reilly, let him do so in private.

Last edited:

Sweet.. I'm off to bed... it's 7 am..

Sweet.. I'm off to bed... it's 7 am..

Night...morning...ah, sleep well sweetness! :D

Perhaps because Obama's not far enough left for them...?

MSNBC isn't liberal, NBC and all of its netwroks have more black men on their daily news as criminals than any other network,

I know, they even showed a black man with an ak47 assault rifle on his back at an obama rally last summer! ain't that fucking fantastic?

Well, Obama clearly thinks they are YoungLefty. I cannot abide Maddow because she screams at the camera. I'm not sure if I have seen Olbermann....MSNBC just has ZERO value for me as news. If I had watched before, I'd stop...Obama's comments should be career-enders for any journalist in a nation with a free press.

Yanno, in the 1960's when we learned Nixon had maintained an"Enemies List" we went batshit. How dare any US president declare any US citizen his "enemy". But at least Nixon denied the list existed as long as he could and never told us who was on it....it took journalists to find that out.

Obama makes his "Enemies List and Friends List" public and does up a press release every time he moves someone on or off them. That should offend you, YoungLefty. It certainly offends me...it is an abuse of the power of the presidency. If Obama wants to poke pins in voodoo dolls of Glen Beck and Bill O'Reilly, let him do so in private.

Nixon people maintain that it was Chuck Colson's list, not Nixon's. And one of the things Colson tried to do was to have everyone on it audited.

But I do think this is childish, the way 0bama is doing it. Not that Colslon was that adult either

Well, If Obama thinks that, obviously he hasn't ever watched Maddow or Olbermann. Both call out Obama and his administration all the time.. Just go back and watch their covering of the health reform legislation.. They were outright pissed over how the Admin. handled it.

Sarah Palin's always out harolding fox as the best channel.. But Obama can't say something good about MSNBC? Why the double standard?

Oh please. Bush's admin. attacked MSNBC all the time. And Obama was asked a question.. What's wrong with him telling the truth?

Well, If Obama thinks that, obviously he hasn't ever watched Maddow or Olbermann. Both call out Obama and his administration all the time.. Just go back and watch their covering of the health reform legislation.. They were outright pissed over how the Admin. handled it.

Sarah Palin's always out harolding fox as the best channel.. But Obama can't say something good about MSNBC? Why the double standard?

Oh please. Bush's admin. attacked MSNBC all the time. And Obama was asked a question.. What's wrong with him telling the truth?

Yeah they attacked him for not being Left Enough. They were pissed about no Single Payer.

And your claim about Bush attacking MSNBC is pure BS. Bush was a lot of things, but one thing he never did. Was whine and or complain about press coverage.

It was one of the things the right knocked him for. For not standing up and fighting back against the bias in the press. Ever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back