MSNBC: "Cain - "Black man who knows his place". I kid you not!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
MSNBC Analyst:GOP Sees Herman Cain as a 'Black Man Who Knows His Place'

"One of the things about Herman Cain is, I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy," Finney said. "I think he giving that base a free pass. And I think they like him because they think he's a black man who knows his place. I know that's harsh, but that's how it sure seems to me."

"Thank you for spelling that out," Bashir responded.
This isn't the first time liberals have made this kind of charge about Cain and his supporters.
During an online production of NBC's Meet the Press this week, Democratic congressman Elijah Cummings of Maryland said white voters support Cain to show they aren't racist. “I think when [members of the Tea Party] can vote for a Herman Cain and hear him say the things that he says they feel like, ‘Well, you know, I can, I support this guy and...so it shows that I’m not racist and I’m supportive,'" Cummings told host David Gregory."

But of course Obama said in his own words..
They’re going to try to make you afraid.
They’re going to try to make you afraid of me.
He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name.
And did I mention he’s black?"
Obama at Florida fund-raiser says GOP will go after him because he is black. Pool report. - Lynn Sweet

Last edited:
The support for Cain isn't about race; it's about the extremist right's hatred of Romney.

Oh, please. If Romney gets the nomination, you will be saying things about him that even I'd consider unfair.

Please don't try go make Romney the victim.

Incidently, why is it "extreme" to dislike a guy with no principles, a crazy religion, who will say anything to get elected and has made his fortune screwing average working folks out of their livlihoods? Frankly, under normal circumstances, you'd be as against him as I am.

But you are going to make him a victim because the rank and file are reluctant to support the Beltway Establishment's attempts to foist him on us. Right.

Crocadile Tears, anyone?

I think they are SO AFRAID of the BLACK Republican Cain, is that if he IS ELECTED...they will LOSE their talking point of how Republicans and the party are RACIST.

One thing it is showing though, is JUST HOW RACIST they are on the left.

go Cain

Last edited:
The support for Cain isn't about race; it's about the extremist right's hatred of Romney.

Oh, please. If Romney gets the nomination, you will be saying things about him that even I'd consider unfair.

Please don't try go make Romney the victim.

Incidently, why is it "extreme" to dislike a guy with no principles, a crazy religion, who will say anything to get elected and has made his fortune screwing average working folks out of their livlihoods? Frankly, under normal circumstances, you'd be as against him as I am.

But you are going to make him a victim because the rank and file are reluctant to support the Beltway Establishment's attempts to foist him on us. Right.

Crocadile Tears, anyone?

I didn't say anything about him being a victim. You've forgotten how much the Right hated McCain in 2008.

I think they are SO AFRAID of the BLACK Republican Cain, is that if he IS ELECTED...they will LOSE their talking point of how Republicans and the party are RACIST.

One thing it is showing though, is JUST HOW RACIST they are on the left.

go Cain

Racism is their entire party history.

"One of the things about Herman Cain is, I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy," Finney said. "I think he giving that base a free pass. And I think they like him because they think he's a black man who knows his place. I know that's harsh, but that's how it sure seems to me."

This isn't the first time liberals have made this kind of charge about Cain and his supporters.
During an online production of NBC's Meet the Press this week, Democratic congressman Elijah Cummings of Maryland said white voters support Cain to show they aren't racist. “I think when [members of the Tea Party] can vote for a Herman Cain and hear him say the things that he says they feel like, ‘Well, you know, I can, I support this guy and...so it shows that I’m not racist and I’m supportive,'" Cummings told host David Gregory."

Obama at Florida fund-raiser says GOP will go after him because he is black. Pool report. - Lynn Sweet

In other words
the Left is saying
"I can't stand when they don't know their place
and after we have done such much for them"

Last edited:

Why is always the liberal media who keeps on bring this crap up?

I'm not surprised that Dems are racists, FDR had Tuskegee, LBJ Held up Civil Rights Bill for 7 years and called Thurgood Marshall a ****** and Dem Senate Majority Leader Robert Byrd was a KKK Grand Kleagle

I'm not surprised that Dems are racists, FDR had Tuskegee, LBJ Held up Civil Rights Bill for 7 years and called Thurgood Marshall a ****** and Dem Senate Majority Leader Robert Byrd was a KKK Grand Kleagle

Exactly. Why can't the majority of blacks in this country figure this damn thing out? The Democrats ain't changed.

I didn't say anything about him being a victim. You've forgotten how much the Right hated McCain in 2008.

It's not hate to bring up a valid point that he hasn't fought for our issues and has overall been a kind of weasel.

My complaint with McCain was that he spent much of the time between challenging Bush in 2000 and getting the nomination in 2008 currying favor with the Mainstream Media instead of the people who got him elected. To the point where he flirted with the idea of being John Kerry's runningmate.

And when he finally got the Nomination, after years of telling us "why don't you nominate a nice moderate like John McCain", the media turned on the guy like he was the anti-Christ.

Romney has been worse. I don't think the man has core beliefs. He looks for what he thinks is the most advantageous position, and often makes himself look foolish.

Because, their accusations and recriminations of everyone else to the contrary, it is they who are the racist dregs of the Earth.

I'm bring this the issue to the table on how the liberal media or a Democrat who brings this stuff up... I've been hearing race baiting for a long time from the left, it's getting annoying and quite frankly I'm beginning to conclude that the Democrats are still the Party of Racism.

Because, their accusations and recriminations of everyone else to the contrary, it is they who are the racist dregs of the Earth.

I'm bring this the issue to the table on how the liberal media or a Democrat who brings this stuff up... I've been hearing race baiting for a long time from the left, it's getting annoying and quite frankly I'm beginning to conclude that the Democrats are still the Party of Racism.

As long as blacks behave and think like the Democrats think they should
there is no problem
:eusa_whistle:

Typical MSNBC and Democrat (redundancy alert) tactic to claim racism.
Why is that they see (claim) racism in almost everything when it comes to skin pigmentation? Is that the only template they have?

As long as blacks behave and think like the Democrats think they should
there is no problem
:eusa_whistle:

How many liberal blacks get support from the Right in any way?

Forum List

Back